Red yeast rice Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with red yeast rice.
HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (applies to red yeast rice) renal disease
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applicable conditions: Renal Dysfunction
Some HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors such as fluvastatin, have not been studied in patients with severe renal impairment or end-stage renal disease. Some others such as pitavastatin and simvastatin, require a dose reduction when used in this group of patients. Caution and close monitoring is advised when using these drugs in patients with renal impairment.
- "Product Information. Mevacor (lovastatin)." Merck & Company Inc (2002):
- "Product Information. Pravachol (pravastatin)." Bristol-Myers Squibb (2001):
- "Product Information. Zocor (simvastatin)." Merck & Company Inc (2001):
- "Product Information. Lescol (fluvastatin)." Novartis Pharmaceuticals (2001):
- "Product Information. Lipitor (atorvastatin)." Parke-Davis (2001):
- "Product Information. Crestor (rosuvastatin)." AstraZeneca Pharma Inc (2003):
- "Product Information. Livalo (pitavastatin)." Kowa Pharmaceuticals America (formerly ProEthic) (2010):
Red yeast rice drug interactions
There are 248 drug interactions with red yeast rice.
Red yeast rice alcohol/food interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food interactions with red yeast rice.
More about red yeast rice
- red yeast rice consumer information
- Check interactions
- Reviews (8)
- Side effects
- Drug class: nutraceutical products
- En español
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.