User Reviews for GaviLyte-C to treat Bowel Preparation

GaviLyte-C has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Bowel Preparation. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

GaviLyte-C Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

KnitterinNJ February 2, 2017

“It's a lot to drink but you can do it. I used a straw and just chugged it down. I did use the lemon flavoring packet. It really didn't taste too bad. My suggestion is that when you first feel an urge to go.....Go! This stuff works. My doctor had me take 8 oz every 30 minutes, after the first two doses it started work. I spent the rest of the day on or near the toilet. An hour after my last dose, I was done. I did not have any cramping, nausea or vomiting. Overall, not a pleasant experience, but this liquid is not too bad.”

Sami · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2020

“Lo residue diet 3 days before test--white bread (toast, PB&J), plain bagels w/cream cheese, crackers, pretzels, eggs, chicken, etc. Had jasmine tea, two scrambled eggs w/ butter, white bread toast w/butter, before 9 am. Mixed lemon packet in prep and put in fridge. For lunch, had DELICIOUS "Zoup" chicken broth. Also, lime jello, Gatorate, and apple juice. At 5 pm, took a Zofran to ensure the prep would stay down. Not starving by 6 pm when I started prep! It didn't taste nearly as bad as I had imagined. After every few sips, chased it w/ apple juice or Gatorade. W/in 2 hours, was able to drink 1/2 prep. Did its job. At 3:30 am, did 2nd dose of prep. Again, drank only about 1/2 in 2 hours. Because I had eaten so lightly and so low residue for days prior, this was all I needed! Nurse said prep was GOOD! So, I didn't have to starve myself day b4, and didn't have to drink the gal of prep! Hope this helps!”

Anonymous November 29, 2011

“Honestly, it's not so bad - not my favorite thing to drink, especially in such a large quantity, but if you just chug it down 8 oz at a time, it's doable. It does work as advertised - I was on the toilet within an hour. If this is what it takes to be checked out (colonoscopy), it's worth it to make it easier for the doctor to see what he's looking at. Good luck!”

TooTired January 1, 2019

“Gavilyte made me acutely ill the first time I took it 15 years ago for my first colonoscopy and also my most recent in October 2018. Five years ago I used a Miralax prep for a colonoscopy with much better results and no acute illness. In October 2018 the doctor's office insisted I go back to the Gavilyte. I informed them it made me sick. They gave me ONE Zofran for nausea for their TWO stage prep. I got through the first part of the prep that started 4 hours after taking Zofran. But when I started the second stage of taking the remaining half gallon of Gavilyte at 2:30 am the Zofran had worn off and I became acutely ill. Not just with vomiting, but with malaise so severe from head to toe that I was calling out to my husband for help in between head-in-the-toilet vomiting. They called off the colonoscopy and the week of preparation was for naught. Now I have to repeat the process. At least this time it will be with Miralax NOT Gavilyte.”

Magster June 26, 2020

“Unfortunately it didn’t work well for me. I’m 47. Have had growing gastro problems which prompted the advice of colonoscopy. I started it an hour early and took it from 5-10pm. I could not go any faster. I was severely bloated (which is part of my ongoing problem) and it took 3 hrs for the bowel movements to begin. At 2:30am I woke up feeling dizzy. I exploded on the toilet (finally - as they watery stools were slow to come out actually) but then broke out in a sweat and and had to throw my clothes off and everything turned white as I stumbled 6 feet to my bed face down. I passed out and became “deaf” I couldn’t hear anything- not the fan in my room - just the ears hissing and ringing sooo loud that is all I could hear. About 5 minutes passed and I slowly heard the fan and my ears gradually cleared and I was totally limp. I pulled myself up to the pillow as I was sideways on the bed.”

Sosick May 14, 2019

“This is the worst God awful tasting stuff I've ever had. They say you're supposed to drink 8 oz every 10 minutes it's 5:30 I've been drinking this since 2 and I only got half the bottle gone it tastes horrible and it's not working yet”

NASTY1010 January 12, 2011

“This is the same as the other one with electrolyte listed but its nasty; to drink a gallon is horrendous. They need to make a better tasting type of drink or flavor pack or something. I have been suffering from constipation for years and to drink this prior to my test tomorrow is just beyond me. It's been since 9:30 am and I'm still drinking it. The doctors said if you get nauseous etc etc drink it slower and it will still do the job.”

Victoria February 20, 2020

“They KEY to getting this awful stuff down is ADD CRYSTAL LIGHT, and chase it with WARM CHICKEN BONE BROTH.”