User Reviews for Keytruda

1 review 6 medications
Summary of Keytruda reviews 4.3 57 reviews

Reviews for Keytruda

Double D · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 7, 2019

For Head and Neck Cancer "I have been on Keytruda for almost 3 yrs. It was just approved by the FDA a month before I got on it. Cancer had metastasized to my spine and hips. No cancer now but arthritis. No side affects."

Shar July 29, 2019

For Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in May. He did not want chemo or radiation, so his Dr. suggested Keytruda, after first week he became weak, rash on back, muscle soreness and swollen feet. At the next Dr. visit three weeks later, he told the Dr. about the side effects, but the Dr. didn't think it was the Keytruda, but an injection he had also received to build up his bone marrow. The Dr. convinced him to continue with Keytruda. After that infusion he had severe muscle soreness. He couldn't walk, had no appetite and was completely bed ridden. We decided then that was the last dose of Keytruda he would have. It has now been approx. 6 weeks post treatment, and the Keytruda is out of his system. He is starting to feel good again, back to golfing and having some quality of life. I know now if he had continued the Keytruda I felt that he would be have died after the third infusion. He will now be with me a few more months or years with some quality of life and dignity. "

Gone · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2019

For Small Cell Lung Cancer "Keytruda very dangerous Med, should not be used unless absolutely necessary; can and will be fatal, ask many questions before taking this med!"

MIssingmyhusband · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I believe Keytruda killed my husband. Period. He was diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer/brain cancer June 2017 and passed away in September 2017. He did not die of the brain cancer, he was still choosing to work, functioning, but days before he died he had several unusual things happen. He went to the Dr. and died that evening from what I believe was heart failure. It was sudden, unexpected. He had 2 series of Keytruda, 3 weeks apart. I believe the "cure is worse than the cause". Caution to anyone who believes this is miracle drug. It is not."

ToyaRuck · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My father was diagnosed with NSCLC July 2018. We were told he was not eligible for chemotherapy and that Keytruda was his best option. My father had his first treatment 1 week later and 2 weeks after treatment he presented to the ER with weakness, severe shortness of breath, restlessness. He was admitted for pericardial effusion. He had his 2nd treatment and 1 week later he went back to the ER with severe shortness of breath, loss of appetite, at this point he had lost weight and admitted for pneumonitis and hypoxemia. My father's health declined so rapidly after taking this medication within a months time. After his 2nd hospitalization his quality of life was minimum to none; was a total assist as he could not do anything for himself. He was placed on hospice 1-2 weeks after his last hospitalization and passed away 1-2 weeks after being placed on hospice. My family and I were given false hope regarding this medication and it killed my father and stole what time we had left with him."

Bigpappa · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2019

For Hepatocellular Carcinoma "I did five treatments with keytruda and my tumors were stable up until the 5th where they doubled in size so I immediately stop keytruda. Now I am currently taking lenvima 10 mg pill once per day we'll see how that works out not very hopeful though seems like I'm running out of options."

NatalieVero · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Keytruda is a killer, my mother was diagnosed with NSLC in March and passed away June 22nd. This so called miracle drug attacked her healthy organs, there’s not a lot of information on the internet stating the facts, more than 4% of people suffer due to this drug. Please consider all your options my moms life was cut short because of false hopes."

His wife June 19, 2019

For Solid Tumors "My husband stage 4 sarcoma ( Lung Epithelioid Sarcoma squamous cell carcinoma ), a rare aggressive form. Appearing in lymph nodes around the lungs and adrenal gland. Large one between the heart and lung, a large mass located on his adrenal gland. Did chemo for 9 months. Tumors between heart and lung and adrenal gland shrunk to 1/3 the size it was a year ago, has not touched the others around his lung but the cancer remains stable. Keytruda is NOT without its side affects, he cannot focus to read much, moody for 2 weeks, after treatments then feels bit better and its time for another treatment. Seems like he has about 50% of the side affects listed, it also caused injury to his thyroid gland and doctor has increased levothyroxine 3 times in 2 months! Arthritis now in his hip and back. Bruising terribly, weakness fatigue, headaches, insomnia, but he perseveres and forces himself not to give in. He is still here with us."

Mamajo · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 4, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "On Keytruda my Tumor shrunk or remained stable for 10 months. Now, after 13 months is growing slowly. I think Keytruda has kept me alive! However recent untreated side effects not addressed by my Doctors are causing grief. My joints are so inflamed I can barely stand. It’s important to be proactive with your Doctors! They’re new to these drugs also!"

MrZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My Keytruda experience is entirely positive. I only wish and hope it helps others like it helped me. Male, 70. My 5cm inoperable lung tumor discovered about a year ago shrank to smaller than 1 mm in size after 3 Keytruda infusions. No side effects. Never stopped riding my bike to the gym. Only stopped 2 days before the surgery. Lobectomy followed. Few weeks later I was told by the surgeon and my oncologist that I don’t have cancer anymore."

Concerned Wife April 12, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband has stage 4 NSCLC diagnosed in 2016. On March 31, 2018 he was diagnosed with a 5 cm tumor on his right frontal lobe of his brain, which was surgically removed. Dr. started my husband on Keytruda May of 2018. All was going good until Nov 29, 2018 brain scan showed 5 tumors on the dura lining around his brain which is inoperable. He had radiation which did get rid of the tumors for now. Dr. kept him on Keytruda. 6 weeks ago, after his Keytruda treatment, my husband got very weak, short of breath and stayed in bed 95% of the time as he was so exhausted from doing nothing. 3 weeks later he had another treatment of Keytruda and the same thing again, weakness, in bed all the time and short of breath. Today he was feeling much better but had to have his Keytruda again today. I will monitor him to see if this treatment kicks him down again. Does anyone have any advise? His Oncologist states that Keytruda is the only thing keeping him alive right now."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 4, 2019

For Melanoma, Metastatic "I had a melanoma on my back, six years later on my lung and three months later on my brain, all successfully removed. I have been on keytruda for 12 months, minimal side effects , scans all clear to date."

Sis · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My father started taking Keytruda and had a massive heart attack after 2 treatments. He had stage 4 non small cell lung cancer but had extensive testing within the prior year on his heart and it was in perfect shape prior to Keytruda. He passed away several months later."

Stinker · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband small cell lung cancer spread to brain. Dr. recommend Keytruda, has had 5 treatments 1 every 3 weeks. Dr says scans and blood work looks good, however he has lots a lot of weight, no energy, can't eat also short of breath. He is thinking of stopping treatment because of side effects. Was praying this would work, however I don't think it is."

Broken · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2019

For Gastric Cancer "My husband had stage 4 esophageal cancer and we were so excited to be a candidate for this wonderful thing called immunotherapy. All the good of it is shared, but the fact that patients die right after starting Keytruda is not being discussed everywhere. His health declined immediately after starting it and passed away after 2nd treatment. He was doing so well and working daily up until he started the Immunotherapy. I regret ever that we chose to believe nothing but great things about it."

AJ · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2019

"My husband was being treated for undefined metastatic carcinoma. The biopsy did not provide enough material for diagnosis and the cancer was spreading too quickly to wait for further biopsy results. His markers indicated he would be a perfect candidate for immunotherapy. He received his Keytruda treatment on a Thursday and died less than 48 hours later."

J C · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 14, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I have been on it for nine months and have had not problem and three clear CT scans. I have stage four small cell lung cancer. Working for me."

bird · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 24, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My friend has had 36 treatments and has not had any side effect. Her treatments are every 21 days she is now cancer free and plans on staying on the treatment for the rest of her life. Her COPD is still bad but she is glad to be cancer free."

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

For Solid Tumors "My wife was given this drug as an option to help with her breast cancer, a week later she passed into Heaven, we were both excited and hopeful for an immunotherapy drug like this, which did nothing to save my Beautiful Wife!"

boppy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 19, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "After chemo and radiation treatments I was given six months. My Dr. got me into a keytruda study. After eleven months of keytruda treatments I am considered in remission. I write this because I debated taking keytruda because of the bad reviews. So sorry for the people that didn't have good results, but keytruda was a blessing for me."

Broken · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Husband with stage IV lung cancer died within one week of treatment #3 of Keytruda. He was 90% positive for the PDL1 marker. After 2 nd treatment he started a rapid decline. He died of a massive lung infection. I am devastated."

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "It gave me extreme diarrhea and terrible stomach pain. If I could go back and not take this medication, I would. I discontinued it after 30 days."

Grieving sister · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My sister’s doctor talked her out of having chemo for her stage four lung cancer and into having Keytruda treatments. It did absolutely nothing for her and the cancer spread like wildfire within a couple weeks, to her liver, adrenal gland and spine. She was admitted into the hospital for severe pain and died five days later. I am heartbroken and angry that her life was shortened by doing essentially nothing but gave her false hope in a totally ineffective drug. They might as well have given her a sugar pill. Keytruda needs to be taken off the market!!"

grieving wife · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2018

"My husband has lung cancer metastisize and is dying before my eyes because of ONE keytruda infusion. Within 20 minutes he became dazed, disoriented, could barely walk. This keytruda attacked his liver, kidneys, heart, and who knows what else. Liver number was 1080, up from a normal 30 - 40. His kidney and heart numbers were equally bad. This drug continues to destroy his body. Now he sits in a dazed condition because of the pain and medication needed to control this pain. I know it works for some but this ketruda is stealing my loving husband from me."

Upset · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mom tested as PDL1-70, and Keytruda was used to treat. Immediately after her 2nd infusion, her muscles were affected, sore and swollen. Her heart started to beat erratically, then shortness of breath. After 5 day of doctors treating her with steroids, then having no idea what to do or how to treat her, she passed away - while suffering. No cancer was present via CT scans performed the day before she passed."