User Reviews for Tagrisso to treat Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Tagrisso has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 24 ratings for the treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. 54% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 29% reported a negative experience.

Tagrisso rating summary

6.7/10 average rating

Compare all 82 medications used in the treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.

Reviews for Tagrisso

Nic · Taken for 1 to 2 years · July 6, 2021

“I have been on Tagrisso for 18 months. Tumor has shrunk considerably and some places no longer show up on the PET scan. I have been very lucky, side effects have been very small. This medication has been a godsend for me. I was at stage 4 when the cancer was discovered. I will continue to take this medication as long as possible. And am thankful every day!!!”

Chad · Taken for 1 to 2 years · November 17, 2020

“Hello everyone, I assume you are reading this because you or someone you know is or possibly will be taking Tagrisso. I have stage 4 non-small cell EGFR EXON 19 Lung cancer. I am writing this a year after starting Tagrisso. This medicine is the magic pill. I now understand why my oncologist called it just that. After 3 months my main mass shrunk 60% a number of the smaller lesions are no longer showing in the CT or MRI with contrast. The negative things with this med is worth the positive things. One negative is how my digestive track it not happy when I first started the medicine and when I was taken off of it for surgery and went back on it. I also lose weight and started to drink Ensure to help my weight stay above 169. As someone mentioned I also get mouth sores more frequently than I did prior. And the last thing is adult acne on my face and shoulders.”

Judy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 11, 2019

“I have been on Tagrisso for 4 mths going on 5, My tumors have shrunk to 1/2 the size and they have down graded me from stage 4 to 1. Amazing. It does cause bowel issues so you have to be careful of that, I've also noticed an extra dryness in my mouth especially at night when I'm sleeping so I keep a water bottle right next to my bed. Also changes at night my glasses are very ineffective I have to take them off. Super great and blessed not to have to take chemo! I thank God for this pill every day”

Pedro · Taken for 5 to 10 years · December 25, 2020

“Hi , I’m from Australia, I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in August 2015 , I was offered to go on a clinical trial , which was my only option at the time , after the trial had ended I was told the drug was Tagrisso , it has been able to shrink my tumour , so that it does not show up on a CT scan , Tagrisso has been a life changer for me . As I’ve been on it now for over 5 years , I do get a scan ever 12 weeks to check on it .”

Poohbear · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 2, 2019

“Been on Tagrisso over 6 months - was diagnosed with stage 4 NCSLC and after only 3 weeks of taking Tagrisso lesions started to disappear and tumors shrinking including in the brain! I’m so thankful for this medication - saved my life!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 2, 2021

“I’ve been taking 40mg since Dec 2020. I do have bowel issues but I take a laxative that helps. I don’t have much of an appetite but I drink protein shakes. I do get the occasional blisters on hands and sometimes in my mouth. I do have adult acne. So far it has shrunk my cancer. It hasn’t had enough negative effects to make me want to stop. So far so good. I’m tired but I’m also stage four, so... god bless.”

luch · Taken for less than 1 month · July 21, 2020

“I have stage 4 non small cell lung cancer with EGFR mutation. I received Tagrisso for 15 days. My persistent cough and pleural effusion disappeared within those 15 days. However, I experienced severe side effects necessitating hospitalization. On my 2nd to 4th day, I had severe left arm pain radiating to the back, neck, and jaw. Then, I developed mouth sores and high fever up to 103 degree Fahrenheit. I had generalized weakness and body rashes. My doctor had to stop my treatment after 15 days. It was effective but serious side effects on me.”

Kumar · Taken for less than 1 month · March 6, 2021

“My father diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer recently and started this medicine and in 4 days his oxygen saturation level reached 96-97, no oxygen support required anymore . Cough is gone..seems working. We are hoping for best in coming days”

Appreciative · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · December 22, 2020

“Side effects can be very difficult and repetitive but I believe I am saving my life. I have experienced almost all of them and presently suffering from mouth sores for an extended period of time i.e. several sores weekly, clear two days, back for another two weeks etc. I am of course very tired constantly but continue my positive happy attitude of being a recipient of Tagrisso which allows me to keep my life in forward and let Tagresso contend with lung cancer. I would appreciate reading other reviews. Thank you”

Lserv · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 9, 2022

“Started 80 mg Tagrisso in November 2018. At the time I was Stage 4 metastatic. An oncologist (not my regular oncologist) had told me to prepare for the worst. After being on Tagrisso for 2 1/2 months as of January 2019 my scan was clear!!! My CT scans ever since have not show any sign of tumors. I’ve been on a reduced 40 mg dose daily for over 1 1/2 years to reduce mild side effects. I have occasional fatigue but that is a small price to pay. Thank God and thank you Tagrisso. November 2022 will be 4 years.”

Love Tagrisso · September 8, 2021

“My mother had stage IV adenocarcinoma with mets to the bone and brain and after 10 months on Tagrisso with even a month taken off for Covid infection is now completely free of disease. Her only side effects are muscle weakness.”

Grandma to 6 · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 7, 2022

“My cancer history started with breast when I was 68. Lumpectomy and radiation successful NSCLC adenocarcinoma DGFR Mutation Exon 19 discovered in 2013, age 71. Tarceva worked for a time. Sadly Stage 4 hit strong when I was 75 ... Right lung, mediastinum, pleura lining. Was given Tagrisso 12/20/19 along with chemo and it worked well - remission for almost a year. Sadly, even with continued inhibitor use (80m daily) and minimal sides, my cancer has returned and chemo begins next week, 1/11/22 No more Tagrisso for me. I'm 79 now and still a cancer warrior.”

Alice · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 22, 2020

“I have taken this drug Tagrisso for 7 weeks now. I have stage 4 lung cancer with metastasis to my adrenal gland. I’ve done chemotherapy and radiation prior to taking targrisso. The radiation was done only on the tumor on the lungs, which have shrunk the tumor significantly. However the adrenal gland tumor increased in size and that’s when the doctor recommended Tagrisso. I’ve just got the results back from my PET scan that was done after 6 weeks on Tagrisso. However the results weren’t that great. The tumor on my adrenal gland increased in size as well as further metastasis to other regions like lymph nodes & kidney. I am hoping that this is because this drug only takes effect between 6-12 weeks. I’m hoping it will take effect very soon as I’m currently on week 7.”

Hope · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 30, 2022

“3/29/2022 On 12/13/2020, due to severe abdominal pain, swelling and bloating, I was seen in Emergency Room, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-small Cell Lung CA; mets. to the liver, diaphragm, and abdomen (omentum carcinomatosis) according to radiology report. Also CT scan pos. right pleural effusion and abdom. effusion. Fortunately, MRI of the brain was negative for mets. Test EGFR positive. 01/01/2021, I started Tagrisso 80mg one daily. Since I started Tagrisso, follow up CT Scans have shown promising results (tumors in the lungs, abdomen, shrunk, almost undetectable; on the liver two consecutive scans showed it was stable. Plueral effusion scarce and abdomen effusion not visible. However, I have a couple of side effects, including loss of weight -35 lbs, no appetite at all, sometimes nausea, dizziness, constipation, nails-brittle, peeling, breaking, dark skin color, forgetfulness. What makes it hard to function is fatigue, weakness, and muscle pain, lots of pain in right rib cage and left buttock. Never smoked!”

Mel · Taken for 1 to 2 years · January 13, 2022

“Tagrisso comes with some side effects, but for me personally, the benefits far outweigh any side effects. I have been able to live a normal, active lifestyle and have been able to continue working. When I first started the medication, I did have a little stomach upset. I found taking it at night was best as I slept through that side effect. The only ongoing side effect I have experienced is very weak, brittle nails and the skin on my fingers splitting. Nothing I haven’t been able to deal with. All of my tumors shrunk by 50% in the first 6 months and now I am stable. I have been on Tagrisso for almost 2 years.”

My experience · Taken for 2 to 5 years · January 9, 2022

“I started taking Tagrisso October 31, 2019 and I'm 62 years old now. I had the EGFR mutation for non small cell adino carcinoma. I have experienced only minor side effects including; thin nails, cuticle cracks, acne, lack of energy and dry skin. All easily managed. Acne only lasted first three months. I had a right lung resection to remove a small tumor in August 2019. I had steriotatic radiation for a small tumor in my brain July 2019. I have not had chemotherapy. Taking one pill a day is such an easy treatment. Thus far, no new tumors anywhere! People are suprised to learn that I have lung cancer. Just glad to be here!”

Mark · Taken for less than 1 month · January 13, 2021

“My ex-wife and mother of our children had lung cancer and her doctor prescribed Tagrisso and for 2 weeks she seemed to feel better and then everything went south!! Every side effect that could happen did. Within 2 weeks we lost her and no sorry or oops our mistake. No answers or accountably for this If anyone can help us please reach out to me via this platform!!”

Estenia Garcia · January 3, 2021

“Tagrisso is a very bad medication my mother died on these and no one will answer my questions. My Mother was forced to take these by her doctor at the hospital. The doctor said my mother had to be patient because Tagrisso was good for my mother, but my mother passed away.”

Josh · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 26, 2021

“My mother has NSCLC with EGFR mutation. She had a lobectomy performed to cut out the tumor that was very successful. She had 3 or 4 rounds of chemo. Cancer metastasized to her brain where 4 lesions formed. She had stereotactic radiosurgery to target the lesions in summer of 2020. The lesions shrunk and have not grown since. She started Tagrisso soon after around late August 2020 and has been on it for the past year. About 2 months ago she started to lose hearing in one ear. Treated it with steroids, but she ended up losing her hearing completely. 3 weeks later she lost her hearing in the other ear completely. Got a Cochlear implant 7/21. Over the past 6 months she has had episodes of memory loss and extreme dizziness that is constant. She also had Covid in 11/20 and had J&J shot 4/21. Doctors don't know what is causing the dizziness or memory loss, but one doctor thinks Tagrisso. Anybody else with these symptoms of dizziness and memory loss?”

Mae · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 24, 2019

“I have stage 4 lung cancer and have taken Tagrisso for 4 months. My cancer is now inactive. I’m still taking the pills and will have scans every couple of months but this feels amazing.”

mira · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 24, 2020

“Amazing results. 90% tumor shrinkage lung tumor within 6 weeks. No side effects.”

Guna · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 24, 2019

“My wife passed away after 2 months because of this drug. She could not breath last 2 days of her life. This is a dangerous drug”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · December 20, 2018

“Father passed away with only 3 weeks of taking this medicine”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 13, 2021

“A family member of mine was on Tagrisso for 5 weeks before her symptoms got worse. She started medication in April and passed away in June.”

Learn more about Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer