User Reviews for Keytruda to treat Small Cell Lung Cancer

Keytruda Rating Summary

1.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Small Cell Lung Cancer.

Reviews for Keytruda

Daddy’s Little Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2020

“Father was not a candidate for Chemo, so his last option for treatment was Keytruda. He constantly had pneumonia. Three months after his treatment with Keytruda he was hospitalized with Pneumonia. Developed heart erythema, cough, blisters deep in his throat, hoarseness, could hardly speak. Hospital tried “magic mouthwash” “lidocaine lollipops” several antibiotics. Nothing worked. I believe it burnt his lungs up. Was scheduled for PET scan, but passed away 5 days before. I am convinced Keytruda killed him before the cancer did. Once damage is done, it can’t be undone. Please way the options before starting this expensive treatment.”

MichaelN May 14, 2020

“After first infusion, immediate aggravation of my arrhythmia to the point of having episodes daily unlike ever before. Developed a persistent cough which made speaking difficult. Also shortness of breath. Mentioned arrhythmia to my oncologist who was not inclined to blame Keytruda for the increased frequency, although arrhythmia is a known side effect. Three weeks later second infusion, everything worsened to the point of debilitating weakness. Researching Keytruda, I discovered It is NOT the wonder drug touted by so many. Alot of side effects, failing health and death. Prior to keytruda, I experienced myself daily as healthy although diagnosed with lung cancer and infrequent arrhythmia. Today my quality of life is so little that I have decided to discontinue treatment. A third infusion might very well kill me. It's just not worth it. While Keytruda does seem to help some, it seems to injure many more, like myself.”

Michelle · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2019

“My mom died a few days after her treatment of this medicine. Her liver shut down and then her other organs. I would not recommend this until you thoroughly understand the side effects and what it does.”

Shar July 29, 2019

“My husband was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in May. He did not want chemo or radiation, so his Dr. suggested Keytruda, after first week he became weak, rash on back, muscle soreness and swollen feet. At the next Dr. visit three weeks later, he told the Dr. about the side effects, but the Dr. didn't think it was the Keytruda, but an injection he had also received to build up his bone marrow. The Dr. convinced him to continue with Keytruda. After that infusion he had severe muscle soreness. He couldn't walk, had no appetite and was completely bed ridden. We decided then that was the last dose of Keytruda he would have. It has now been approx. 6 weeks post treatment, and the Keytruda is out of his system. He is starting to feel good again, back to golfing and having some quality of life. I know now if he had continued the Keytruda I felt that he would be have died after the third infusion. He will now be with me a few more months or years with some quality of life and dignity. ”

Gone · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2019

“Keytruda very dangerous Med, should not be used unless absolutely necessary; can and will be fatal, ask many questions before taking this med!”

Learn more about Small Cell Lung Cancer