User Reviews for Retin-A

Acne
8.3

Summary of Retin-A reviews 8.4 58 reviews

Reviews for Retin-A

For Photoaging of the Skin "37/f here...I have used retinol on and off since I was a teenager and got into my mom's supply. I looked like I got a terrible sunburn the first time I used it on my teenage face. The first few weeks/months are hard but it helps if you ease into it and only use it every other night or every two nights, or even once a week, then increase the frequency as your skin gets acclimated to it. I am often complemented on my skin and am mistaken as being at least ten years younger than I am. I recently had a baby and used some on my stretch marks and c section scar and the stretch marks are practically gone five months later with use only once a week. Retinol has been a godsend for me."

LA June 24, 2018

For Acne "I have used Retin-A .01% Cream for acne for the past 20 years. I find it to be very therapeutic to my skin. Recently my doctor switched me to the gel and its incredible the way it feels. It is not tacky or greasy. Its a very greaseless lightweight gel. There is a little bit more alcohol in the gels than cream but overall it feels great on my skin and is keeping the Acne at bay. I highly recommend this gel, or even the creams for acne but you have to know how to use it. Speak to your doctor if you have any questions and do exactly what he says. Your skin needs to get used to the strongest strength of them all to treat the acne. Its a wonderful, wonderful product."

GV June 6, 2018

For Acne "32-year old female. I'd been on Acanya (benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin) for about 3 years before it stopped working very suddenly. Like, one day my skin was clear, and the next, I had breakouts on my chin and cheeks again. Anyway, I'd ordered a tube of 0.05% Retin-A online a while ago and used to use it as a spot treatment, which worked , for a bit. I think that was too strong for me. Just starting PRESCRIBED 0.025% Retin-A and, the morning after use on my entire face, my skin was less inflamed. I noticed 2 new pimples surfaced, but they were easily extracted. I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and then a toner + moisturizer in the mornings. Cetaphil cleanser - wait 20 mins - Retin-A - wait 20 mins - and neutrogena hydro boost moisturizer at night. I have noticed some blemishes come to the surface and minor peeling. But, my general skin tone looks so much better than when I was using the Acanya, despite those two drawbacks. Will keep using and see what the long-term results looks like!"

JustMyStory May 25, 2018

For Acne "I am a 72 year old woman who has been using Retin-A for thirty-four years. I started using it because I had adult acne at the same time my teenage son had acne. I routinely am mistaken for being twenty years younger than I am. I have very few wrinkles. My skin still has dry patches occasionally but they are short lived. I have tried to get several people to use it but they always get discouraged with the redness and peeling in the beginning. This phase does not last forever. Please continue to use it, you will never be sorry."

DDF (taken for 10 years or more) April 30, 2018

For Acne "Hey guys!! I started using retin-a 0.1% two years back but within a month my skin became very dry i stopped using it though there was no other side effects. But after reading comments here I got inspired and got courage to use it again. So I have started to use it again and hoping that it will work for me as well. I'll leave an update my experience soon.."

Tirti January 25, 2018

For Acne "I have been using Retin-A along with the oral antibiotic Clindamycin for 4 months now. I am 20 and have had severe cystic acne since I was 11. I also had a lot of hyper-pigmentation and scarring, to the point where my face was always bright red and bumpy. In just 4 months my face has completely cleared up and smoothed out, it is visibly brighter. The hyperpigmentation is lightening significantly at this point, a few small pimples or blackheads occasionally but mostly clear! The only other product I use is witch hazel as a toner and an oil free moisturizer."

Cheyenne Noel January 21, 2018

For Acne "I was on accutane (isotretinoin) from December 2015 to July 2016. I had severe acne all over my face, chest, back, and shoulders. Post-accutane my skin was clear as water and I got so many compliments on my skin. My skin was clear and I never got one pimple until mid April 2017 I noticed pimples reappearing on my skin. I got in touch with my derm and she prescribed me tretinoin 0.025% and a face wash- sodium sulfacetamide with salycic acid. I am now on 0.05% and I have been on the gel for a little over 8 weeks. I have seen significant improvement since I started and I did experience about a month and a half of initial breakout. I highly recommend this gel and don't give up! It takes time and my skin is still clearing up. Patience!!!!!"

Alexandra mae (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

For Acne "I have always had acne from in my early teens but just a few pimples now an again. I am now 23, I have relocated to the north coast where I started experiencing terrible breakout it started with rash then small pimples then a disaster. In 2016 I went to my dermatologist who prescribed retin A 0.05% 2 days after using the product I started having unbearable burning when using anything on my face be it water, cleanser or moisturize it just burned like crazy and my acne got worst to the point where people asking me what was wrong with my face, so about two weeks in I stopped using the product. Five days ago which is almost one year after I decided to give it another try and so far there is no burning and no new breakouts"

Jamaican girl (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

For Acne "I've read so many reviews about retin-a being amazing and working almost immediately, but I have been using this gel for about 7 weeks and my skin is still so much worse than before I started using it! I broke out in deep, painful acne almost immediately and it still hasn't gone away. Breakouts all over my face and my skin is red and very very noticeably dry and peeling. Hoping it will start to work soon, I'm getting pretty discouraged that it's taking so long! :("

dancer-123 February 10, 2017

For Acne "Well, it's all hasn't been fun and games when it comes to my acne. I'm a light skinned African dude of 25 and I have had acne since I was 17. Pretty long time huh? I know. It all started as some pretty rash that got me obsessed. I've used pretty much everything except surgery; and I never went to a physician for it. All over-the-counter topical application and I touch my face pretty much all the time. It's not easy when a handsome guy gets his confidence slowly stripped everyday for almost a decade. Lol It got worse this past month (like my pimples joined up x-men and became mutants!) and I was forced to see a physician. Retin-A to the rescue. Retin-A and Doxycycline capsules. Just 2 weeks in and I can tell I've found the cure for acne!"

Nikolai (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

For Photoaging of the Skin "Definitely recommend Retin-A Tretinoin cream for aging skin, firstly recommend to use low-tretinoin consistency 0.025% and after go deeper with 0.05% and 0.1% creams and gels. My skin became more youthful, without pigmentation, brighter, wrinkles and fine lines became less visible and its only within first 2 months of usage, i'm pretty impressed! Thanks okdermo.com! Will use it all my life, would recommend it to everyone who have signs of aging, wrinkles, color fading, discoloration etc problems. Angela"

AngelaSymon (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

For Acne "I've been using Retin-A for about a week now. If you have oily skin or experience breakouts every morning like me, I would definitely recommend this. I use the .01% dosage recommended by my doctor. They told me I may experience peeling of the skin. My skin has peeled in some spots, but it's not very noticeable. I removed the peeled skin by using baking soda and water(great exfoliant!) Skin varies by person. I've given up on every acne regimen and decided to see my doctor. I swear by this stuff. All my acne scars are fading and my skin has become significantly smoother."

CarlyP August 9, 2016

For Acne "I have posted early before about my 1st & 2nd week using Retin A 0.025 cream. My 3rd week was much better than my second week, some of my acne stared to calm down and my face felt less bumpy. During this week I started to use the cream 4 times a week because my cheeks were hurting. My 4th week was the most improvement. I started to use the cream every night again since my face had stop hurting. During the 4th week most of my pimples disappeared and my skin felt smoother, I still had some pimples popping up but not as much. Now my cheeks are pretty smooth with a couple pimples but my cheeks are really red from the scars that were left behind from the pimples. I'm hoping they will slowly fade later. Will keep updating!"

An.nym.us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2016

An0nym0us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2016

An0nym0us (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2016

For Acne "(Female/moderate acne) I have suffered from acne since I was 12. This summer has been the worst for my face. I have acne all over my forehead and my cheeks. In the beginning of the summer I had small tiny bumps all over my forehead and my cheeks, that later became bigger. I've used many, many products on my face that worked quite a bit to not working at all. Then in the beginning to July I started using Retin-A 0.025 cream. The first week showed great results on my forehead my forehead is now clear, but my cheeks became worse. This second week that I am currently in is what I guess is the purge, my cheeks are entirely red and covered in acne. I don't want to go outside and my cheeks really hurt. Will keep updating, Not losing hope."

An0nym0us July 21, 2016

For Acne "Retin a cream is tropical treatment for acne and scars, i use retin a cream 0.05% srom last 3 months that cream suits on my face and now face is glowing"

mydrugpill (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2016

For Acne "Got on retinol because of acne scars. I was hesitant in the beginning because everyone complains about how it makes acne worse before it gets better. My advice to you is start out slowly and allow your skin to adjust. I started off with using it once a week..and gradually moved on to 3 times and I have not experienced purging.Also my skins pretty smooth and my scars are fading. Another thing...just use vaseline as a moisturizer...why should you bother your skin with extra chemicals? Also be wary of doctors who just hand you the retinol with no proper instructions. I researched extensively before buying the product and to my surprise the doctor couldn't even advise that only a pea-size amount is to be used. Patience pays people :)"

Apple97 July 13, 2016

For Acne "I never ever had an issue with acne in my life until I started working after college (I correlate it with the crazy stress at work). So, I started using 0.25% Retin A about a year ago. A couple months in, I wasn't seeing the results I wanted; still breaking out, skin flaking. I emailed my doctor and asked for the 0.5% strength... big mistake. I used that for about three months and my skin could not tolerate it AT ALL. Regardless, I wasn't about to give up totally on Retin A! So I went back to using the 0.25% and FINALLY got the results I've expected all along. I always get comments now on how clear and "fresh" my skin looks. Retin A (especially with a clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide cream) was a miracle for my skin. No pimples.. ever!"

2016Darling July 1, 2016

For Acne "This product is amazing. I'm 19 years old and after going on the pill my acne became terrible. I got cysts all over my cheeks and chin that left terrible scarring and I continued to break out constantly. My doctor prescribed Retin-A and I was a little apprehensive at first because some people were saying that it made their acne worse. But I was so sick of looking at the scars on my face and I had tried everything to fade them and nothing did. So I started using Retin-A and it worked right away. I've been using it for two weeks and some of my scars are completely gone and others continue to fade. I also haven't broken out at all since I started using it. I wish I had found it sooner because it's truly wonderful."

Anonymous May 25, 2016

For Acne "I've dealt with moderate acne since I was roughly 12 years old. I've tried just about every acne treatment out there with no prevail. When I started my Retin-A (0.025) treatment 5 months ago I became really discouraged by my skins immediate discolouration, mostly red, and the flakiness it created. I came close a couple times to giving up, especially when my skin wasn't clearing up and how sore I was some days from the continuous use. But this past month has been the turn around. I feel I am finally out of the so called 'purge' and my skin is becoming clear and smooth like it has been in past for short stints. The best advice I can give any user is to have patience. It's not an overnight fix, but the long term results are worth it."

samkkamuel May 17, 2016

For Acne "My experience with Retin-A has been a life saver! I have used it for at least 20 years. It has helped with my acne problems over time... But it also helped soften & vanish much scarring. I was also amazed at how fast it would help my lesions heal. It was recommended to me years ago by a dermatologist along with an Aqua Glycolic face wash. ( you get over the counter at the pharmacy only). My only complaint is how the price just went way up.... I was paying $33 and I went to pick up my prescription the other day and it went up to $79! And that was With a Pharmacy coupon. EEeek! I will continue to buy it... It saved my life!!"

CRJ March 22, 2016

For Acne "My 10 year old daughter started experiencing acne very suddenly and was getting teased at school. I took her to the dr who prescribed Retin A .025%. After a month there was not much improvement so she also started doxycycline. A month later we started noticing significant improvement. Now it's been 2 1/2 months on the retin A and about six weeks on the doxycycline and she is so happy, as am I. She still gets pimples here and there, but the huge patches of acne on her forehead and cheeks are gone. Her face is sensitive to the sun and gets red at times, but we will take the pink cheeks over the acne any day!! My advice is to be patient. It gets worse before it gets better!"

Sad Mom in CA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

For Acne "I've suffered from acne since I was about 12 years old and I've had to deal with it straight up until college. Over the years I tried countless acne products, but nothing worked for me and I became really discouraged. Luckily, I was recently prescribed the Retin A Cream 0.05% by my dermatologist and my skin is thriving! My blemishes has cleared up so much, it is mindboggling. I can't tell you how much this cream has helped my skin. It's been like a blessing. When I first started using it, I was skeptical because I didn't see any results, but keep using. Don't become discouraged! It works. If it worked for me, someone who has struggled with acne for half of her life, it will work for you."

HumbleSoul (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2016

For Acne "2or3 months ago I did a review for this product. It starts off around me saying that "I'm 18 years old and started using retin a for 6 weeks or so." So this is an update... I'm into my 5th month and WOW! My skin is so much clearer. Trust me no one likes acne I've gone through it. But this cream has been helping me so much. The purging sucks! Whiteheads show up but don't give up on it. After 1 month you'll see a difference. When I started I had red blemishes on my cheeks and now it's long gone. Just some marks here and there. I still get pimples here and there but not as much as I used to. This product is the best I'm so happy using retin a. I recommend washing face morning and night(Cetaphil Soap). Take antibiotic. Mine is (minocycline50)"

Annoymousss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2016