Betadine Ophthalmic Dosage
Generic name: POVIDONE-IODINE 5mg in 1mL
Dosage form: ophthalmic solution
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
While the inner surface and contents of the immediate container (i.e. bottle) are sterile, the outer surface of the bottle is not sterile. The use of the bottle in a sterile field should be avoided.
BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution is used as follows:
- Make sure container is intact before use. To open, COMPLETELY TWIST OFF TAB, do not pull off.
- Gently pour entire contents of bottle into a sterile prep cup. Saturate sterile cotton-tipped applicator to prep lashes and lid margins using one or more applicators per lid; repeat once.
- Saturate sterile prep sponge or other suitable material to prep lids, brow and cheek in a circular ever-expanding fashion until the entire field is covered; repeat prep three (3) times.
- While separating the lids, irrigate the cornea, conjunctiva and palpebral fornices with BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution using a sterile bulb syringe.
- After the BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution has been left in contact for two minutes, sterile saline solution in a bulb syringe should be used to flush the residual prep solution from the cornea, conjunctiva, and the palpebral fornices.
More about Betadine Ophthalmic Solution (povidone iodine ophthalmic)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: ophthalmic anti-infectives