Betadine Ophthalmic Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 29, 2022.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION: While the inner surface and contents of the immediate container (i.e. bottle) are sterile, the outer surface of the bottle is not sterile. The use of the bottle in a sterile field should be avoided. BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution is used as follows:
BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution is used as follows:
- Make sure container is intact before use. To open, COMPLETELY TWIST OFF TAB, do not pull off.
- Gently pour entire contents of bottle into a sterile prep cup. Saturate sterile cotton-tipped applicator to prep lashes and lid margins using one or more applicators per lid; repeat once.
- Saturate sterile prep sponge or other suitable material to prep lids, brow and cheek in a circular ever-expanding fashion until the entire field is covered; repeat prep three (3) times.
- While separating the lids, irrigate the cornea, conjunctiva and palpebral fornices with BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution using a sterile bulb syringe.
- After the BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution has been left in contact for two minutes, sterile saline solution in a bulb syringe should be used to flush the residual prep solution from the cornea, conjunctiva, and the palpebral fornices.
More about Betadine Ophthalmic Solution (povidone iodine ophthalmic)
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- Drug class: ophthalmic anti-infectives
- En español
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.