User Reviews for Atralin

Photoaging of the Skin
9.7

Reviews for Atralin

Laney1 September 10, 2017

For Acne: “I have struggled with Acne since puberty. I started using Atralin in my 40's. This has been the only product to ever get my acne under control. So nice to be free from worry. Go to the beach, work out, wear no make up sometimes! I wish this was around when I was younger and perhaps would of avoided so much scaring. For me my scars are really all over except my face so I did luck out with that. Also it makes skin smoother and skin look younger. Cost has gone now which is a plus ,used to be very expensive when it first came out. If I stop it acne always comes back. So I have to use it every night. I combine it with another acne lotion from my dermatologist. I have light sensitive skin and it does not irritate it like other products.”

Royallyjulie September 1, 2016

For Acne: “Absolutely amazing product!!!!!! My face looked like a 14 year old boy's does when he is going through puberty. I began putting Atralin on nightly along with taking an PRObiotic (instead of taking an ANTIbiotic which is soooo bad for your gut) and my face did appear to be worse during the first week and a half but then all of a sudden it began clearing up sooo quickly!!!! I've been using it a little less than a month and still get a few pimples but it is so much better. Can't wait to see how it works within the next 3 months! I already see fine lines and acne scars improving!!!! AMAZING!”

Halz123 · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2016

For Acne: “I had clear skin up until about age 18 when I went on birth control and my skin got pretty out of control. I'm 20 now and finally went to the doctor. They gave me Atralin and 14 days of 100mg doxycycline once daily. I've been using Atralin for about 2-3 weeks now, I started seeing results immediately. My skin did get a little dry and flaky, but finding a good moisturizer really helped that. I quit using Atralin for about a week after getting really sick and I did break out with some whiteheads once I started applying it again. Those went away pretty quickly though. This stuff is AMAZING. I look forward to using it every night and I don't get upset when I look in the mirror anymore! Definitely recommend this! I love it!!”

Anonymous May 13, 2012

For Photoaging of the Skin: “I began using this as an anti-aging method along with Obagi Hydroquinone for dark spots. At first I used it every night but almost immediately my skin dried up. It was embarrassing and felt uncomfortable. I went down to using it every two nights (so Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday for example) and within two days my skin returned almost to normal. There is still a tiny bit of flaking, a healthy amount. And I have to say the skin that's left looks amazing-so smooth. Other than the dark shadows under my eyes, for the first time in a long time I feel I could go with little to no makeup. This product works fast.”

Masha7 November 10, 2014

For Acne: “Amazing! It was very difficult at first -- had a lot of peeling, dryness, and breakouts but I stuck it out. After about 4-5 months I starting seeing a major improvement and now my skin is very smooth. Not only does it take care of acne but it smooths out fine lines. Great product, highly recommend. Try to stay patient through the first couple of months.”

Sammieee July 10, 2013

For Acne: “I had pretty mild acne in high school but nothing more than a few pimples that I could treat with over the counter medication. I went on birth control and my skin got out of control. I went to college with the absolute worst acne I have ever seen. My face was literally covered and I picked at it all the time. It was a mess. I was prescribed Atralin at night and Acanya in the morning. My skin started clearing up in about a month and within two months it was about 50% better. After about 3-4 months on the product my skin made a complete turn around and my marks are faded. Thank God for this skin care regime. I can finally go outside without make up and I am so much more confident. ”

Alix l August 4, 2008

For Acne: “My skin is very sensitive and I have gone through countless topical creams and gels over the past few years. Atralin is one of the few solutions that did not hurt my skin. It also cleared it up very well and I have only been using it for a few weeks now. ”

LChez October 21, 2013

For Acne: “Atralin is an amazing ointment for acne prone, sensitive skin. I got a prescription for the topical gel because I was having mild to moderate breakouts and had acne scarring that had occurred before I went on Accutane. My skin is very sensitive, so I needed a mild gel. Every night I put a pea sized amount into my palm, mixed it with a small amount of my facial night cream, dabbed bits of the mixture all over my face and neck and then applied my night cream as usual. At first I was discouraged because I was very consistent with my regime and did not see results for many weeks. Then, after about three months of daily use, my acne and acne scarring began to clear up dramatically. I have not had a blemish in months!”

anita from Montana August 16, 2009

For Photoaging of the Skin: “Atralin has a really nice consistency, seems to be mildly moisturizing, and didn't irritate my skin, perhaps because I'd been using a much milder tretinoin compound already. I love the improved texture of my skin after nine months of use. Rather than irritating my rosacea (I'm 51 years old), it speeds up the sloughing that I experience so that the episodes are shorter. My doctor and I discovered years ago that adding a tretinoin compound improved the results from using the rosacea product. Incredibly expensive but worth it.”

Anonymous May 17, 2009

For Acne: “Never had acne but started breaking out in my Mid-20's. I was put on benzaclin which helped heal faster but wasn't really preventing anything. I was really hesitant to go on any tretinoin cream because of the dreaded 'it gets worse before it gets better'. My dermatologist insisted this gel is very gentle and most people actually don't have an initial breakout from this. I trusted him and decided to start using it. It was the best decision I made. I never had an initial breakout, only some peeling for the first few weeks until my skin got used to it. I have been on it for 5 months now and probably only have had one or 2 pimples since then, and they go away within a day or two now.”

Dreamgirl79 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2014

For Acne: “I have never written a review about a product until now! I'm a 34 year old female & started getting chin acne in my late twenties- nothing helped, I tried everything from Proactiv to Tretonion to antibiotics! About 4 months ago my dermatologist put me on Atralin & oh my what a difference in 4 months! I even go without makeup now! I never get a pimple now it's wonderful & it makes my skin look Dewey & hydrated not dried out & flakey as with the Tretonion I tried. Highly recommend Atralin!”

Anonymous December 31, 2010

For Acne: “I am 39 yrs old, experiencing hormonal acne along the jaw line and T zone. As others noted I used Acanya and Atralin together experiencing excellent results. I now just use Atralin (and have for a year). I love it. I think it helps fade my melasma too. I also take a vitamin called Herpanacine. I has helped tremendously with my body acne, which is nearly impossible to fight without a horrible pill. It is natural, no side affects and really really works. I wish I had known about it earlier in life, would have saved me some heartache...which is why I want to share.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2012

For Acne: “I experienced a really bad stress breakout on my face, chest and back. I was on an antibiotic for a bit and it did nothing. I finally saw a dermatologist and she prescribed me Atralin. After about two weeks of consistent use, I started seeing results. I now have been using it for about 6 months and am so happy with the results. It cleared up the acne on my back permanently, and I went from having big cysts on my face to now only a few blackheads once in awhile, and I don't use it everyday anymore. My chest was the worst, and it cleared up cysts that I had struggled with for MONTHS, and even helped to lighten the red marks they left behind, although they are still somewhat visible. Overall I really liked this product.”

Anonymous August 27, 2011

For Acne: “I had very good skin up until I hit 20 years old and I started having breakouts, not anything major. But I would get a few on my forehead and chin and I hated them! I had tried everything so finally I went to my dermatologist and she recommended Atralin gel and Aczone for pimples that rise. I can not say more about how much I LOVE Atralin gel! It is absolutely amazing. The first week, I broke out badly due to it bringing everything to the surface but I have been using it for the past month and my face is spotless and so clear! I love this gel and will never use anything else. The only cons is a little mild peeling but just reduce your usage and you will be fun. TWO THUMBS UP!”

Anonymous September 27, 2011

For Acne: “If you're suffering with acne, please go see a dermatologist! I wish I started going to a dermatologist when I first started getting horrible breakouts (the age of 9). I'm currently 20. I took my first trip to the dermatologist about two or three weeks ago. I was prescribed Sumaxin wash, Acanya morning cream, Atralin night cream, and an oral medication but I forgot the name. My forehead is amazingly soft AND clear, and the deep scarring is going away in my cheeks, as well as the acne. I recommend these products to anyone and everyone suffering with acne. Great for people with sensitive skin. ”

Caring mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2013

For Acne: “My 15 yr old son had moderate acne, mainly forehead, neck, and around his mouth. The dermatologist prescribed Atralin, as well as minocycline. These are working, but it really took awhile to see the results, about 3 1/2 months! It's not totally cleared, but looks much less inflamed, and he doesn't have as many breakouts. He also is a major athlete, so perspiration plays a big part too I'm sure! So my advice is be very patient, and give the medicine a good amount of time, it also does get a little worse before it gets better!”

Anonymous May 6, 2010

For Acne: “I love this product. It really cleared my skin up and it looks smooth and makeup goes on so nice. Some comments talk about how their skin got worse...of coarse it did but only at first. The doctor told me it brings everything to the surface and clears out everything so of course it got worse before it got better. My skin looks great. This medicine rocks!”

Anonymous March 25, 2011

For Acne: “This gel is great BUT you have to give it time. I went on it and after four months my acne only cleared a little but then bam! After the next month everything was great and then it's just all good from there. No random pimples popping up, just time for my scars to fade. I love it. And if you're a patient person who wants something gentle and not scary for their face, Atralin is it.”

Anonymous March 13, 2010

For Acne: “About 5 months ago I had a MAJOR breakout on my chin. I'm 27, never had a problem with acne before. I'd been through a number of topical creams and antibiotics, without any result. If anything, the breakout was worse. I was a few weeks away from starting Accutane, when as a last resort my doctor gave me Atralin. It took about two weeks before I saw much of an improvement, but it works wonderfully. It didn't burn like any of the other topical creams and didn't make it worse before better, like most of the other ones. I've been using the Atralin for a couple of months now and my skin has cleared up completely. I have had maybe two or three very small blemishes since then, and even those are gone within a day or two. I highly recommend it!”

katcast · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2012

For Acne: “I'm a 33 yr old female who has experienced mild acne for most of my life. I have tried everything from over the counter products to antibiotics for 3 months. It was just recently that I started using Atralin (3 weeks now) & I don't need to worry about wearing makeup anymore (dream come true). This medication is definitely worth a try paired with other treatments. I currently get a chemical peel once a month, plexion cloths to wash 2x a day and Atralin at night. If my skin continues this way I will be a happier person as I don't even worry about hiding my face anymore. ”

NewYork10036 February 13, 2016

For Acne: “I am 27 and have always suffered from acne. I tried everything and was always disappointed as my breakouts continued. After a short stint with Spironolactone, my dermatologist said she wanted me on a topical and introduced me to Atralin. It took my skin a few weeks to get used to and probably 2 months for my breakouts to completely clear up. I haven't had a pimple in months. I finally feel comfortable enough to wear my hair up in public and can even go with no makeup. Great skin can really change your life!”

Anonymous February 1, 2010

For Acne: “I used this medicine for about two months. I started out with very mild acne - a few pimples here and there, and I wanted something to help clear them up. I started using this gel and began breaking out worse than I ever have in my life - not just small pimples - large painful pimples that did not go away until I stopped using the medicine. ”

cleanface101 November 7, 2010

For Acne: “I have a 13 year old daughter and she started to begin to have acne and we went to a dermatologist and they prescribed Acanya for the morning and Atralin for the night and to use Cetaphil morning and night and the Cetaphil moisturizer at night. She started noticing a difference in about 4 to 6 weeks of using these great products. She has now been using this for about 3 months and her face is as clear as ever. She still gets a few pimples here and there but besides that this product is great.”

Anonymous July 12, 2009

For Acne: “I started out on Differin, Duac and an oral skin antibiotic, which improved my acne about 90%. About 2 weeks ago, my dermatologist took me off the oral antibiotic and switched me over to just Atralin. So far, I am breaking out again but I am hoping it is just the initial adjustment period causing it to do this (getting better before it gets worse). I will give it another week or two and then I will probably go back in if it doesn't improve. The upside is that it does not cause a lot of peeling or irritation, as did the other creams. I have very sensitive and maturing skin so I thought this would be a great choice for me.”

Anonymous May 31, 2010

For Acne: “I'm a 13 year old boy who has been experiencing major back acne. I tried Epiduo on my back which just made it worse. My dermatologist has prescribed me Atralin at night and Duac in the morning. I've been doing this for about a month and my back has never looked better. And I'm glad Atralin has permanent results.”

Anonymous March 6, 2010

For Acne: “I have been using Atralin for about a month and a half now. I started out with very moderate acne, a few pimples but nothing substantial. I have been struggling with acne for five years and I just wanted something to totally zap my acne. Well Atralin is NOT that. I have very sensitive skin and I am still peeling after all this time. When I started using it it made me breakout and now my acne and red spots are worse.”

John675 July 31, 2012

For Acne: “Honestly, it seemed to make my face appear shiny/greasy and though it cleared up my moderate acne slightly, it did not make the redness/possible scarring areas go away on my cheeks as well the excessive pimples on my forehead. Talking to my doctor soon about a possible better acne solution. Didn't work for me, but hope it worked for everyone else!”

Anonymous June 24, 2011

For Acne: “I am 21 and I had bumps on my chin everyday since I was 16. I had tried EVERYTHING, including a Clarisonic, expensive face washes, creams, etc. Thankfully, my dermatologist prescribed my Atralin and my skin is practically perfect. I had an initial break-out for about a week and a half, then suddenly my skin was perfect. No bumps and so smooth! It does make my face rather shiny, which I am not used to since I have dry skin. I am so happy with this product! It is so nice to wake up every morning with great skin. This is worth the price tag. I wash my face nightly with Bobbi Brown "extra balm rinse", use this gel, then apply a heavy moisturizer. Get Atralin! It will change your life!”