Generic name: ALOGLIPTIN BENZOATE 12.5mg, Metformin hydrochloride 500mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Recommendations for All Patients
- Healthcare providers should individualize the starting dose of KAZANO based on the patient's current regimen.
- KAZANO should be taken twice daily with food with gradual dose escalation to reduce the gastrointestinal (GI) side effects due to metformin. KAZANO tablets must not be split before swallowing.
- Dosing may be adjusted based on effectiveness and tolerability while not exceeding the maximum recommended daily dose of 25 mg alogliptin and 2000 mg metformin HCl.
- The following doses are available:
- 12.5 mg alogliptin and 500 mg metformin HCl
- 12.5 mg alogliptin and 1000 mg metformin HCl
Recommendations for Use in Renal Impairment
Assess renal function prior to initiation of KAZANO and periodically thereafter.
KAZANO is not recommended in patients with an eGFR between 30 and 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 because these patients require a lower daily dosage of alogliptin than what is available in the fixed combination KAZANO product.
Discontinuation for Iodinated Contrast Imaging Procedures
Discontinue KAZANO at the time of, or prior to, an iodinated contrast imaging procedure in patients with an eGFR between 30 and 60 mL/min/1.73 m2; in patients with a history of liver disease, alcoholism or heart failure; or in patients who will be administered intra-arterial iodinated contrast. Re-evaluate eGFR 48 hours after the imaging procedure; restart KAZANO if renal function is stable [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
More about Kazano (alogliptin / metformin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating