User Reviews for Propafenone (Page 3)

Also known as: Rythmol SR

Atrial Fibrillation 8.2
Ventricular Tachycardia 8.0
Atrial Flutter 1.0
Summary of Propafenone reviews 8.0 56 reviews

Reviews for Propafenone

MarkBV51 May 4, 2009

Rythmol SR (propafenone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been on Rythmol SR for about 6 weeks now. I was originally diagnosed with Atrial Flutter, but after the ablation procedure for this, it was then determined that I had Atrial Fibrillation and was put on Rythmol SR. This drug does not "solve" or "cure" the problem - all it does is subside it temporarily. As a result, I am scheduled for an Atrial fibrillation Ablation procedure this month. I have also had numerous side effects (dizziness, and bad taste in mouth). ”

alanvega April 29, 2009

Rythmol SR (propafenone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have used Rythmol or Propafenone for over 13 years for atrial fibrillation with good results. I'm taking 225mg twice a day. I drink lots of coffee with no problems. Alcoholic beverages will trigger my atrial fibrillation 95% of the time so I know longer drink. Wine seems to be the worst culprit. I have thought about an ablation but since the Rythmol works so well, I'm hesitant to have the procedure.”

MAD RUSSIAN August 25, 2008

Rythmol (propafenone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “The combo of atenolol in the morning and 1 propafanone at bedtime has stopped my atrial-fibrillation in its tracks!”

Fisherguy July 9, 2008

“I have been on Rythmol SR for two years. Take 425 mg twice a day along with Topral and Warfarin. I am now feeling great, rarely have atrial fibrillation episodes. I no longer have the squeezing tennis ball feeling and chest throbbing at night, so I sleep better. I have observed no unwanted reactions. I am 77 years old.”

Dr. orders June 24, 2008

Rythmol SR (propafenone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “Diagnosed with Atrial fibrillation a little over two years ago. Started Ryhthmol after taking thinners in preparation for Cardioreversion. Heart went back to normal rhythm just before I was to be shocked. Had infrequent short periods of Atrial fibrillation reoccuring. Doctor prescribed another anti-arrhythmics but I felt as though tennis ball was bouncing inside my chest. Went back to Rythmol 325 Sr and atenolol, both twice a day. I have stayed in rhythm for about a year, I have found that coffe and some Iced teas cause me to go out.”

Blueforest May 29, 2008

Rythmol SR (propafenone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “After 9 months on Sotolol, I was still having Atrial Fibrillation (AF). Switched to Rhythmol 225mg for 3 months and had occasional AF, but at 325 mg, I've only had one AF episode in 6 months. It's a blessing to lie down and go to sleep without the fear of AF starting up.”

MiaBob March 16, 2008

Rythmol SR (propafenone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I just switched to Rythmol from Toporal and am checking it out. My heart hasn't done "afib" type things but I do have a horrible metalic taste that I wish would go away, outside of that it seems OK so far. Let me know your thoughts. I am a 51 year old male.”