User Reviews for Salmeterol

Also known as: Serevent Diskus

Learn more about Salmeterol.

COPD, Maintenance 1 reviews 46 medications

Asthma, Maintenance 1 reviews 119 medications

5.2
Summary of Salmeterol reviews 2 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Salmeterol

For Asthma, Maintenance: "Do not take an overdose on this medication. Even just a few puffs left me shaking vigorously feeling dizzy and heavily belching., Not only that but caused me to pass out. Furthermore, weeks later, you are still not right and you will be more sensitive to light."

crw24656316 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance: "I have had mild asthma from being a child, however due to smoking I now have both asthma and COPD. I have always struggled with beta-2 agonists like albuterol or terbutaline becuase they caused a lot of side effects for me such as palpitations, tremor and nervousness. I relied heavily on ipratropium (Atrovent) and inhaled beclomethasone before trying salmeterol. This is a great drug because it prevents wheezing, tightness, coughing and breathlessness without causing and side effects. I take it before going out of the house on errands or physical activity and in combination with the steroid I now rarely need to use ipratropium as a rescue medication. I have tried both the powdered form and the MDI and I can definitely say the MDI is better."

ExSmokerCOPD October 2, 2016