Generic name: PEGFILGRASTIM 6mg in 0.6mL
Dosage form: njection, solution
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 10, 2020.
Patients with Cancer Receiving Myelosuppressive Chemotherapy
The recommended dosage of NYVEPRIA is a single subcutaneous injection of 6 mg administered once per chemotherapy cycle. For dosing in pediatric patients weighing less than 45 kg, refer to Table 1. Do not administer NYVEPRIA between 14 days before and 24 hours after administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy.
NYVEPRIA is administered subcutaneously via a single-dose prefilled syringe for manual use.
Prior to use‚ remove the carton from the refrigerator and allow the NYVEPRIA prefilled syringe to reach room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes. Discard any prefilled syringe left at room temperature for greater than 15 days.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. NYVEPRIA is supplied as a clear and colorless solution. Do not administer NYVEPRIA if discoloration or particulates are observed.
The NYVEPRIA syringe plunger stopper and needle cover are not made with natural rubber latex.
Pediatric Patients Weighing Less than 45 kg
The NYVEPRIA prefilled syringe is not designed to allow for direct administration of doses less than 0.6 mL (6 mg). The syringe does not bear graduation marks, which are necessary to accurately measure doses of NYVEPRIA less than 0.6 mL (6 mg) for direct administration to patients. Thus, the direct administration to patients requiring dosing of less than 0.6 mL (6 mg) is not recommended due to the potential for dosing errors. Refer to Table 1.
|Body Weight||NYVEPRIA Dose||Volume to Administer|
|Less than 10 kg*||See below*||See below*|
|10 – 20 kg||1.5 mg||0.15 mL|
|21 – 30 kg||2.5 mg||0.25 mL|
|31 – 44 kg||4 mg||0.4 mL|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do you take Claritin with Neulasta?
- When can I remove the Neulasta Onpro?
- What does cbqv stand for in pegfilgrastim?
- How do you increase white blood cells during chemo?
- How many biosimilars have been approved in the United States?
- When does Neulasta reach peak levels?
- How long do the side effects of the Neulasta (pegfilgrastim) shot last?
- Does Neulasta cause bone pain?
- Can you shower with Neulasta on body injector?
- What is the difference between Fulphila and Neulasta?
- What is the difference between Udenyca and Neulasta?
More about Nyvepria (pegfilgrastim)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: colony stimulating factors
- FDA Approval History