User Reviews for Retin-A to treat Photoaging of the Skin

Retin-A Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Photoaging of the Skin.

Reviews for Retin-A

"I'm Asian and I stay in a tropical country. This product was widely introduced here when I was in my teens and I was quick to use it since it was highly recommended by the big name dermatologists of that time. I had problematic skin back then and it was recommended by my own dermatologist. I was fourteen then. Now, I'm 41 and I'm often told I look younger. Even if I'm a male professional, that still matters a lot! I could still remember temporarily stopping for less than a year cause I'd have spells of temporary severe dry skin and, once, eczema, but I jump on to it once my skin has stabilized. Of course, good skin maintenance does help and seeking professional help if something does not seem ok is best, but I would say this product works. Start while you're young (best if you can start with some professional help!)."

Male Vanity (taken for 10 years or more) December 9, 2018

"I began using Retin A 0.01% approximately 2 months ago. I have dark spots left from what doctors claim is atopic dermatitis coupled with hyper eczemas when I was younger. I have had these marks for over 20 years. I no longer suffer from breakouts however I do have the marks (front and back thighs). I started by specifically treating them spot by spot, rather applying to the entire area. Recently my husband disclosed that he is having a "hard time" actually seeing the marks to apply the cream, they have lightened up but I am not totally clear yet... I am on my second tube. When I complete this one, my intention is to increase to the .5 strength and observe those results. Will advise probably in another 2 months time. What I can say with certainty is that is works, faster for some than others... but it works, consistency is key."

Trinigirl868 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

"37/f here...I have used retinol on and off since I was a teenager and got into my mom's supply. I looked like I got a terrible sunburn the first time I used it on my teenage face. The first few weeks/months are hard but it helps if you ease into it and only use it every other night or every two nights, or even once a week, then increase the frequency as your skin gets acclimated to it. I am often complemented on my skin and am mistaken as being at least ten years younger than I am. I recently had a baby and used some on my stretch marks and c section scar and the stretch marks are practically gone five months later with use only once a week. Retinol has been a godsend for me."

LA June 24, 2018

"Definitely recommend Retin-A Tretinoin cream for aging skin, firstly recommend to use low-tretinoin consistency 0.025% and after go deeper with 0.05% and 0.1% creams and gels. My skin became more youthful, without pigmentation, brighter, wrinkles and fine lines became less visible and its only within first 2 months of usage, i'm pretty impressed! Thanks okdermo.com! Will use it all my life, would recommend it to everyone who have signs of aging, wrinkles, color fading, discoloration etc problems. Angela"

AngelaSymon (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

"Been using Retin A for over 10 years, for photo aging and acne. I'm 51 and routinely am told I look like my 33 yo daughter & I could be sisters. I'm also a sunscreen fanatic & I believe that's the key to maintaining your results. This product truly does work. You have to be patient and practice overall good skin care - but this works."

98hondadawn (taken for 10 years or more) December 6, 2014

"I'm using Retin-a 0.025 gel version of tretinoin. My review is more of an encouragement rather than full review. My full review will happen after at least a year of usage. Current usage - 2 months. So, you see, within 2 months of usage already deserves a 8 score rating from me. I could easily give it higher but I rather wait for my full review. Now, I have read many of what the users said here and on the Internet. It will be best for new users not to pay too much attention of users below 2 months of usage. Because all you hear is pain, breakout, worries and eventually the key way they use = give up. It's your choice. But please read those who have actually used tretinoin for at least 6 months. "

AG12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2013

"Great."

Anonymous February 15, 2013

"This medication may be great for those struggling with extreme oiliness and acne, but it actually caused me to break out! I wanted the benefits of it's ability to help strengthen collagen and help with evening out skin tone etc... but I got overly dry super sensitive acne ridden skin instead. I recently waxed areas of my face that needed it, even after not using the product a couple of days and I was bleeding! I've never had this problem before. My skin has always been very resilient and able to handle most anything. But it doesn't seem to agree with this product. I will have to find a different approach to maintaining my youth."

FrannyLou November 28, 2011

"I've been using Retin-A for two months. I was concerned about some mild signs of photoaging of the skin (surface wrinkles, uneven texture), blackheads on my nose and enlarged pores. Retin-A has done wonders for my skin: it's texture is more even and although the blackheads and enlarged pores aren't completely gone, they've improved considerably. If you have these concerns, I definitely recommend using this product - but you have to be patient."

leonorsousa August 7, 2009