User Reviews for Xyrem

Learn more about Xyrem.

Reviews for Xyrem to treat Cataplexy

"I am 57 years old and have had some version of narcolepsy since age 30 or 35. I tried Nuvigil and then added Adderal but still had breakthrough narcolepsy and cataplexy. The cataplexy broke my foot a year ago and my wrist six months ago. This is the most amazing medication! I would go to bed at midnight and awaken at 10 or 11 in the morning. I would fall asleep for a cumulative 2 to 3 more hours during the day. I awaken between seven and 8 o'clock bright eyed and bushy tail to use my parents phrase. I am fully alert and have no further problems with sleepiness throughout the day. I am still experiencing occasional morning nausea and inappropriate diaphoresis or sweating for no reason. An ice pack at the back of my neck will break it."

Surreal2000 July 5, 2016

"I've been taking Xyrem for about 6 yrs at 4.5gms 2 x a night. My doctor said I had the worst case of Cataplexy he'd seen in his career! Xyrem with 40mgs of Desoxyn and 150mgs of Effexor during the day I have a life again! I still have to nap about midday and I still won't chance a comedy club (the Cataplexy still sneaks in once in a while) but I hope to some day. I found out the hard way to make sure you don't drink anything before taking because you will NOT wake up to pee until the dose wears off! A small price to pay when I consider what it was like before Xyrem. "

Anonymous January 26, 2012

"I have had a great improvement in my mental function. I can now pay attention and follow along with what is going on around me. With a switch to Desoxyn as a daytime medication wow I feel like a normal person at least for me. Get a safe to keep it in as the ramification of having it stolen are great. And the paperwork long. The number of agency's involved boggled my mind. "

bluhat November 5, 2011