User Reviews for Nasacort

Allergic Rhinitis
5.9

Summary of Nasacort reviews 6.1 54 reviews

Reviews for Nasacort

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have used Nasacort for three years. I have had hayfever most of my life, changing medicines every few years as they become less effective. Nasacort was amazing for the first two years. For the first time in my adult life, living through allergy season with no symptoms, and no side effects, was an absolute wonder. Now, year three, since day one of starting the spray (one each nostril per day) I have been slowly coughing up all of my lungs. I can only hope I have done no damage. Time to move on, and find the next best thing."

ack (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2018

"Had nasal surgery...symptoms didn't improve in one nostril and nighttime would be awful for me. Extreme blockage. Was told I still have swelling (felt my nasal passages 'popping' sometimes like your ear does so makes sense). Tried Nasacort and actually improved my sleep. Seemed to keep airflow pretty good , have a slight deviation in the back still so not perfect. This allows me to have a good night sleep, during the day I feel comfortable. Using 2 sprays in each nostril may cut to one....but overall pleased because it is decreasing symptoms. Give it 1-2 weeks seemed to really calm nasal swelling down in that time frame."

DOM (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am a young woman and have been taking this at night to clear my allergies because zertec just won't cut it anymore and this has been working. I haven't had any bad allergy symptoms and can breathe freely. But since taking this medicine I have had some adverse side effects. I have been woken up in the middle of the night from my heart racing and what feels like a panic attack. It is so bad I have to get up and turn on a light and go do something just so I can calm myself down let alone get myself to sleep. I have decided that this is just too much to go through for clear sinuses so I am no longer going to take this medicine and try something else."

Joy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Fantastic and no side effects. Flonase was horrible - didn’t work and gave me horrible anxiety. Generic version of Nasocort has been wonderful."

Ecd64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Been taking for a week, so far its useless."

ronnyz (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Today was my first time trying it and it works! I could tell when I first sprayed it; it seemed to open me up then. I used to use Claritin d (til it stopped working), then Zyrtec, then Flonase but they all seemed to take time to work. Didn’t have that problem today. Plus it was cheaper than the Flonase and I had a coupon on top of that!"

V (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Just tried it for the first time today. Although my nose isn't completely clear there is a huge difference than when I didn't have it. I was using Afrin and Nasacort didn't seem to have that immediate clearance that Afrin provided, but it was good because this meant that the addictive effect of total and immediate clearance was not there..so Nasacort was more gradual and less harsh. I love it!"

Aprmce February 16, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "While using the product for about 2 to 3 weeks it cured the allergy symptoms but left me with what seemed to be manageable anxiety and lite panic attacks. Even though I have some holistic cures for anxiety ( holy basil tea or passion flower drops) the ongoing uneasiness from the drug made me stop. The first day off the medication I felt odd , the second day I was a little stronger, and the 3rd day I had a real panic attack. I wouldn't suggest the product to anyone who has had "any anxiety issues" in their life. At least I know I have a strong heart..."

Surf guy February 13, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have a constant runny nose, but worse, as soon as I lie down at night my nose becomes stuffed. I'm a stomach sleeper, so my head is always turned to one side. The bottom nostril becomes stuffed, so I switch sides, and so on through the night. I used Nasacort for 2 weeks and it was magical -- until my nose began bleeding and gooping up inside with snotty, bloody clumps. So, I had to give it up (Nasacort even let me sleep at night after the bloody clumps began) because I don't think it's normal to have chunky scabby blood clogs. Still haven't found a fix for my night problem (BreatheRight helps a bit, but the adhesive makes my skin itch)."

RustyTutor February 11, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "This is the only medication that worked for me. A lifelong history (50+ yrs) of my nasal passages swelling up when sleeping or anytime I wasn't upright. I use once a day (at night) one spray each nostril and I now can sleep soundly with no stuffiness! No side effects for me, no jitters etc. My life has improved since using it."

tlynn828 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Didn't help my runny nose at all unfortunately."

Christie2211 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am very sensitive to all medications so was so happy to try Nasacort. It worked really well for my allergies but after two weeks of using it the side effects were awful. Right off the bat my right eyelid was twitching nonstop. I put up with it since I could finally breath but then the heart palpitations started. It got so bad one night that I thought I was having a heart attack and almost passed out while I was driving. As soon as I stopped using Nasacort the symptoms went away. It also caused anxiety for me. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Hoping there is no permanent damage to my heart!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "This drug almost killed me. I had every side effect to the extreme. Sleep deprivation led to me being delirious. At the hospital I went into anaphylactic shock. My heart hasn’t ever fully recovered. Stay away from this rubbish “medicine.”"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I hit google as soon as I first tried this product. Within 10 minutes of taking this product I felt like I was high as a kite, kind of feels like a stimulant, I can see how someone who are younger could have a panic attack if they did not understand what is going on. As for what its supposed to do my nose is clear as a whistle but it is 10 PM and I am freakin wired."

High as a kite (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "This product didn't help me but it did give me the worst nose bleed of my life."

Brooke L. August 7, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "After trying literally every single allergy medication out there (not over the counter), Nasacourt was the only medication that stopped my allergy symptoms. Great product, would definitely recommend 10/10"

I h8 allergies (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "My 8 yrs/old son started having panic attacks (never had them before!) after taking 1 spray before bed). We discontinued this med but panic attacks are still there after 2 weeks - really scary indeed! Beware of this terrible drug! If someone had those as well please let me know and do you know when they will subside?"

lilia_s July 18, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Apparently this product worked wonders for a friend of mine, within minutes of taking one dose my nose would not stop running like a faucet, I began feeling sharp yet sudden pain throughout my chest/stomach, I genuinely feel like I couldn't breath (I say feel because I'm dealing with the side affects as I type this) I have very bad diarrhea & I feel like I am going to puke up a storm at any point. Please don't take this & if you do be prepared. I wish I was."

PS. May 7, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Well I'll start by saying I was most certainly NOT paid by the company for a positive review as was suggested by another reviewer whom the medicine obviously didn't work for. I bought this at RiteAid. Chose it over Flonase because it was on sale. I was desperate to find anything, that would help my allergies. I live in So Cal and the super bloom we're having from all the rain triggered super allergies in me. I'd been eating benadryl like candy with no relief and had rubbed the top layer of skin off my eyelids. I literally thought I was going to have to sell my house and move because it was so bad. I was having hot flashes and cold sweats. My lungs were itchy. This stuff is a miracle in a bottle. The relief was immediate. Very happy with it"

No more sneezing April 21, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Lifelong rhinitis, worse with age (now 71). Tried Flonase, did nothing and unpleasant to use. Bought Nasacort generic would last 2 months @ 1shot/nostril/day. Immediate improvement, no flavor or sting. Already familiar with triamcinolone (active) as a topical (skin). Only downrated to 9 because 1) it's a drug and fewer is better, 2) it doesn't 'blast' nose wide open like Afrin (which causes its own problems), 3) from other reviews we see that results/reactions vary widely. On the plus side: If it works for you, fewest potential side effects; no alcohol or scent; generic/storebrand available-- reasonable cost; OTC designation, 'generally safe and effective for self-administrataion. Lookup and observe contraindications"

arbilab (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I suffer from post nasal drip with constant coughing. Nothing else helped .Always got side effects I read where this product was good for my systems. Wow what a difference. Took 24 hours to see a difference but boy the difference in coughing spells ,drainage was cut 75%. I have felt this good in years. Even When I don't have post nasal drip."

Volp (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have developed allergies in my 50's. We have three cats and I am especially sensitive to one of them and will sneeze and sneeze after petting her and my nose will run continuously. I now limit my time with her. Nasacort has stopped my nose from running. My side effects have been a little nausea and a feeling of hyperactivity. For me the hyperactivity is a plus as I am getting things done. I still want to take this medication sparingly."

Lindy CC March 12, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Nasacort has absolutely made my nasal congestion and runniness a problem. I've been using Nasacort for a couple of months. From the outset, after my morning dose (snorting it is not a problem), I would find my nose immediately became runny. If I went cycling I'd find myself with a stuffy nose and post-nasal drip -- classic allergic reactions to my environment. The Nasacort was not helping a bit. In fact, it seemed to be aggravating my allergies. And they don't exactly give this stuff away. So I am doing without Nasacort and will probably switch to a prescription inhaler next time I see my allergy specialist."

Johntechwriter2 March 10, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Suffer horribly with seasonal allergies. This stuff is a Godsend. Much better than Flonase. And doesn't have that horrible Flonase smell of freshly cut grass..which kills my sinuses! Completely NOT a waste of money as previous review stated"

MaryH0816 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Nasacort made my nose run like a faucet. It was almost like something in it triggered my allergies instead of helping them. I used it for a week before I realized it was what was causing me problems. Also caused blood to be in my snot. I would try anything else besides this. On a scale from. 1 to 10 I would rate Nasalcrom at 10 and Nasacort at 1."

VonAlbritton (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016