User Reviews for Cefotaxime

Also known as: Claforan

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
1 review 162 medications

Reviews for Cefotaxime

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "It started out one evening with cellulitis in my calf on my right leg. I was admitted to hospital. By 7 a.m., it had spread throughout my whole leg up to my groin. My doctor had consulted a surgeon who accompanied her to see me as soon as she saw the rapid increase in the cellulitis. Amputation was suggested as it was already up to my groin. I refused amputation and Cefotaxime and Flagyl were ordered in large doses I.V., and my leg was saved. The head of infectious disease control ordered the cefotaxime as he had many successes with Cefotaxime in similar situations. It took a month but my leg was saved!!! The drug was paid for by my (Canadian) health insurance plan..I have never paid for any drug/hospitalization/tests/ambulance."

I still have a leg! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2017