User Reviews for SymlinPen 60
The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care.
Reviews for SymlinPen 60
For Diabetes, Type 1 "I think every diabetic should be on this. In a normal individual it is produced with insulin and released at the same time to keep sugar from rising too much after a meal, to keep the food in the stomach longer, give a feeling of fullness and control appetite, and keep the liver from producing too much insulin. Type1's and 2's both benefit from Symilin's action of blunting that peak of glucose after a meal, taking less insulin (because of its synergistic effect and preventing the liver from adding to the problem by producing glucose on top of it all. For those who are overweight, it controls appetite so you can get your mind off of food and eat normal sized portions."
54 year-old female (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2014
3 users found this comment helpful.
Learn more about
IBM Watson Micromedex
- Diabetes and your Skin
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Diabetic Hyperglycemia
- Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Hypoglycemia in a Person with Diabetes
- Non Insulin Pen Devices for Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes in Adults: New Diagnosis
- Type 2 Diabetes in Children
Drugs.com Health Center
- Diabetes Symptoms & Complications
- Diabetes Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diabetes Treatment
- Which Prescription Drugs Cause Weight Gain?
- Top 8 Breakthrough Diabetes Treatments You May Have Missed
Mayo Clinic Reference
More about SymlinPen 60 (pramlintide)
- SymlinPen 60 Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: amylin analogs