Generic name: DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE 100mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 10, 2021.
Important Administration Instructions
- The usual dosage and frequency of administration of LYMEPAK differs from that of the other tetracyclines. Exceeding the recommended dosage may result in an increased incidence of adverse reactions.
- Administration of adequate amounts of fluid along with the tablets is recommended to wash down the tablet to reduce the risk of esophageal irritation and ulceration [see Adverse Reactions (6)].
- If gastric irritation occurs, LYMEPAK may be given with food or milk. The absorption of doxycycline is not markedly influenced by simultaneous ingestion of food or milk.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the most common skin conditions? (with photos)
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- How long after stopping doxycycline can I drink alcohol?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- Is doxycycline safe for dogs?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- Can taking doxycycline for acne worsen my skin?
- What causes black hairy tongue?
- Can you smoke cigarettes or marijuana on doxycycline hyclate?
- Is doxycycline hydrochloride 100mg a sulfa based drug?
- Will it be harmful to take doxycycline with iron supplements?
- Does doxycycline cause kidney pain?
More about LymePak (doxycycline)
Vibramycin, Monodox, Oracea, Doxy 100, ... +13 more
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.