User Reviews for Edluar to treat Insomnia

Edluar has an average rating of 9.2 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 91% of those users who reviewed Edluar reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Edluar Rating Summary

9.2/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Mike · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 16, 2020

“I love this formulation of zolpidem because when I used to take the oral pill form it would force me to not eat hours before taking it or it wouldn't be effective, took much longer to kick in, and in general the pill still 10mg, isn't enough to manage my insomnia. I've tried Lunesta, Sonata, Rozerem, Remeron, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Saphris, Restoril, Doral, Halcion and Trazdone. When I asked my psychiatrist about Edluar 10mg SL tablets she was excited to prescribe them and get some feedback from me on how effective it is. Turns out, Edluar 10mg gets me such great sleep compared to Ambien generic it's like I am taking an entirely different medication. Edluar, 10/10 for decreasing time it took to fall asleep 10/10 for keeping me asleep, and 9/10 for how alert I felt when I woke up in the morning. I feel somewhat not there for a few minutes but that goes away quickly. This Edluar stuff is a tough competitor to my Halcion (also super effective)”

Cpap user · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 22, 2018

“Other medications took 1 to 2 hrs to work, this drug works within 45 minutes, taste is very good can wake up no problem, this drug was impossible to get for about 6 months, I wish another manufacturer would make this because this drug is so expensive! Even the copay is high. This edluar is same as lunesta but fast acting, all other sleep meds are time release. No side effects!”

Neversleeps · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 16, 2018

“Excellent product, but I have had difficulty getting the prescription filled for months due to a manufacturer backorder. This drug was an excellent addition to my bedtime routine. Get in bed, hold it in your mouth, and asleep within 20 minutes. This greatly reduced the chances of getting out of bed and doing something stupid, like with generic Ambien. Generic Ambien takes too long to onset and can feel gradual, which is confusing and might lead to me "forgetting to go to bed". But the Edluar solved that problem because it is fast acting. Only issue is the manufacturer backorder and high cost.”

thedaks16 October 14, 2009

“It works just as well or better than the regular/tab pills. It's onset it fast, 10 minutes after completely dissolved under the tongue *sub-lingual* obviously. It has a bad sweet taste but I got used to it quickly. Takes about 8 minutes to dissolve. There's no heaviness like the CR's or anything like that. Seems it does the trick for easier and faster sleep.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2015

“I have taken OTC to ambien and lunesta. There is no similar comparison. This is my miracle drug for insomnia. The bad taste is actually to help you remember you took the drug. It was designed for those who wake at night and need to go back to sleep thus again helping remember you took it. You can break them easy and can take 1/2 before bed and one if you wake up. Use the free trial and down load the coupon card for the rest of the year. You will not be disappointed in the medication. Make sure the pharmacy "hooks" it to the script every time. They seem to forget. Too expensive of a tier as it is!”

cameronlanni October 16, 2009

“It does work very well. It's quite similar to Ambien, but the taste bitter, and makes it very difficult to let it dissolve under your tongue for a few minutes without vomiting. Aside from that, though, it takes only minutes from the time it finishing dissolving before it kicks in. Pop the pill in your mouth, and 5 or 6 minutes later, you won't be able to keep your eyes open. It's pretty impressive, actually.”

Anonymous December 18, 2010

“Edluar is a much better option to Ambien because it's fast acting and, thus, helps to prevent many of the embarrassing Ambien issues (such as Ambien-eating, Ambien-emailing, etc.). It may help to prevent abuse because it acts so quickly. The taste is not bad and quickly dissolves. Most people should not have issues with the flavor unless they are sensitive to taste. I would not recommend this for long-term use, but it would be a solution for people who have insomnia issues and MUST fall asleep quickly because they have something important to do the next day.”

dogmom918 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2018

“This is the best medication for insomnia I have taken. It generally took about 15 minutes after I took the medication I was asleep. I no longer take this medication because it is astronomically expensive with no co-pay assistance card. If they could get the cost down I would switch back.”

Anonymous August 19, 2011

“Edluar has worked better than anything I've tried. It works fast and I'm even dreaming again, which I wasn't with a few others. I actually break mine in half and only take a half dose. Still works great. Taste is not bad. Have had some issues with availability though. I hope they're not taking it off the market.”

Diazdayz · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 15, 2016

“I tried edluar for insomnia and found that it works very quickly about 15 minutes using the sublingual pill. Not a bad taste. I prefer it when I need to get to bed quickly. It can give u munchies if u try to fight the sleepiness. But great for flying or car trips. Doesn't always last more than 5 hours but quick onset is worth it. Take and go to bed immediately for it to work properly!”

slaughterray April 13, 2011

“After my doctor prescribed Edluar 10MG due to my complaint of only getting 4-5 hours sleep because of the pain I have been experiencing. I now get a full 7-8 hours sleep. I awaken feeling refresh. I do not feel tired. I feel a lot better than before. I was having a very difficult time sleeping past 5 hours since November 2009. ”

Narci August 24, 2013

“I've had insomnia since my back surgery 2 years ago and tried several sleeping pills like Ambien and Lunesta. Edluar 10mg is the only one that works for me. I take it every night as long as I live.”

Learn more about Insomnia