User Reviews for Saccharomyces boulardii lyo

Diarrhea
6.3

Reviews for Saccharomyces boulardii lyo

Rivergal · Taken for 10 years or more March 21, 2021

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “I use this daily for gut health. Most of the side effects listed above are common from antibiotics not Florastor. Hives, itching and rashes are allergies to antibiotics. I know because I'm allergic to all classes of antibiotics and those were just some of the bumps and strange rashes. I discovered Florastor as a result of a serous injury to my son. They had him on antibiotics for months. This was the only probiotic that worked while he was on antibiotics. My family has had no problems or reactions to Florastor at all. Also, when you start any probiotic, you often feel worse for a week and then everything settles down. I love Florastor and highly recommend it!”

zammer March 8, 2021

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “This is contrary to what Florastor is supposed to do, and the events may be coincidental. I report them as they happened, and wonder is anyone had a similar experience. I was prescribed the antibiotic Augmentin for an onset of diverticulitis. The ER doctor suggested I take a probiotic with it. I took Augmentin without effect for two days, until Florastor arrived. I took two of them with food in the AM. In a couple hours, perhaps fewer, I was struck with repeated diarrhea, about 5 episodes. I was wakened from sleep twice because of it. It lasted about 20 hours. I stopped Flotastor for two days, until I'd finished the Augmentin. I then took one Florastor pro and one pre/pro. Diarrhea followed, about the same as previously. I've taken no more Florastor, there has been no intestinal distress.”

lucky · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2020

Saccharomyces Boulardii+MOS (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “hi, I've had IBS D for more than 15 years had to poop at least 4 times in the morning everyday. I tried everything from changing my diet to starving myself just to get out of the house. I'm also lactose intolerant So I bought Saccharomyces Boulardii+MOS and from the first dose itself I found relief. I take it first thing in the morning (2 tablets) along with jarrow eps probiotic(2) and finally I don't have to poop more than 2 times and I have no bloating,gas,heavy feeling etc. Lucky Virginia”

flsuperman May 4, 2010

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “I had to take this after I got C-Diff from all of the antibiotics the doctors had me on. It worked great. I am a nurse and have known several people that have been put on this after getting C-Diff and they have been very pleased with the results also. My wife has started to take it because she has many stomach problems and it is helping her.”

IBS-D · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2018

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “I can not say enough about Florastor!!! After suffering from IBS-D for as long as I can remember and being on all kinds of prescription medications; I tried Florastor not expecting much. 20 years of eating, setting my fork down & running for the restroom have STOPPED! I have my life back and can go out to eat without any worries. Thanks so much Florastor, wish there was a better way to show my appreciation. Life Changing For The Better!”

Bobbe j July 11, 2016

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “I've suffered for 30 years w IBS d and IBS C AND was beside myself because was not always able to walk 3 or 4 steps toward bathroom when diahrea started. Florestor changed my life...for the better. I've been taking 1 capsule a day for a year. That problem has cleared up completely and my IBS attacks have been greatly reduced.”

rpking3 · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2015

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “I am a 54-year-old man and have suffered from chronic stomach problems for more than 7 years--the worst in the last 3. I went 6 months gluten free with little help. Six month ago I started taking Nature's Bounty Priobiotic 10 (bought at Costco). I would say that it improved my condition by 25%. Two weeks ago someone recommended Florastor. I tried it and my churning, gassy stomach went away in the first day. BUT...I started feeling by the end of the first day a bloating of my upper GI that got increasingly uncomfortable with each passing day. I reduced the dosage from two caps a day to just 1 cap a day. No change. Bloated upper GI still. I'm on my fourth day back on Nature's Bounty Probiotic 10. No more chest pressure.”

vblaes October 4, 2019

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “Had terrible diarrhea as a result of taking an antibiotic that I needed to stop. Gastroenterologist on call recommended I take two Florastor Twice a day. On the third day I broke out and terrible hives that have not cleared up. Been taking Benadryl and using triamcinolone ointment to help. If it doesn't get better I need to go on a prednisone pack. Not happy at all.”

Jonesy86 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2019

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo): “Love Florastor. It stopped months of stomach problems from afib medications. I take FlorastorPre with fiber but I am lactose intolerant and it is made with lactose (gives a lot of people terrible diarrhea I've read). Once I realized that I started taking Simethicone, Lactaid, and Gas-X along with it because it works so well I can't imagine not taking it. I also take Pepcid. I tried Trubiotic before and it burns my kidneys. Florastor gives me mental clarity and much better digestion and I'm extremely grateful.”

Jeff · Taken for 10 years or more November 7, 2019

For Diarrhea: “I have taken this several times throughout my life, originally for gastritis and diarrhea years ago and more recently during and after C-diff treatment. I find it very effective at improving all aspects of my GI system. It can be ( for me) a bit constipating and prolonged use usually after a time starts to make me itch. So I cycle off of it sometimes but never ever take antibiotics without it. When well I take a pill every other day. I find it more helpful than standard probiotics which seem to give me problems.”

Patriot · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2020

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “I took Florastor to help with an antibiotic I was taking, it was wonderful - until I got so itchy. All over. Palms of my hands, feet, head. Researched and itchiness is one of the side effects. Too bad because I thought it was great. Stopped taking it. 2 days ago. Still itchy. Driving me crazy!”

Char May 6, 2020

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo): “I had a urinalysis that was suspicious of UTI. But no typical UTI symptoms. Took antibiotics for a week. Became severely bloated after antibiotics even this I took my usual probiotic during treatment. My doc suggested Florastor. I took it for 3 days. 2nd day bloating was gone. I did not have diarrhea but it did increase the number of bowel movements the 2nd day. But I developed severe and lasting pelvic cramping. By the 3rd night woke up with painful pelvic pain. Stopped it and the cramping stopped so far. Not sure if this was the cause. My urine culture did not reveal any significant issue, but maybe mild infection.”

Shrimplet · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

For Diarrhea: “I've had IBS for many years. Started on a biologic 3 months ago for inflammatory psoriatic arthritis and I was getting terrible symptoms every few days mimicking a bad tummy bug, but no fever. Biologics cause poor immunity against bugs so I thought a probiotic might be a good idea with all this diarrhea. Well a day after I was in excruciating tummy ache, watery diarrhea for days on end, every time I ate anything, the cramps would start again. I couldn't leave the house! My rheumatologist stopped the methotrexate I was on, but it didn't make a difference. I then stopped the probiotic, and that same evening the symptoms improved slowly and now it's less severe. So for me, probiotics are not the answer.”

Diana Prince · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

Florastor Kids (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “I gave this to my 11 year old son who had stomach problems. This aggravated it. He had severe, body-doubling-over stomach pain, couldn't go to school. Complained of heart burn and a feeling of acid coming up his throat. Had to go to the hospital for treatment.”

Third Coaster · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 2, 2019

“For years, post-menopause, I had E. coli related UTIs, recurring frequently, every six to eight weeks. I tried everything my doctor recommended to prevent them, including hyper-vigilant hygiene, of course. Six months ago, when I went to Urgent Care with yet another painful UTI (yes, E. coli again), a nurse practitioner suggested I try taking Florastor. She said that there was no scientific proof of its effectiveness, but there was a lot of anecdotal evidence. Months and months have passed, and I have not developed a UTI since I started taking Florastor daily.”

Deniz_in_Turkey February 18, 2018

For Diarrhea: “I took 250mg pills for antibiotic related diarrhea and found it to keep the loose bowels under control but not eliminate the condition entirely. On the fifth and last day of antibiotics and of the probiotic (labeled as Reflor in Turkey) gave me incredible gas pains. I wasn't bothered too much by gas before then and wonder if it was a cumulative effect? 5 day supply cost approximately $6.50... rather expensive because nationalized health insurance doesn't cover it.”

Clutch August 21, 2020

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “Been struggling daily with IBS symptoms, and Florastor is the only probiotic that stopped it. Yes, it is stopped. Can't say enough about this. Good product.”

Lin89876 · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “Started Florastor for IBS and it Caused abdominal pain and bad heart burn.”

Deb* December 16, 2013

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “I had chronic ulcers, stomach pain, gas and one day on Florastor and all symptoms are totally gone.”

broadcast49 March 21, 2017

Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo) for Diarrhea: “Started using this after surgery due to constipation. Worked great with no interaction. ”

Rick8000 · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2016

For Diarrhea: “Took for Blasyocystis (parasite infection) and Candida. after 24 hours my tongue was no longer white. I had some abdominal pain at the beginning. Also nausea that did not resolve.”

Anonymous October 1, 2011

For Diarrhea: “Worked well for me.”

Didi · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 26, 2018

For Diarrhea: “It was helpful in stopping the diarrhea, but I developed stomach pain and high fever after taking only one pill, and the fever and malaise has not subsided after a week, neither has the stomach ache.”