Generic name: DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE 100mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 4, 2019.
Important Administration Instructions
- The usual dosage and frequency of administration of LYMEPAK differs from that of the other tetracyclines. Exceeding the recommended dosage may result in an increased incidence of adverse reactions.
- Administration of adequate amounts of fluid along with the tablets is recommended to wash down the tablet to reduce the risk of esophageal irritation and ulceration [see Adverse Reactions (6)].
- If gastric irritation occurs, LYMEPAK may be given with food or milk. The absorption of doxycycline is not markedly influenced by simultaneous ingestion of food or milk.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long after stopping doxycycline can I drink alcohol?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body after you finish your prescribed amount?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- Can taking doxycycline for acne worsen my skin?
- Can you smoke cigarettes or marijuana while on doxycycline hyclate 100mg?
- Is doxycycline hydrochloride 100mg a sulfa based drug?
- Will it be harmful to take doxycycline with iron supplements?