User Reviews for Retin-A

Acne 8.1
Summary of Retin-A reviews 8.2 90 reviews

Reviews for Retin-A

Liv August 1, 2020

For Acne: “Retin A..wow is all I can say. This product is amazing. I had small stubborn little bumps (clogged pores) and just overall comedonal acne. Retin A has completely cleared my skin and made it look even better than it did before I had acne. My skin so smooth and it just continues to boost my skin confidence. I've been on Retin A for about a year and hse “Retin A micro pump gel 0.06%”. I did purge a lot and had SLIGHT dryness/irration in the beginning but I didn’t mind it because I WANTED to get rid of the small bumps that were clogged pores. MY TOP ADVICE about this product is using it consistently! This product works slowly (but effectively) and will take some time to produce the wonderful results. Also, I still get a pimple occasionally but no where near what I had. The pimple will usually come and go quickly with this product. I use a mosturizer and a good SPF sunscreen. This is the BEST so stick it out during the purging phase because it is WORTH IT.”

Elle May 14, 2020

For Photoaging of the Skin: “If you stick it out and are patient with this - the results are incredible. One piece of advice is moisturize!!! A LOT!! The gel is way better than the cream imo. The gel burns so bad though whereas the cream didn't. I've been using retin-a since February and it's May now and I have the worst purge I've ever had but now my skin is flawless. Stick it out. Amazing for tightening pores, clearing acne, and just gives your skin an overall healthy look to it. 10/10 be patient”

ryan April 29, 2020

For Acne: “prior to using this cream, I checked reviews. I saw a lot of negatives; people complaining about a face-purge. I was highly discouraged. After a while, I said screw it. I’ve been struggling with acne for a long time now. I’m a 22 year old african male, been struggling with acne since I was 11; that is half of my life. I ignored the negatives and decided to give it a shot. Week 1 and 2 were calm. The purge started on week 3 and it was horrible! I couldn’t leave my house, my face was a mess. I was nearly compelled to quit but I persevered. The purge lasted through till week 8. On the 9th week, I noticed little less break outs. I’m on my 11 week now and man! my face is as smooth as a baby’s. I honestly can’t believe this. This is the best my face has been in more than a decade. I'd highly recommend. The purge period is absolutely hectic and discouraging but do not give up. stick to it I promise. advice: Take pictures to track your progress”

Bnoon · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2020

For Acne: “When I was 5 weeks into using this topical Retin-A I headed to the internet to figure out why my acne was 5 times WORSE than when I started it. I would honesty just look in the mirror and cry, I picked at all my pimples and it made it even worse. The purge is real but If you can make it past it I promise it’s worth it. Do some research on why the purge happens. I am 10 weeks in and all that I have on my face is scaring due to the picking which will go away over time and with the help of other topicals. My advice is to stick with it, do not pick and trust the process!”

PJ April 17, 2020

For Acne: “I have acne-prone skin and started having acne 12-ish. I have done extensively research on effective medication and found Retin-A. I introduced RetinA to my skin, really slowly by applying for 5, 10, 20, 30, 60, 90 and 120min and washing it off before my normal routine for 1week each (2min for 1week, 5min for 1week & go on). Then I started apply it overnight as my last step (moisturizer 30min then RetinA 0.025) from 1night/week to every other night then every night. I am on my 8th week of using RetinA every night as my last step. I am going to use it before moisturizer in week10. Gradually introduce RetinA to my skin made the purging bearable (slowly purging) and subsided those side effects. I still have red scars but much smoother texture, little bumpy. I am still breaking out but expecting. Complexion is improving. Skin is brighten and glowing. Skin is more balance, not oily, not dry. I am on month2 and happy with my skin, not perfect, much better. RetinA is worth your patience.”

kay5991 · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For Acne: “this was the worst experience of my life. It made my face break out and I had big red dry patches on my face that burned so bad. I still have red scars from those spots that I didn’t have before. do not use this , I suggest accutane I have done that before also”

Maxx · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

For Acne: “19 years old , 8 weeks completed today , used Retin A .025 (every night) along with doxy forte tablet (2 times a day), worked like a miracle!!, 1st month was a really tough time but now my face is so much smooth and clean then before , very light marks are still there ,hope they vanish soon,MUST USE and BE PATIENT.”

Payu · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

For Acne: “RetinA is just an awesome cream. There is side effect also like peeling of skin and drying of skin, but it recovers with moisturizer. I applied moisturizer on face at day time in night before sleeping I use this cream on pimples in very little amount . I'm applying this from 1 month ago and it's really working on my pimples my pimples get reduced and my dark spot also get lighten. It's taking time so you have to be patient and you have to apply on face where you feel like that pimples are coming also but their no need to worry it recover new pimples also and treated whole face with pimpels it's remove pimples very easily. I love this retin a cream and it's working on my face very nicely.”

MerJoy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

For Acne: “I am 51 years old and after years of remission had a recurrence of acne. I took Accutane when I was in my late twenties. The oiliness of my skin has not abated with age so I researched possible treatments and decided to try Retin A. Dr prescribed .05% and I started using it. After about a month of use my skin was very irritated and I experienced a worsening of my acne. I continued to use and changed my skincare routine by using cetaphil to wash my face and cerave moisturizer spf 30 in the am and cerave pm at night. Also had to buy a foundation for normal/dry skin. As of now I have no new pimples and scars are gradually fading. More than satisfied with this treatment.”

Nii · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2020

For Acne: “Okay, been on Retin A since early November. Prescribed by my primary care physician prior to seeing a dermatologist. When I first began, I started using the gel two times a week. Making sure to always wash off in the morning and use sunscreen throughout the day. I was afraid of the purging period which THANK GOD, I never had. It almost felt like the medication wasn't working. I had no burning or stinging sensations just minor peeling which was not bad AT ALL. This could be because I am on the lowest dosage (0.025). I upped my usage to three times a week and keep using despite "feeling like anything was working". Fast forward to today, three months later and my skin is sooooooo smooth. I still have fading dark marks but they are significantly lighter. I have ZERO ACTIVE ACNE bumps. Smooth skin and very shiny. I am a 25 y/o African American female and THIS PRODUCT IS GREAT. Patience is KEY!!!!!”

ed January 20, 2020

For Acne: “had adult acne, Retin-A cured it”

Elle75 January 11, 2020

For Acne: “I have jawline acne, dark patches from pigmentation and uneven skin tone and blemishes from years of cystic acne. I am 44 & Asian. Day 1 to 2 gel stung like crazy, itchy and warm skin, and redness Days 3 to 8 peeling skin, inflamed look after washing face. Stinging, and itchy. Days 8 and 9 skin is very taught. I needed extra petroleum jelly plus my regular moisturizer although my regular moisturizer. Days 9 and 10 skin is sensitive, shiny that I need to use make up. For peeling skin I reapply petroleum jelly at the first signs of dryness or flakiness. I used hydrocortisone on itchy spots. On day 10 I stopped using soap to wash my face as it is drying. I use luke warm water to wash off the petroleum jelly on my face and pat dry my skin. The dryness has reduced today, day 10. I can use the gel without it stinging my skin or being taught and dry. By day 10 my face appears to be clearer in some places, spots are fading. Skin texture is smooth though tender.”

Maxx · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2020

For Acne: “19 year old male, 2 weeks past started using this along with doxycycline ,1st week was horrible, conditions now are slightly better than before, will stick to it and keep you guys updated.”

mp · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2019

For Acne: “Totally worked but didn’t like the process. I’m in week 5 of using it, and my acne is still getting worse (but not as much as in the beginning). I can clearly see a difference in my skin’s appearance. My skin got lighter, and pigmentation has diminished. Still have acne coming out in cystic form but those small annoying pimples that had been covering my whole face are now gone and my skin is smooth and shiny. The only problem are those 4-5 cystic pimples that come out at random places but I think that will come to an end soon. Totally recommend the try if you are brave enough to go through this.”

Coco November 28, 2019

For Acne: “trust me this stuff works and I learned the hard way so PLEASE READ. I started Retin-A for acne in the summer. My skin got red and I felt like it was just making it worse! So I stopped using it... wrong mistake! I went by to dermatologist 3 months after and she advised me to stick through it ( I wish she told me this at our first appointment, I has no idea there was something called the “purge”). Sooo fast forward to now my skin is great!!!! It really does work! It just takes time, and learn from my mistake you MUST STICK THROUGH THE PURGE!! It will get better. I regret having to start all over again, but my skin has never looked better”

Pear October 11, 2019

For Acne: “This medication Retin A has been a life changer for me. I was at an appointment and I was complaining about hormonal acne flares before my period. My doctor started telling me about what Retin-A had done for her hormonal acne. She has flawless skin! She said on top of clearing up those breakouts it would help with the aging I was starting to see. I've been on this for two months now and wow the results are amazing! I have zero breakouts and the fine lines and pores are shrinking. I will leave the house without makeup now. My complexion is glowing and even! My uneven skin and breakouts were a big source of embarrassment for me. I did have peeling but this was expected. I also had worsening of acne for a few weeks as my skin purged what was already building in the pores. I pushed through and I am so glad I did. When the dryness flares I skip a night of Retin-A and use a heavier moisturizer. I also use an oil free moisturizer every morning.”

Atreyu July 17, 2019

For Acne: “Been fighting adult cystic hormonal acne around 6 years, never would've thought it be basically cured after 2 weeks of Retin A along with doxycycline, haven't had the slightest of side effects and I stopped using a moisturizer a week in (I'm in Iraq and mail takes weeks). Although since I work 7pm to 7am sun exposure isn't an issue. 2 WEEKS FOR A 5 YEAR PROBLEM THOUGH, it's insane how quick this stuff works.”

Elly29 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

For Photoaging of the Skin: “Before I started using Retin A ,my face looked dull and tired . I had very sensitive skin and no cream would help my face look plump and moisturized. I had also some wrinkles becoming more prominent . I felt old and ugly although I am still young (turning 29) . After I started using it ,my face was red and sensitive for about 2 weeks, but now my skin adapted to it and it does not hurt anymore. I use a low strength for now but to get to the point. I look awesome and people are shocked when they hear I am 29 . My pores look are almost gone, my skin elasticity had improved a lot, my face looks plump and hydrated and most of all. It helped with my festoons a lot (I had severe festoons under my eyes.) This is a cream to die for and I totally recommend it. There's nothing better out there in my opinion ”

Eddie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

For Acne: “I was put on Ritin -A 0.5 gel to help manage my moderate acne. So far, I have been using this medication for about a month and 2 weeks and have noticed great results. At first I broke out more and my skin looked worse. But just a few weeks ago I noticed my skin start to really heal a lot. I use this in combination with cetaphil face wash. I do have some scarring from acne (mainly left over red marks ) and it really help with that. My skin texture is a lot smoother and more even. I have only had a few new pimples arrive since starting this medication. I continue to keep using it for a very long time to manage my acne and for its anti ageing benefits. If your curious about starting this medication, don’t be, I wish I started it years ago when I first got teenage acne.”

Mellie · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 5, 2019

For Acne: “I started using Retin-A about a year and a half ago. It's life changing. Just stick with it! It was hard the first month or so. My side effects were just extremely dry skin. Also lotion and makeup stung a bit in the beginning. I had mild acne but lots of scaring over the years and spots that made my skin look uneven. I also have fairly large pores all over my face. My pores look considerably smaller now and I hardly ever get a break out. If I do it heals fast. I still use it every night even though my skin looks good, just now mainly to continue to have nice looking skin and for its anti aging properties.”

T · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2019

For Acne: “In the first 3-4 weeks on Retin-A, it was horrible, I had horrible acne almost everywhere on my face especially on my cheeks and it's painful. But after 1 or 2 months, I noticed a big improvement on my face. Trust me, it's worth trying.”

Chrish · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

For Acne: “I have mild acne and started using Retin A 0.025%. I've been using the cream for about three weeks now and I didn't see much change in the first two weeks. I'm seeing much more improvement now. I still have a few small bumps and blackheads, but it's not as bad as before. My skin feels significantly smoother and softer than before so I'm excited to see how much more it will improve.”

N/A March 8, 2019

For Acne: “I'm in my early 20s and have been applying Retin-A gel once a night for over a year now. Before starting the gel I had what I would describe as moderate acne. During the first 6-8 months of Retin-A use I had the most severe acne of my life, all over my face. It was painful and so embarrassing to leave the house. Not to mention the horrific dry skin that would just flake off my face, no matter how much I moisturize. But I stuck with it as the dermatologist suggested, and now my acne is mostly under control. However, I would not say my acne now is any better than before I started Retin-A, and on top of that I now have deep, ugly scars on both sides of my face (not just a few... a LOT) from the severe acne. I have not had any acne scars in my life until now, and I have had moderate to heavy acne since I was 12. Now there a pit scars all across my cheeks. I have ruined my face by using Retin-A, and would have been exponentially better off if I had never used it in the first place.”

JenniferM · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2019

For Acne: “I started using Retin-A after switching my birth control pills to progesterone only due to severe migraines thought to be caused by estrogen. I am now 23 and never struggled this bad with acne. Before Retin-A I had a few cystic acne spots on my chin and jawline and small blemishes on my forehead, occasionally. After using Retin-A my face got way worse. The first week it caused my face to be red, flaky and BURN. This wasn't the typical burning feeling I would get from a topical acne cream. This was a burn that would hurt when I would step outside. It made the cystic acne spots really dry, red and very sore. I called my dermatologist and they said those are typical side effects and to mix my moisturizer with the Retin-A. This helped but didn't help enough. I went another 5+ weeks dealing with peeling, flaking, red, irritated, dry, sore skin. I finally decided to stop using it. The next day my skin was feeling a lot less sore and irritated. This was not the medication for me.”

Alexandra · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 17, 2018

For Acne: “I started using Retin-A .0025% about a two-three months ago. I’m 26 years old and have had terrible acne ever since I was a preteen. I was able to get the acne under control by drinking 72+ oz of water a day and switching to a plant based diet. However, this has left me with noticable scarring. Retin-A has helped so much with this. I read the reviews of everyone saying it dries out your skin. This is true. USE A MOISTURIZER! Moisturize day and night. This has helped me so much. I don’t even notice dry skin anymore. Also, stay hydrated. Drink lots of water.”