Generic name: BACLOFEN 5mg
Dosage form: oral granules
Drug class: Skeletal muscle relaxants
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 26, 2021.
Initiate LYVISPAH with a low dosage, preferably in divided doses, administered orally. The following gradually increasing dosage regimen is suggested, but should be adjusted based on clinical response and tolerability:
5 mg three times a day for three days
10 mg three times a day for three days
15 mg three times a day for three days
20 mg three times a day for three days
Additional increases may be necessary up to the maximum recommended dosage of 80 mg daily (20 mg four times a day). Multiple packets or multiple strengths can be used to achieve the prescribed dosage.
The entire contents of the packet should be emptied into the mouth. The granules will dissolve in the mouth or can be swallowed. LYVISPAH can be taken with liquids or soft foods if needed.
Administration with Liquids or Soft Foods
LYVISPAH can be administered orally as a mixture with liquids or soft foods, such as apple sauce, yogurt, or pudding. The contents of one packet can be emptied and mixed with up to 15 mL of liquid or soft food. The mixture should be administered no more than 2 hours after mixing. If multiple packets are to be administered, each packet must be mixed with a separate volume of liquid or soft food.
dministration via Feeding Tube
LYVISPAH can also be administered via enteral feeding tubes such as nasogastric (NG) at sizes 8 FR or higher, gastrostomy (G) at sizes 12 FR or higher, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) at sizes 14 FR or higher, and gastrojejunostomy (GJ) tubes at sizes 16 FR or higher.
- Flush the feeding tube with up to 15 mL of water using a catheter tip syringe.
- Open and empty the full contents of one packet of LYVISPAH in 15 mL of liquid, such as apple juice or milk, in a clean container. Mix the suspension to ensure all granules are wetted.
- Draw up the suspension of granules into a dosing syringe immediately after mixing and administer the dose via the feeding tube. Administration should be no longer than two hours after mixing. If the syringe is allowed to stand for 15 minutes before administration, invert the syringe three times.
- Refill the dosing syringe with 15 mL of water and flush the feeding tube.
- If multiple packets are to be administered, each packet must be mixed with a separate volume of liquid.
Discontinuation of LYVISPAH
When discontinuing LYVISPAH, reduce the dosage slowly and avoid abrupt withdrawal from the drug to help minimize the risk of adverse reactions [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
Frequently asked questions
More about Lyvispah (baclofen)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: skeletal muscle relaxants
Lioresal, Gablofen, Fleqsuvy, Ozobax
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.