Attapulgite Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with attapulgite.
Adsorbent antidiarrheal (applies to attapulgite) fever
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility.
Patients with diarrhea and fever should be seen by a physician. The potential for the diarrhea to be associated with ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, or amebiasis is increased in these patients.
- "Product Information. Kaopectate (attapulgite)." Pharmacia and Upjohn (2001):
- "Product Information. Diasorb (attapulgite)." Columbia Laboratories Inc (2001):
- "Product Information. Donnagel (attapulgite)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories (2001):
Attapulgite drug interactions
There are 73 drug interactions with attapulgite.
More about attapulgite
- attapulgite consumer information
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (1)
- Drug class: antidiarrheals
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.