User Reviews for Pramoxine topical

Also known as: Curasore, Itch-X, Pramox, Gold Bond Anti-Itch, Dermoplast Poison Ivy Treatment, Eczemin, Anest Hemor, Fleet Pain Relief Pad, Summers Eve Anti-Itch Sarna Sensitive Sarna Ultra Blistex Pro Relief Vagisil Anti-Itch Medicated Wipes Prax Epipram

Pramoxine topical has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 54 ratings on Drugs.com. 80% of those users who reviewed Pramoxine topical reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Hemorrhoids
10.0
Summary of Pramoxine topical reviews 8.2 54 reviews

Reviews for Pramoxine topical

coasterdude89 June 7, 2021

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “This is a miracle drug! I had tried preparation H, Dr, Butlers Hemorrhoids Cream, and sitz baths. Nothing work. I was able to get Proctofoam from my doctor and within minutes, relief started. It burns some but it really works. Now 2 days later, they are no longer throbbing, bowel movements are easier, and I can pee again easier (yes it was that bad they pressed on my bladder). I highly recommend it. I still have 5 more days of treatment to go and am confident this will heal them. I remember it working years ago and am so happy I finally called my doctor and requested Proctofoam. The only downside is that the dispenser can be tricky (I either under or overfill) but it's easy to insert inside you and is not messy at all (like those anal cort suppositories that leak and hurt and don't work as well) .”

Tiff1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2021

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “It's May 17th I just applied this $164 cream to my anus. I used PH and that didn't work. Right now the proctofoam is working as the hemorrhoids are not hurting or itching. I will come back to give a update after 5 days.”

58 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2021

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Pain: “I was given this for Rectum Pain and it didn't help with the pain and after only 14 applications the foam stopped coming out of the 10g container. It's too damn expensive for such a short usage.”

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2020

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “This drug Proctofoam is a literal miracle for hemorrhoids!! It shrunk a very big very angry very painful thrombossed external hemorrhoid. Took it down within a few days. When other over the counter, and prescription meds did NOTHING. I’ve now had the offending pile removed (which I would not recommend, so much pain) in the future I will treat with proctofoam, no question the most effective medication for this embarrassing, and painful issue.”

ItchyScratchy November 13, 2009

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I have a small, internal hemorrhoid that caused my whole rectum to become inflamed, itchy and sensitive. I tried all the over the counter meds: Prep H, hydrocortisone, anti-biotic, anti-histamines. Finally went to the doctor and got Proctofoam. This is great. It's been 3 days and swelling is gone, itching is gone and I can have a bowel motion and wipe without pain or itchiness. I would recommend this for anyone with anal itching. It is a God Send. I use once at night and in the morning. It is a bit odd to use as you have to fill a small syringe (supplied) to apply internally through the rectum, but the effect is IMMEDIATE and SOOTHING. No, I don't work for the drug company, I am just very happy this product is available.”

Pregnant for two years · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I am having my second pregnancy literally just months after having our first. (We will have Irish twins). I had hemorrhoids terrible during my first pregnancy during the third trimester but decided to tough it out. They subsided but came back with vengence during this second pregancy. I went a week trying everything. Which hazel, prep H cream, sitz baths, walks, fiber, even taking tylenol to help with the pain. Nothing helped. I finally called my doctor (I have a 10 month old I have to be able to function!) and she prescribed me this. With in a day the swelling had gone down and within 10 mins of application the pain almost went completely away! I will never try and tough it out again. It is expensive, but worth it being 7 month pregnant and being pain free.”

Staplehead · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2019

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “It seems that constipation following the flu and a difficult BM unleashed the grapes of wrath (hemorrhoids) leaving a bloody waste circling bowl. That and bloody toilet had me call my doctor ASAP. Sure enough, grade 2 hemorrhoids. He prescribed proctofoam which my pharmacist located after 5 calls to other pharmacies. The medication is outstanding. After three applications, other significant bowel motions haven’t caused bleeding issues. The cost and applicator are other matters. Much foam gets wasted under the cap. And when the applicator is firmly attached, loading is inconsistent and much slower than the instructions indicate. Not sure if the bottle has lost some aerosol or what. But, the treatment has been effective thus far.”

Damnit Bobby · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2020

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “Sweet and sublime, this foam will instantly penetrate your tissues and start working. Like all things involving anal, it is uncomfortable at first; do not fear, relief is coming. Once your muscles realize they’re being chemically commanded to relax, they do. My ass had zen. Amazing product.”

Itchmarsh · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2013

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I have tried every piles cream there is going. Finally went to see my GP and was prescribed this foam. What can I say,....WOW! It actually works! The piles went down overnight and after a few days are almost gone! This should be available over the counter!”

Anus of Agony · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 24, 2018

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “This product will make you sing "Hallelujah" from the top of your lungs. It is a miracle in a pressurized canister. My anus is happy once again. Do not waste your money on OTC pile cream, Proctofoam is great, period.”

Fali79 · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “Proctofoam is an amazing drug that works better than ANY OTC hemorrhoid cream, tincture, solution, etc. I have tried everything and my PCP recommended this drug. One application and I finally have relief! The only downside is most insurance companies don’t cover it and it’s hard to locate. In my opinion it’s worth the money. I don’t understand why it’s not more commonly prescribed and easier to get since half the population suffers from hemorrhoids. If you are giving up on solutions to end your suffering, try this drug.”

AhRelief · Taken for 10 years or more February 11, 2017

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “Have had hemorrhoids for over 40 years, since first pregnancy. Tried all kinds of OTC products that never worked. Once I found Proctofoam, the burning, itching, & swelling was relieved within 10 minutes of application. Only several applications necessary for very long-term results (months to years). I won't use anything else. Insurance covered it years ago, then I couldn't find it any longer in California pharmacies. If anyone knows where to currently (2/2017) get it. Give me a shout”

Anonymous September 22, 2011

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I suffered for three weeks and tried every OTC medication and most home remedies to no avail. I got this product today and the instant I applied this "WONDER" medication relieved all pain. I'm hoping that it will save me the surgery to correct the problem. This product should be made available to the public over the counter. I strongly suggest that everyone save their money and just visit the Dr. and ask for this product...IT WORKS!”

Neak · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2018

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I’m 18 and this was my first time experiencing hemorrhoids from diarrhea. I used OTC creams and took hot baths which only worked then but suffered later. It was such a pain and soon as I use proctofoam it relieved me almost suddenly.”

Mr Steve May 31, 2011

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “This is a great product. I have run the whole course of home cures, doctor visits, constant pain in the A** all this year. My latest Doctor prescribed ProctoFoam and 1st use was a God Send. Relief was instant. Burning, itch and pain faded away. Slept so good.”

Mikey5555 December 21, 2016

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I have suffered from hemorrhoids/piles for many years. Have tried all the over the counter stuff (prep-h and even herbals like Pilex) - all did very little. New doc had me try proctofoam hc for a pretty serious flair up. Within one day major progress. This stuff really works. I highly recommend it (plus a high fiber diet).”

galwhemor · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2015

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I'm in my early 30's and I have been suffering from hemorrhoids for 3 years now. I have had multiple flares with a few visits to the ER. I have used few hemorrhoid medications and nothing has helped as much as Proctofoam. I feel the pressure go down, itchiness and size of the veins shrink within minutes. I highly recommend it. Thumbs up.”

BrokenMotherOfSix · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2016

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “BEST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED! The very next day my internal and external hemmorhoids dwindled down to nothing. I couldn't believe that after only TWO uses I saw such quick results! Crazy expensive though, 162$ ”

yaya1591 · Taken for 10 years or more February 14, 2015

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “This is the ONLY thing that works when I have a bad flare up of my hemorrhoids. When I first began to use it about 10 years ago, my insurance covered it with a minimal co-pay. Then a couple of years ago, the co-pay went up to $80! Now, my new insurance does not cover at all, and the retail price is $150. I have tried EVERYTHING and have minimal relief - this is the ONLY thing which works effectively for me. I am very disappointed that it remains so expensive as I am now a senior citizen and can no longer afford it when I need it the most!!”

RelievedFromTheBurn January 11, 2017

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “After a week of suffering constant pain, itching and burning, I finally made a doctor appointment and he prescribed this. Went from constant pain to practically pain free within about 10 minutes! I can't say enough good about this product. I just wish I had gone to the doctor earlier in the week!”

Anonymous March 8, 2010

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “Excellent - comfortable to use, soothing on use of product, unlike others, as the foam soften and lubricates the insertion, my problems were healed much more quickly using this treatment than any other. If you suffer you know what agony it can be yet this treatment has worked wonders.”

DP · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2020

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “Very expensive for a product that does not work well...limited relief for me. The manufacturer must correct the poor applicator process, as it is very difficult to get the foam (unclear tube) applicator loaded up !”

Anonymous May 8, 2012

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “It works amazingly at times and the effects are almost immediate - the swelling disappears and the deformed mass of swollen veins around the anus retracts. However majority of the times I have to sit for a while and apply external pressure for the swelling to subside. I also use a Lidocaine based Indian cream called Hadensa to soothe the exposed areas as I have Grade 4 hemorrhoids.”

happyhater · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2021

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I have a horrible external hemorrhoid. I've tried baths, ice, Tylenol, preparation h, and lidocaine. Nothing worked. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Proctofoam. It cost $50 with insurance. IT BURNS HORRIBLY WHEN I PUT IT ON, and the only "relief" is the burning of the foam going away and the regular pain coming back. I cannot describe how useless this drug is.....and it's so freaking expensive. Prep H gives me more relief that this does.”

Anonymous September 19, 2015

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “Proctofoam is the best thing that has happen to me. I had to visit the ER 10 yrs ago with hemorrhoids that bleed for 3 days. That's when I was introduced to it and we have been together ever since. Fabulous medication. Wish it was around before my grandma died.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2013

Proctofoam (pramoxine): “I have been suffering from a servere case of radiation proctitis which was caused by damage from radiation treatment for prostate cancer. For 5 years I have had almost constant rectal pain during or after bowel movements. Finally my doctor prescribed Proctofoam. All I can say is WOW...This is simply amazing. I apply it to a cotton ball and stick it at the bottom, this way the effects lasts for over 8 hours. The instructions says use it up to 5 times per day.”

Anonymous May 9, 2016

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “The Proctofoam works great for immediate relief, however you'll likely need to use it repeatedly. My husband struggled in misery and pain for years, so in addition I gave him White Oak Bark and within a half of bottle it had healed his Hemorrhoid issues. He never suffered from them again. I'd suggest both.”

Virginia March 8, 2021

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: “I wish I could share a positive review for proctofoam hc. I had a painful swollen exterior burning hemorrhoid flair up 9 days ago. Had proctofoam hc prescribed 7 days ago. I also had Proctozone -hc cream prescribed and use them together for what it’s worth. Had to order it and have been using it for 6 days. It seems to help a little bit with the pain. I still have constant pain but not as bad. I found taking 800mg of ibuprofen along with 1000mg of Tylenol stops the pain for at least 4 hours and sometimes all day. The swelling has gone down by half but the hemorrhoid hasn’t gone back in which is uncomfortable. I can push it in but it comes back out. I’m curious about what my condition would be by now without the foam (which I paid $170.00 for) just using the cream ($35.00) and ibuprofen and Tylenol.”