User Reviews for Ropinirole to treat Parkinson's Disease

Also known as: Requip, Requip XL, ReQuip Starter Pack, ReQuip Follow on Pack, Requip Starter Kit

Ropinirole has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Parkinson's Disease. 42% of those users who reviewed Ropinirole reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Ropinirole Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 67 medications used in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease.

Reviews for Ropinirole

Louis Cyphre · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2020

“Ropinirole is, for me, a miracle drug, I take if for Drug-induced Parkinsonism/Fibromyalgia/RLS. The subjective effects are very similar to Xanax, even though the pharmacology is totally different. I am surprised that it is not FDA approved for insomnia, anxiety, depression, and pain management. However, I fear that if this drug garners too much attention, it is likely to become a schedule IV medication, like benzodiazepines. It is so difficult to get any prescription medication that actually works, that isn’t controlled. I have had absolutely NO side effects. It is the most effective drug for the muscle spasms from fibromyalgia. In conjunction with diazepam, it relieves my RLS symptoms, and helps me fall asleep easily and wake up feeling rested. For me no side effects of gambling, promiscuous sexual activity, or driving while sleeping either.”

takenadvantageof · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 5, 2018

Requip (ropinirole): “Diagnosed with Early Onset Parkinsons Disease in the fall of 2009 @ the age of 47, I was prescribed the drug Requip. God, family, & friends were the most important things in my life prior to taking the medicine. I was very conservative with my $ and spent approximately a total of $10 on the lottery & made 2 trips to a Casino spending $20 in my lifetime. After taking this medication for approximately 3 months in the fall of 2009, I developed an obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) with scratch off lottery tickets & slot machines. To make a long story short, after risking loosing my family, soul, friends and losing hundreds of thousands of dollars, the decision to take Requip was a mistake. Compulsive gambling is a listed side effect.”

Young66 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2018

“I was anxious to the point that I wanted to jump out of my skin. Sinemet managed tremors but I couldn't function at times because of clenched fists with my arms flexed and rubbing my hands together. Initially I took two ropinirole daily (one in morning and one at bedtime), anxiety was gone in two days but I was extremely exhausted in the afternoon. Now I take both doses at bedtime and the tiredness (not sleepiness) is reduced. Still, some days I barely make it back home, so exhausted.”

beau91 August 14, 2008

Requip (ropinirole): “I've been using Requip since 2005 started with the progression dose. Now I take 16mg per day. Today saw my neurologist raised it at 20mg per day, because the effect starts to decrease before my next dose. Drowsiness and sleeping is one of the side effects I have.”

janaleese December 17, 2011

Requip XL (ropinirole): “Requip has given me 4 years of regained fine motor skills, word retrieval and executive functioning. It has been the only medicine I have taken for my parkinson 's disease. The disease marches on, but I can drive, work with young children and take care of myself. I have been blessed, even though each day I can feel the loss of automaticity and coordination. Requip has caused narcolepsy and visual hallucinations that have been quite unique, not scary!”

flynncarb November 11, 2008

“Sinemet worked great for many years but eventually I started to have dyskenesia from it. I was able to lower my dosage of sinemet by adding requip. Now I have the same drug benefit without the side effects from using high doses of Sinemet alone.”

rmabey April 27, 2009

Requip (ropinirole): “Taking Requip from the very beginning caused drowsiness, which after 3 years has developed into sleep attacks and edema in my feet. Also, an allergic reaction with a rash over most of my body.”

BRK January 31, 2009

Requip (ropinirole): “I took this for about 6 months. It made me very tired to the point that I would skip doses. I told my docter that it could not be working for me if I couldn't stay awake or was missing doses. ”

susieratledge November 10, 2011

Requip (ropinirole): “Requip was prescribed for me for "break-through" symptoms related Parkinson's Disease. I could not tell that it made any difference at all.”

wv_picker September 3, 2009

Requip XL (ropinirole): “Was moderately successful treatment, but side effects were very bad for me.”

Arthur G August 31, 2009

Requip XL (ropinirole): “Great, I take it twice a day, it does the job. I feel really good.”

Anonymous June 3, 2012

Requip XL (ropinirole): “Great medicine. Controls symptoms very well with dopamine. ”

Rivet · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2018

“Felt very sleepy all the time and got a severe headache, decided to carry on without any medication for as long as I can as I am prone to most side effects of any medication”

Learn more about Parkinson's Disease