User Reviews for Retin-A

Learn more about Retin-A.

Photoaging of the Skin 5 reviews 10 medications

8.3
Acne 42 reviews 524 medications

8.2
Summary of Retin-A reviews 47 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Retin-A

For Acne "I've been using Retin-A for about a week now. If you have oily skin or experience breakouts every morning like me, I would definitely recommend this. I use the .01% dosage recommended by my doctor. They told me I may experience peeling of the skin. My skin has peeled in some spots, but it's not very noticeable. I removed the peeled skin by using baking soda and water(great exfoliant!) Skin varies by person. I've given up on every acne regimen and decided to see my doctor. I swear by this stuff. All my acne scars are fading and my skin has become significantly smoother."

CarlyP August 9, 2016

For Acne "I have posted early before about my 1st & 2nd week using Retin A 0.025 cream. My 3rd week was much better than my second week, some of my acne stared to calm down and my face felt less bumpy. During this week I started to use the cream 4 times a week because my cheeks were hurting. My 4th week was the most improvement. I started to use the cream every night again since my face had stop hurting. During the 4th week most of my pimples disappeared and my skin felt smoother, I still had some pimples popping up but not as much. Now my cheeks are pretty smooth with a couple pimples but my cheeks are really red from the scars that were left behind from the pimples. I'm hoping they will slowly fade later. Will keep updating!"

An.nym.us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

An0nym0us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2016

An0nym0us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2016

For Acne "(Female/moderate acne) I have suffered from acne since I was 12. This summer has been the worst for my face. I have acne all over my forehead and my cheeks. In the beginning of the summer I had small tiny bumps all over my forehead and my cheeks, that later became bigger. I've used many, many products on my face that worked quite a bit to not working at all. Then in the beginning to July I started using Retin-A 0.025 cream. The first week showed great results on my forehead my forehead is now clear, but my cheeks became worse. This second week that I am currently in is what I guess is the purge, my cheeks are entirely red and covered in acne. I don't want to go outside and my cheeks really hurt. Will keep updating, Not losing hope."

An0nym0us July 21, 2016

For Acne "Retin a cream is tropical treatment for acne and scars, i use retin a cream 0.05% srom last 3 months that cream suits on my face and now face is glowing"

mydrugpill (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2016

For Acne "Got on retinol because of acne scars. I was hesitant in the beginning because everyone complains about how it makes acne worse before it gets better. My advice to you is start out slowly and allow your skin to adjust. I started off with using it once a week..and gradually moved on to 3 times and I have not experienced purging.Also my skins pretty smooth and my scars are fading. Another thing...just use vaseline as a moisturizer...why should you bother your skin with extra chemicals? Also be wary of doctors who just hand you the retinol with no proper instructions. I researched extensively before buying the product and to my surprise the doctor couldn't even advise that only a pea-size amount is to be used. Patience pays people :)"

Apple97 July 13, 2016

For Acne "I never ever had an issue with acne in my life until I started working after college (I correlate it with the crazy stress at work). So, I started using 0.25% Retin A about a year ago. A couple months in, I wasn't seeing the results I wanted; still breaking out, skin flaking. I emailed my doctor and asked for the 0.5% strength... big mistake. I used that for about three months and my skin could not tolerate it AT ALL. Regardless, I wasn't about to give up totally on Retin A! So I went back to using the 0.25% and FINALLY got the results I've expected all along. I always get comments now on how clear and "fresh" my skin looks. Retin A (especially with a clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide cream) was a miracle for my skin. No pimples.. ever!"

2016Darling July 1, 2016

For Acne "This product is amazing. I'm 19 years old and after going on the pill my acne became terrible. I got cysts all over my cheeks and chin that left terrible scarring and I continued to break out constantly. My doctor prescribed Retin-A and I was a little apprehensive at first because some people were saying that it made their acne worse. But I was so sick of looking at the scars on my face and I had tried everything to fade them and nothing did. So I started using Retin-A and it worked right away. I've been using it for two weeks and some of my scars are completely gone and others continue to fade. I also haven't broken out at all since I started using it. I wish I had found it sooner because it's truly wonderful."

Anonymous May 25, 2016

For Acne "I've dealt with moderate acne since I was roughly 12 years old. I've tried just about every acne treatment out there with no prevail. When I started my Retin-A (0.025) treatment 5 months ago I became really discouraged by my skins immediate discolouration, mostly red, and the flakiness it created. I came close a couple times to giving up, especially when my skin wasn't clearing up and how sore I was some days from the continuous use. But this past month has been the turn around. I feel I am finally out of the so called 'purge' and my skin is becoming clear and smooth like it has been in past for short stints. The best advice I can give any user is to have patience. It's not an overnight fix, but the long term results are worth it."

samkkamuel May 17, 2016

For Acne "My experience with Retin-A has been a life saver! I have used it for at least 20 years. It has helped with my acne problems over time... But it also helped soften & vanish much scarring. I was also amazed at how fast it would help my lesions heal. It was recommended to me years ago by a dermatologist along with an Aqua Glycolic face wash. ( you get over the counter at the pharmacy only). My only complaint is how the price just went way up.... I was paying $33 and I went to pick up my prescription the other day and it went up to $79! And that was With a Pharmacy coupon. EEeek! I will continue to buy it... It saved my life!!"

CRJ March 22, 2016

For Acne "My 10 year old daughter started experiencing acne very suddenly and was getting teased at school. I took her to the dr who prescribed Retin A .025%. After a month there was not much improvement so she also started doxycycline. A month later we started noticing significant improvement. Now it's been 2 1/2 months on the retin A and about six weeks on the doxycycline and she is so happy, as am I. She still gets pimples here and there, but the huge patches of acne on her forehead and cheeks are gone. Her face is sensitive to the sun and gets red at times, but we will take the pink cheeks over the acne any day!! My advice is to be patient. It gets worse before it gets better!"

Sad Mom in CA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

For Acne "I've suffered from acne since I was about 12 years old and I've had to deal with it straight up until college. Over the years I tried countless acne products, but nothing worked for me and I became really discouraged. Luckily, I was recently prescribed the Retin A Cream 0.05% by my dermatologist and my skin is thriving! My blemishes has cleared up so much, it is mindboggling. I can't tell you how much this cream has helped my skin. It's been like a blessing. When I first started using it, I was skeptical because I didn't see any results, but keep using. Don't become discouraged! It works. If it worked for me, someone who has struggled with acne for half of her life, it will work for you."

HumbleSoul (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2016

For Acne "2or3 months ago I did a review for this product. It starts off around me saying that "I'm 18 years old and started using retin a for 6 weeks or so." So this is an update... I'm into my 5th month and WOW! My skin is so much clearer. Trust me no one likes acne I've gone through it. But this cream has been helping me so much. The purging sucks! Whiteheads show up but don't give up on it. After 1 month you'll see a difference. When I started I had red blemishes on my cheeks and now it's long gone. Just some marks here and there. I still get pimples here and there but not as much as I used to. This product is the best I'm so happy using retin a. I recommend washing face morning and night(Cetaphil Soap). Take antibiotic. Mine is (minocycline50)"

Annoymousss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2016

For Acne "I highly recommend this product to anyone suffering from acne! I started breaking out very badly and I was out on this cream by my dermatologist and I am so happy with the results its only been 5 days that I started using it and I am very happy with the results so far!"

rosaaa December 10, 2015

For Acne "For me, it got worse before it got better. And it got a lot BETTER! I was prescribed Retin-A by my dermatologist back in July, and have been using it as directed for 4 months already. I%u2019ll say, it was very difficult to believe in this product since the first couple of weeks because my skin would just not catch a break. It got really bad and I was miserable. However, I now attest to the true wonders this stuff can do for you if you%u2019re patient."

GEE91 December 3, 2015

For Acne "So I started with this 2 weeks ago and it SUCKS. I have had maybe one big pimple on a cheek per month or two, and a little around other parts of my face, but now I have full fledge acne on my cheeks and jawline. This is terrible!"

Theman32 November 22, 2015

For Acne "I'm 16 years old. I'm a boy who suffers moderate acne. I have blemishes of previous acne. The down side is that I'm really white. I've been on retin a since september 1st. I'm on week 5 or 6 but my face is getting better. Acne decreasing much more. I still have the red blemishes and marks on my cheeks but I'm excited to see the result people say they see in 3-6 months. I'm prescribed clindamycin phosphate and antibiotic pills with cetaphil wash. I use retin a at night and then moisterize 30minutes after then apply clinda. when I go to sleep. So stick to this cream the white heads and stuff will suck but my acne bumps/marks are slowly disappearing even though they are still visible. Can't wait till I can clear up an feel happy"

Nickname? October 17, 2015

For Acne "Retin-A is a life-changer. I struggled with moderate acne from about age 12. I tried Differin in high school, with some minor success, but still got plenty of breakouts and my skin was dull. I went to the doctor and got Retin-A about 2 years ago, and it is a miracle product. My skin is beautiful. I routinely get compliments on my skin from friends and family, and can name multiple instances in which perfect strangers have told me that I have stunning skin. My skin is smooth and seems to glow. A plus is that Retin-A prevents wrinkles, so now that I'm in my twenties and preparing to see my first fine lines, I am happy to have that added benefit. TIP: Give this stuff 6 months to work. I almost gave up and am glad I held out."

Lovemycottage September 20, 2015

For Acne "My skin was at it's worst in my prime adulthood age, so I decided to try retin-a. I've been using the 0.025% Retin-A gel for 2 months now. I didn't have the initial "purge" that most talk about, however, I believe it's because I was prescribed the gel vs. cream. Anyways, I over did it the first week by not following doctors orders and applying daily right of the bat. Don't, haha. My skin got so dry and flaky that I even burn my chin on my bed while sleeping from my skin being so thin. After that initial scare, I followed my doctors instructions and gradually worked up to every night use. Best skin in years. Try it, it works! Just don't forget to moisturize a lot. Sunscreen when you go out! Don't overdo it like I did."

Seattleguy September 8, 2015

For Acne "Hi, I just started my Retin A experience. I know it will end well because the reviews are really good. Well, I can't say it is a miracle product because I am in the "purge" at the moment. You say it will return to smooth acne free skin in a few months? Can't wait! I have been using Acne.org's routie for about a year and it really did work. However, it is time for a permanent solution. My mom said she started Retin A when she was a few years older than me. I am 18. I am on 0.025 Treitonin cream. I apply at night and a little extra dab on new pimples. My mom gave me some pointers: BE SURE to wait 20 mins after you wash your face before you apply. Always wear sunscreen during the day. I like the Babo Zinc block. Apply on neck too."

JMaeJones (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Acne "I have been on tretinoin 0.025 for about 5 days and I've broken out so bad I have lots of little bumps by my nose is that normal"

Meme4162 August 20, 2015

For Acne "i have a very sensitive and oily skin. whenever i go under the sun and or get dirt on my face i just got acnes by that day and once it stats appearing it just breaks out vulnerably leaving extreme bad scars on my face. i was just looking for my perfect products everywhere. i used a lot of things for this but finally i went to a dermatologist and he suggested me to use duac gel twice a day, retin A cream at night over spot and blemishes and suggested acne aid liquid cleanser. i just started using it for 4 days and i just felt the quick changes on my skin. my scars were getting light and all the new born pimples were just faded with my skin. it is really an excellent spot treatment and reliable drug. please have it once. greatly recommended."

lvy dola August 6, 2015

For Acne "I wanted to take the time to write a review in the hopes to give at least one person the self confidence boost they need to keep going with Retin-A. I've been waiting for the day I get to write my own review. I officially started using Retin- A .25 just under 4 months ago today. My first day was 3 weeks before my birthday. I remember contacting my Dermo in advance with a million questions and mostly the fear of going through THE PURGE during this busy time filled with celebrations, events, etc. I thankfully, made the gamble and started! I decided it was always be... I'll start next week, next month. Let's be real, when is there ever a good time for acne?! I can only describe the last 4 months as a roller coaster. There will be good days. There will be days you hide inside. At some points I thought I was done purging, then it would come back. IT TAKES TIME. Painful cysts too, that do not go away. I would rather have 20 white head pimples all over than 1 deep painful cyst on my face! It was the most challenging thing I've gone through. It will test your patience. To the point of tears, and why me's! At one point I scheduled an emergency Dermo appt to receive Cortizon injections on 3 cysts that were almost the size of dimes!! I couldn't take it anymore. This was 2.5 months. He sat me down and said it takes 3-4 months for results to be reached and you will hate your dermo for that time and gave me the push to continue to go forward. Here's the good news! I am at my 4 month mark, and I have never been more happy. I haven't had a break out in 1.5 weeks. I don't know the last time I've been able to say that. I can take on the CALI summer and not feel like I'm hiding. My biggest advise is be strong! Tell yourself everyday, it's only 4 months of the rest of your life. Get past the 4-5 month mark and it will all be worth it! The past will be a blur! Good luck and you can do it!"

Cali lady June 23, 2015

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "Retin-A is great. It helps a lot. It was september 2014 when I decided to go to a dermatologist. She recommended Glycolic Soap (Use night and day), Clarifying Toner in the morning, Clindamycin (night and day), RA Gel every night, and Skinlite cream in the morning for the scars. Last march 2015, My face is already smooth. People were saying that it looks great. Now it's June 2015 and I'm still using RA Gel and Clindamycin, just to maintain my skin. Reminder: Please when you start using RA Gel, do not stop. The pimples will come back... Worse!"

I WAS June 11, 2015