User Reviews for Inderal LA

Mitral Valve Prolapse

1 review 12 medications
Summary of Inderal LA reviews 6.2 11 reviews

Reviews for Inderal LA

For Migraine Prevention "Using Inderal LA 80 mg since Nov. 7th 2017. The side effects were quite strong (heart rate low (45-50), fatigue, etc.), so I take now a 60 mg dose (since Nov. 22nd). In 2 months, I had only 5 mild migraines. More interesting, since Dec. 16th, no migraine at all. I used to have 8 to 10 migraines per month on average! The only problem is the side effects that are still there, though less. When I do exercise, even light ones like walking, I feel tired, weak. I feel like my heart cannot fully give me the power to cope with its need. Before that, I tried 2 types of antidepressants, to no avail. I cannot take hormones for other medical reasons. Inderal is working and I am happy. But..."

KlaraV January 14, 2018

For Migraine Prevention "Took Inderal La for a very short time. In the time I was on it I never had a migraine, unfortunately on average I could sleep 7-8 hours a night but being on this medication I was lucky to get 4."

Mbd70 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2015

For Mitral Valve Prolapse "I've been on this medicine for at least 10yrs. It has been working so far. I was on something else before they found out that I had Mitral Valve Prolapse all I had was tachycardia then they found the MVP and the meds I was on wasn't working so I was put on this."

ELLIE Jo February 18, 2014

For Migraine Prevention "I've battled migraines since I was 14 and was diagnosed with PMDD. 10 to 15 days out of the month I get crippling migranes. I've tried numerous things and nothing has really helped. I've been on Inderal for a couple days now along with Norco and still have what I would consider a fairly bad headache. I'm still seeing the aura and occasional star flashes in my eyes. I'm hoping something changes here soon. I will say last night was my first night since I've had my son, I slept a full 6 hours straight. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2013

For Migraine Prevention "I'm 15 and have been getting bad migraines for about a year. I have been taking Inderal for a few weeks. I have felt car sick for almost the entire time I've been on this medication, I have been really emotional, and have not had an appetite, and been very dizzy and am still getting headaches. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2012

For Migraine Prevention "This was great for a preventative, I really love this medication- but I'm always so incredibly tired and fatigued. I recently started a morning boot camp at work and am unable to finish a few minutes worth of exercise without muscles cramping up or my endurance just plummeting and I'm wiped out for the rest of the day. After some research, I switched over to a cocktail of feverfew, magnesium, and riboflavin and will see how this works out. I've been off of the Inderal for 5 days and have a bad headache today, but I'm not tired for the first time in months!"

OLIVEU April 9, 2012

For Migraine Prevention "Migraines have been noticeably easier to get rid of since starting propranolol. Still working with my doctor to prevent them altogether."

jpatrick January 10, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "i have anxiety induced high blood pressure. At first it didn't do anything for me, however I wasn't taking it at the right time of day. It works wonders when taken at night before bed. Extended release takes 4-5 hours to start working and much longer for peak levels in blood. I now take it at around 10PM and am really calm the next day."

Anonymous February 23, 2009

For Migraine Prevention "I was on propranolol for about 18 months and went from approximately 20 migraines a month to five. Unfortunately a side effect I developed was cough-variant asthma. Made several visits to the doctor regarding the cough and his suggested that it might be asthma and put me on a daily inhaler. I did some research as I did not want to take a drug to relieve a condition caused by another drug. The side effect was not listed on my propranolol literature, but I found it as a cause for cough-variant asthma. I had to switch to verapamil, which is not quite as effective for my headaches, but my cough is gone."

Phowwy January 12, 2009

For Migraine Prevention "Before taking Inderal, I was on 300mg of Topamax daily, which was a miracle drug for me. It completely got rid of my headaches, however, the side affects of Topamax were hard. Now I've been using Inderal for months and have found it almost as effective as Topamax but with little side affects. I highly recommend it. "

Anonymous November 5, 2008

For Migraine Prevention "Haven't had a migraine since I started this treatment!"

Anonymous March 24, 2008