User Reviews for Minipress

Learn more about Minipress.

High Blood Pressure 2 reviews 264 medications

7.5
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 3 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Minipress reviews 5 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Minipress

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Flomax works better for BPH but this med is more tolerable for longer usage and does wonders for PTSD!"

Whatjj (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Had little effect on Benign Prostate Hyperplasia symptoms. Dosage 1mg at night."

The Mog July 14, 2014

For High Blood Pressure "This medication acts fast, causes me be be jittery, my blood pressure is low and then settles down after a few hours, then my blood pressure rises again. I take 2 a day."

PRETTY REDCAR April 12, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Very effective in stopping many decades of violent nightmares. There was a difference for me starting the first night on 1 mg. After several weeks I'm now taking 3mg nightly and have had good success with sleeping better throughout the night. The times I do wake up I'm calmer than in the past, and can go back to sleep far more easily."

Anonymous August 20, 2011

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Vivid nightmares have been greatly reduced."

bunkerhawk July 31, 2011

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I have had my pulse rate go way up and my blood pressure both systolic and diastolic go way down. My heart was pounding. But I find that with this medicine I can sleep a bit more and I had to quit taking my lisinopril in the morning. I still have nightmares but I can wake up and say to myself oh good I'm not there anymore and it was just a dream. "

PollysFolly July 8, 2011

For High Blood Pressure "Used this to replace Tenormin which was causing sexual problems (total erectile dysfunction) and mood issues. Taking 1mg daily at night. No ED difficulties, in fact, it has the opposite effect for me, like a daily use ED drug. Blood pressure controlled just as effectively and my mood is back to normal, but not sure if that's because the ED issues are resolved or if Tenormin was impacting my mood."

Anonymous March 3, 2011

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "I started on this medication and since I have taken it the nightmares have been gone. If I forget to take it, then I will have them. This medication has really helped me get a good nights sleep, every night."

LPN MLC October 31, 2010

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "This medication really put a stop to the nightmares, as well as the flashbacks for me. The side effects are very minimal (if I stand up too quickly - I get a bit dizzy), and it's really been nothing but a good thing for me."

jk13 September 16, 2010

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "This medicine completely got rid of all of my nightmares the first night I took it. It has been a few months now and I've only gone up one more mg so it is still working great. For me though, the great benefit was that it got rid of all of my dreams not just nightmares and for me that was a big relief."

Anonymous July 1, 2010

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I am 66 and have been taking 1 mg of Minipress/prazosin per day for BPH for at least 25 years. It works well with minimal side effects. I still get up about 1x per night to urinate but the stream is reasonably strong and I can fully empty my bladder. Missing a dose for 2 or 3 days results in noticeable degradation of initiation, stream flow and complete emptying of bladder. Some years ago I tried Cardura which had more impact on the BPH symptoms, but had unacceptable side effects on potency and desire. Minipress is available as a generic and for me is a superior solution."

Anonymous November 19, 2009

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "The very first night I took this, I slept through the night without any more nightmares! Week and a half so far, and it feels wonderful to have slept through the night each night!"

Anonymous October 8, 2009