Diclofex DC Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 25, 2019.
Generic name: Diclofenac Sodium 16.05mg in 1mL; Capsaicin 0.025mg in 1mL
Dosage form: kit
For the relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee(s), the recommended dose is 40 drops per knee, 4 times a day.
Apply diclofenac sodium topical solution to clean, dry skin.
To avoid spillage, dispense diclofenac sodium topical solution 10 drops at a time either directly onto the knee or first into the hand and then onto the knee. Spread diclofenac sodium topical solution evenly around front, back and sides of the knee. Repeat this procedure until 40 drops have been applied and the knee is completely covered with solution.
To treat the other knee, if symptomatic, repeat the procedure.
Application of diclofenac sodium topical solution in an amount exceeding or less than the recommended dose has not been studied and is therefore not recommended.
- Avoid showering/bathing for at least 30 minutes after the application of diclofenac sodium topical solution to the treated knee.
- Wash and dry hands after use.
- Do not apply diclofenac sodium topical solution to open wounds.
- Avoid contact of diclofenac sodium topical solution with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not apply external heat and/or occlusive dressings to treated knees.
- Avoid wearing clothing over the diclofenac sodium topical solution-treated knee(s) until the treated knee is dry.
- Protect the treated knee(s) from sunlight.
- Wait until the treated area is dry before applying sunscreen, insect repellant, lotion, moisturizer, cosmetics, or other topical medication to the same knee you have just treated with diclofenac sodium topical solution.
- Until the treated knee(s) is completely dry, avoid skin-to-skin contact between other people and the treated knee(s).
- Rotate pump's spout counter-clockwise slightly to unlock; clockwise to lock.
- Before using on children under 18 years of age, consult a physician.
Apply sparingly to affected area not more than 4 times daily. However, for first use, apply to small area to test for sensitivity or skin reaction.
Gently massage into the skin until fully absorbed.
Wash hands with soap and water thoroughly after each application to avoid spreading to the eyes or other sensitive mucous membranes.
More about Diclofex DC (capsaicin / diclofenac topical)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.