User Reviews for Qsymia

Qsymia Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Weight Loss

"Update: It’s been a little bit since I’ve updated but here you go. I’m a 29 y.o female, 5’8”, with a starting weight of 353.0lbs. I began Qsymia on 3/23/17. As of today 4/7/18, I weigh 286.3lbs. For a total loss of 66.7lbs.. I was on the 7 dose of Qsymia until this past March when my weight simply did not seem to be coming off anymore despite my efforts at watching what I eat and increasing exercise. I’m now on the 11 dose and the weight is coming off again with diet and exercise. I knew once I lost the initial weight getting further down would be difficult. That’s just how it goes. Side effects: My hair does come out easily which I’ve heard is a thing with the topamax side of the drug. I freaked out at first but when I learned I wasn’t prediabetic anymore I figured the trade off was okay. It’s not like I’m bald. It just comes out more a bit more easily than I’d like. Anyway... till next time y’all."

Th3Struggl3IsR3al April 7, 2018

"I'm about to turn 50, about 190 lbs, 5'2 and on 10 mg ambien last 25 years. I just can't sleep without it, and then only 3-4 hours only. I am an avid coke drinker, allergic to milk and chocolate so eating or desserts are not a problem. I admit it's the coke and not sleeping. So my doc has me trying qysmia. I've been on it for about 7 weeks. My insurance does not cover it and pretty pricey, but doc thinks this might work and not cause conflict with sleeping pills. Good news I have lost 2 sizes...YAY! I have dry mouth really bad, can't stand to drink coke (would never have thought anything would do that!) I only want to drink water. Most food tastes bad as well. Everything tastes like I am licking a postage stamp. My vision is a bit worse. I have that bad taste in mouth all the time...maybe gum or mints might help...giving it another month and will weigh the pros and cons"

lisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

"I have been on Qsymia for 3 1/2 years and have lost a total of 32 lbs and have kept it off for all this time. This has been the only medication that has helped me to lose weight and I couldn’t be happier. I feel so healthy, so energetic!!!"

Yoyo (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2018

"Age 49, current weight 248lb, 5’6” and size-wise, the biggest I have ever been!! I can’t stand looking at myself, and I feel terrible because of this weight. Today is my first day, can’t post an update yet. Tried Belviq which worked wonders! Lost 35lbs then it just stopped working. Gained it all back but 5 lousy lbs, so I’m trying this. Have already started changing my eating habits, no soda, coffee is a struggle!!! Goal is to dump 45-50 lbs and keep it off."

waeguk-saram March 13, 2018

"The first month of Qsymia I lost 12 pounds. Then that was it. It did NOT take my appetite away. My doctor increased to dosage to 11.25 /69 MG and that did nothing. I decided to just stop the medication after 6 months. I know this could be potentially dangerous but I felt as if I needed to stop since it wasn't helping me and I was exhausted all the time with dark circles under my eyes."

Mrs. Z (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

"I've been taking Qsymia two weeks. I feel like I have my life back. I have a ton more energy. I’m watching what I eat and drinking a ton of water. I lost 10 pounds. My blood pressure actually went down to 111/78"

Lauren A (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

"Hi guys --it's day 1 for me and I'm still feeling hungry. Does it get better. I admit I didn't plan my day out very well, food wise, but hope to do a lot of meal prep tomorrow. Anyway, again, did your appetite suppress immediately or did it take a few days? Thanks!"

moonbeamer (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2018

"36yr/5.5ft Starting weight 178 (Goal 145) Its been one month exactly and I am 10 lbs down. I know that's good but I expected more. I still have not changed my diet nor added any exercise. So! I guess that is good! The only thing I notice is dry mouth and that just makes me drink more water. So, I don't really mind that. I definitely do not eat as much as I use to. If I have pizza - it's 2 slices instead of 3 or 4! It's all I can handle. So I've got a ways to go!"

Twinks36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

"This prescription work well. I had no appetite and more energy. However the side effects with Qysmia is short term memory loss is bad. Slow recall with words. I was hoping the side effects with Topamax in Qysmia would be small however it was not. It made me feel like I was losing my mind. Couldn't remember if I took my meds in the morning or evening. Had to think about my kids names before calling them. Looking at objects and trying to recall the name, like toaster, rolls, car etc. I decided that I did not want this to become permanent so it was time to get off this medicine and try something else. There is other medicine better then this one. Not worth the side effects...."

petula1234 December 29, 2017

"No rating yet. Started Qsymia today weight today 225.6lb....I lost 32lbs by eating better and working out. I no longer fry foods or drink soda for the last 2 years. I only buy chicken and turkey meat. Only bake crockpot and grill. Was doing great until I hit a plateau I did try belviq it helped but after so long it no longer helped. Then I read about Qsymia and decided to give it a go. Wish me luck!! And I hope everyone in this weight loss struggle wins the fight. We got this!!! Have a Happy New Year!!! I'll keep you guys posted."

MochaBrown44 December 25, 2017

"I am 46 years old I'm 5'8" tall and weighed up to 197lb. I was in a 40 DDD bra and busting out of size 14 pants. My shirts were all 1X. This was the biggest I've ever been. I've been working out with a group trainer doing metabolic work outs while on qsymia. Stopped coffee for a month, stopped drinking beer also. Started drinking vodka with club soda instead. I weigh 180lb now. 3 months later. My shirt size is a large. My bra is a 36 DD. And I wear a size 12 pants. No real side effects to the drug. I had a little tingling in my face at first. But it went away. No jitters or anything. Wish it were cheaper. It keeps me on track and very healthy. I do work out at my lunch time M W F. Big difference with this medication in reshaping your body."

River girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2017

"I took Qsymia for 3 months and lost 18 lbs. however my Dr switched me to Belviq because I was having blurred vision/trails, some breathing issues, lack of motivation. When I first started taking I had suicidal thoughts but took an antidepressant that fixed it. I have not started Belviq yet as I wanted to first clear my system of Qsymia and it's side effects however after over a month I'm still encountering its side affects at some degree. I believe my eyesight has was permanently damaged from it."

SheBrakesForRainbows December 13, 2017

"Started Qsymia today (11/4/17). I cannot rate it yet but will post updates as time goes by. Im hoping this works. I'm at my wits end. 57 y/o 199lbs. I heavier then I have EVER been. Heavier then when I was pregnant. I work out and watch what I eat and still can't lose weight. I'm afraid if I don't get rid of some this weight I will become a diabetic. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!"

ICanDoThisNow November 4, 2017

"Update: Started Qsymia on 3/23/17 and today is 10/27/17. Little over 7 months. I’m on the 7.5/46mg dosage. I’m a 29 yo female 5’8”. Starting weight was 353.0lbs. Today my scale said 304.9lbs. 48.1lbs down. The lowest I’ve seen is 302. I’m at a period where my weight is stalling a little. I don’t think it’s because the dosage isn’t working but because this happens ever so often. I’ll lose pretty consistently then get to a bit of a plateau and then lose again. It’s frustrating but I just keep doing what I’m doing and don’t give up and the weight continues to come off again. Again, my diet has only changed in that I eat a lot less food and drink way more water. I’m about to start exercise on a more consistent basis. Till next time!"

Th3Struggl3IsR3al (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2017

"Ok today is my 1st day starting on 3.75mg-23mg capsule. Today is 10/5/2017 and I have the free 2 week trial starting weight is 222lb and I would love to lose at least 50lbs. So far I had a protein shake for breakfast, a salad with grilled salmon and one boiled egg for lunch brought from home and drinking water all day. I will try to remember to check in weekly with updates. I can't rate this yet but I will in a couple of weeks"

StayTrue2Myself (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2017

"Let me start by saying I am 59 years old. Until now, I have not had a problem losing when I needed to. I am not big on diet pills so I was a little hesitant at first. The 2 week free trial helped me decide to give it a try. The first 2 weeks I lost 6 pounds. I lost a total of 45 pounds on this medicine!! and kept it off for a year!! I have recommended it and so far have had several friends go on it an loose weight with equal success. You have to cut back on food intake and exercise. I highly recommend it!!"

Texas Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

"Update: 7.5 kicked in, cravings gone, back to being full right away, and forgetting to eat..should keep a food diary. Now down to 163. I took the 2 week trial and it worked great, no side effects, and I felt great, I went from 185-180 in the 2 weeks, I felt full right away, dehydrated so I was drinking ton's of water, craved no sweets, small portions filled me up fast, now I'm on the 7.5 dosage and I feel hungry all the time, don't feel as dehydrated and the cravings are starting to creep back up. I hope it's a minor set back and it will go away once my system get's used to the higher dosage; insurance didn't cover this so I just shelled out $145.00 for 30 days worth of pills so I hope they work"

scasao (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

"40 year old female. 5 foot 6. 168 pounds. Started taking first, lower dosage of Qsymia on 7/14/17 after putting on 28 pounds due to antidepressant use and not being able to get the weight off no matter what I tried. (I swear it killed my metabolism.) Frustrated, I asked my doctor to try this. On 7/28/17 I bumped up to the higher dose. Been on that for nearly two weeks. It's now 8/10/17 and I'm at 159.9. I am fairly active. I run at least two miles each day, more if my schedule allows. I count calories. I'm ok with the results because nothing was happening before. I'm not obese, but I've always weighed the same until the Prozac so I'm upset and I want my normal weight back (140). This seems to be helping. I'll report back after 3 months"

MotherOfKittens (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

"I started Qsymia July 9, 2017 weighing in at 193.7 lbs. today: 7/27-186.8 lbs. = 7 lbs. I am usually a big coffee drinker in the morning and I decided with this type of med. I wasn't going to add another stimulant to my body. So, I gave up the java! I'm pretty sure that is why I thought my head was going to explode for 4 days. But I powered through it! I experienced a little dry mouth but nothing severe. Just drank a lot of water. I felt the tingling once or twice, then it went away. I haven't been jittery. But I have noticed my eyes get tired looking at the computer, faster at work. I have been doing group training and metabolic workouts 3 times a week at my lunch hour. (45 min classes) pants looser!"

River_girl July 28, 2017

"Starting weight on 6.12.17 was 184.5. Type 2 diabetic with Hashimoto thyroid disease. I was eating about 1200 calories daily and walking 6 plus miles a day I continued to gain weight. After the trial dose of which I had no side effects I had lost 13 pounds. Started 7.5mg dose on 6.26.17. Stuck at 168.5 for 12 days. Eating less than 700 calories a day and still walking 3 to 10 miles. On day 3 of this dosage I started having nausea, tingling in my hands, and upper respiratory cough and throat irritation. I got down to 161 and although my routine stayed the same I started gaining weight. Now at 164.5 again. Discouraged but still trying. Unsure if this is the right answer for me."

DFLovingLife (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

"Started the trial two week period and have lost 9.5 pounds the first week. I know its a lot of water weight, but I feel less hungry and it takes less food to make me full. Medication is working great. No side effects besides dry mouth."

tt53078 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

"I am a 28 year old female and my highest weight was 217 lb I am very active and work out 4 times a week at least but suffer from hashimotos thyroid along with Ibs-c. I have been to a handful of Specialists over the course of 10 years and used to have to run 2 hours a day just to keep my weight stable. My doctor recently added T3 to my regular levothyroxin everyday and I noticed more energy but my weight still clung on. She started me on a two-week trial of Qsymia (while trying to get approval from my insurance company) the first few days I felt foggy and very thirsty. I am now on day 11 and dropped 7 lbs still working out the same I never had much of an appetite and don't eat many fatty foods which is why we looked into this medication"

Melissa r July 1, 2017

"Here is an update. I'm now 29 years old. 5'8. Female. I started Qsymia on 3/23/17 @ 353.0lbs.. As of today, 6/24/17, I am at 331.8lbs.. That's ~20lbs lost in three months. I'm on the 7.5 mg/46 mg dosage. The only side effects are things tasting different, no appetite, fuller faster, and occasional tingling. I'd say I'm just not interested in food like I used to be. I haven't changed my diet too much while taking this medication. I do drink a ton more water though. Anyway, I'm still chugging along on it."

Th3Struggl3IsR3al (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

"I wasn't too over-weight, but my weight was clearly going to get out of hand if I didn't do something about it. I was about 30 pounds to big (197 pounds). My goal is 167. I asked my doctor to prescribe Qsymia; now, I'm 174 after 3 months. My body weight scale just reported that I'm in the 'normal' range for BMI. I know BMI doesn't mean too much, but it felt good. I would like Qsymia to help me fend off routine eating, so I can maintain 167 for long periods of time... that's the goal at least. I have to buy new pants now.."

arbies (52 year old male) (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

"What started as a gallbladder removal July 2016 after being sick for 4 months & weight packing on somehow they discovered I had papillary thyroid cancer. I underwent a full thyroid removal Oct 2016, then a umbilical cord hernia surgery Jan 2017, radiation for the cancer Feb 2017. My diet has been mostly Sprite, oats, strawberries and occasional premade Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes. The weight still kept adding on to me. My cancer/endo doctor added Qsymia to my Thyroid med. Since I started March 15 I have lost 21 lbs. I am not able to work out as I still have a sliding Hiatal hernia I am waiting on surgery for along with another medical issue the medicine does not effect. 48 Year old Female 5'2 want to lose 25 more."

Banana16 June 15, 2017