User Reviews for Ropinirole to treat Periodic Limb Movement Disorder

Also known as: Requip, Requip XL, ReQuip Starter Pack, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit

Ropinirole has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. 57% of those users who reviewed Ropinirole reported a positive effect, while 43% reported a negative effect.

Ropinirole Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder.

Reviews for Ropinirole

thinkbeforeyouspeak · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 2, 2020

“I've had Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) for years, occuring 4 nights out of every week. Was given Gabapentin first which didn't work, but 4 weeks ago I started using Ropinirole and it worked immediately, giving me a massively better sleeping experience. I have had no single PLM occurence since starting. My sleep still pretty fragmented, but somehow of a better quality, and more deep. Feel very pleased about it.”

Rs April 22, 2020

Requip XL (ropinirole): “The game changer for me is the slow release XL, much less side effects. I do sometimes top up with 1mg of normal Ropinarole before bed, and then feel the side affects. Would recommend 4mg XL slow release for RLS”

Lucylu · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2019

“I had been a bad sleeper all of my life and never realized there was a reason. I was sick of being tired so finally went to a sleep specialist and had a sleep study. He told me I had 300+ leg movements in the night. After increasing my iron and doing stretches I was still waking up, though not as much. I started on Ropinrole a few days ago and am already sleeping better. The nights are not as long as they used to be. I feel more rested during the day. I used to feel like a zombie. The first night I had a ton of really vivid dreams which was odd. Since then I've had a few each night. Not scary just boring slightly annoying dreams. Like a dream where I lose my keys and go through a day trying to find them. I haven't had any other side effects.”

Gerry F December 23, 2008

Requip (ropinirole): “I am a 73 year old male. I have sufered from periodic leg movement most of my life. Lately it has been getting worse to the point that it could take me hours to fall asleep. In addition to that, I have been having nightmares in which I try to protect myself from some threat. My defense was to punch my wife on the arm. I have also experienced sleep walking. I had been taking to sleeping in the spare bedroom so that my wife could get some sleep. This was not a solution that suited either one of us. When I began taking Requip I experienced relief from the very first night. I now routinely sleep the whole night through without nightmares or restless legs/periodic limp movenent.”

Seattle housewife · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2015

Requip (ropinirole): “Was it Multiple Sclerosis fatigue? I thought I was stuck with awful 24/7 sleepiness and waking up as tired. Three months ago, I was relieved after 15 years by Ropinirole the very first dose after a new doc asked if anyone had ever mentioned me twitching at night. Try it. It might be your miracle too! I feel like me twenty years ago.”

Anonymous November 20, 2009

Requip (ropinirole): “I have used Requip for several years for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, and couldn't do without it. If I don't take it, I can sleep, but wake up frequently and feel more tired in the morning than I did at night. I have gradually had to increase my dose over the years, from 0.75 to 1 mg.”

Karaokekate51 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 9, 2018

“For many years I had been experiencing jerky legs, arms and total body. It became painful when I had these bouts. Around the age of 45 they became daily, sometimes multiple times a day. On top of fibromyalgia these bouts became unbearable. A doctor diagnosed me and perceived generic result. Took awhile to get the dosage adjusted. I finally was adjusted to .05 in increments up to 6 tablets before bed time to be able to sleep. It worked out great. If I have bouts during the day I will take 1 tab. I will fall asleep within 30 minutes and sleep up to 2 hours. I have lost health and prescription ins. And don't know how this is going to play out. I can't go without this drug, the pain it relieves makes life tolerable.”

Katherine Casey November 13, 2016

“I took my first 4 milligram Ropinirole tablet last night at about 8 p.m. my stomach was about Half & Half not full not empty about 45 min to an hour after I started to experience severe what I thought flu symptoms and I had projectile vomiting until my stomach was empty. I felt fine after my stomach was empty but I'm afraid to take another pill tonight. Does anybody have any ideas for terrible leg cramping almost crippling effects?”

Anonymous July 11, 2011

Requip (ropinirole): “This medication actually worsened my symptoms and the MD kept raising the dose until I had symptoms during the day. Then she finally listened to me and took me off this medication.”

Bubba · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 18, 2018

“This is the best medication I have ever been on for RLS/PLMD. It has really given my quality of life back to me. I never experienced any problems with nausea or vomiting ”

Anonymous April 3, 2009

Requip (ropinirole): “This medication caused me severe nausea and vomiting.”

Anonymous December 22, 2009

Requip (ropinirole): “I couldn't sleep at all when taking Requip!”

Jai Croft-Smyth · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2015

Requip (ropinirole): “I was given this med for RLS/PLM. This medication kept me up most of the night with a bucket to vomit into. Hummm.... Which to chose, RLS/PLM vs Severe nausea/ Vomiting? ”

wronged_by_pharmacy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2016

Requip (ropinirole): “This drug ruined my life. I became a compulsive gambler. It screwed my brain over until I had little moral control over my life.”

Beeceee1234567 · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2013

Requip XL (ropinirole): “It did not work for me, it made me sleep worse.”

Anonymous May 27, 2010

“The medication caused nausea and vomiting. I could not continue taking it although I tried for a few days.”

Anonymous September 1, 2009

“I thank God for the invention of the Restless Legs Syndrome medicines I take. I actually sleep and my RLS is relieved. I am in pain without my medicines.”

Trufot January 27, 2012

“Worked for about 2 weeks. Upped it to 0.5 with no luck.”