User Reviews for Patiromer to treat Hyperkalemia

Also known as: Veltassa

Patiromer has an average rating of 3.8 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Hyperkalemia. 33% of those users who reviewed Patiromer reported a positive effect, while 67% reported a negative effect.

Patiromer Rating Summary

3.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Hyperkalemia.

17% 1
17% 1
67% 4
vindo January 23, 2021

Veltassa (patiromer): “Awful stuff,severe constipation,even after taking a stool softener refuse to continue taking”

Rusty · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2020

Veltassa (patiromer): “My potassium had hit the roof about 6 months ago. Each blood draw showed 6.1-6.3 levels of potassium in my blood. 1st Doctor put me on LOKELMA for 3 months, but best I could do was a 5.8 level in my blood. I tried to explain to that Doctor that I had been eating right, few foods with potassium, but it was futile. Went to 2nd Doctor and explained problem. Doctor put me on Valtessa immediately. After first 24 packets, possibly a few more, blood draw showed level of 4.2 level of potassium in blood. Incredible. Valtessa really works. However, while only annoying, my body varies from extreme constipation to diarrhea, And blood Pressure has constantly soared 30 points higher after taking Veltassa (not a listed side-effect). All in all, this med works for me.”

D · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2020

Veltassa (patiromer): “ Week 1 severe and extreme constipation and wasn't able to pass gas first day of week 2 was a Friday couldn't stop using the bathroom until the following Friday started out solid all the way to clear liquid even had to miss dialysis for three treatments on Monday Wednesday and Friday had to make up at least one treatment which was on the Saturday when it finally slowed down in the bathroom and the amount of pain was excruciating for a week straight it was a very bad idea for me and did nothing for my potassium good or bad”

BRW March 1, 2020

Veltassa (patiromer): “Used Veltassa 8.4 for 2 months at a cost of $845.00/month. My potassium level went from 5.0 to 5.6. For me this product dosen't work at all. I spent $890.00. You would expect it to work. There were 5 people in our group trying to lower there potassium levels. None of the people in our group had their potaasium levels lowered. Your company is selling an inferior product. The only thing that got lowered was our pocket books.”

smily · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

Veltassa (patiromer): “Used Veltassa for 10 consecutive days and and tested twice for potassium. No change was observed. While 5 day use of SDS marketed as Kionex brought the potassium to a normal range after consecutive 3-day use and another test after 2-day use with a day break in between.”

FRED, M.D. May 22, 2018

Veltassa (patiromer): “Long term user of Kayexalate for progressive renal failure with recurring increased K+, waiting for renal transplant, with warnings of GI complications with chronic use by previous and current Nephrologists! Evidence of hyperkalemia as high as 6.2 on labs drawn periodically probably due to unknown high K+ dietary indiscretions. Have been using veltassa 8.4 Gm, daily. Used minimal amount of ice water with equal amount of ice cold apple juice then added contents of package to the fluid in a cocktail shaker, shook vigorously, and swallowed two times after shaking. Occasionally added additional ice water to mix and swallow residual--NO BIG DEAL! Occasional GI gas without being sure that it was from the veltassa-worked well, stabilized K+, and now off daily dose, but take an occasional dose when concerned about dietary indescretions.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2017

Veltassa (patiromer): “Diarrhea to the point of total liquid, and you feel like your guts are falling out!!! Major passing of gas like I've never experienced before!!! you can have this stuff!!! Not staying on it anymore!!”

Learn more about Hyperkalemia