User Reviews for Docetaxel

Also known as: Taxotere

Docetaxel has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 22% of those users who reviewed Docetaxel reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Solid Tumors  Off-label 6.0
Breast Cancer, Metastatic   5.0
Breast Cancer   3.7
Summary of Docetaxel reviews 4.2 10 reviews

Reviews for Docetaxel

DO · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 12, 2021

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “This is a dangerous drug and caused me so many permanent side effects that have made my life change for ever. Had I understood this prior never would I agreed to have this medicine pumped into my veins!”

Anouska · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

For Breast Cancer: “I had BC recurrence of original tumour grade 3 Triple Neg 2016 (previous lumpectomy and RT 2014) this time mastectomy and chemo. Treatment was 4 rounds of FEC followed by 4 rounds Docetaxil all 21 days apart. I reacted as expected I guess, always so careful to prevent infection but unfortunately had neutropenia sepsis, pneumonia and suffered hair and nail loss, bone pain and severe fluid retention leading to breathlessness and fatigue. 2 years on after completing the entire course I'm still fatigued and breathless with strenuous exercise but have returned to work and enjoy being alive.”

Rebagirl November 21, 2017

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Solid Tumors: “Doing 6 rounds three weeks apart. Also getting Perjeta and Herceptin. Have hair loss, heartburn, facial rash, weight gain, bowel issues occasionally. Overall first week after treatment is tough. Terrible taste in my mouth from this drug, and that is difficult to tolerate as most foods taste awful. Only one more treatment to go, I can't wait to be done with this. I do get tingling in fingertips, like they are asleep. Doesn't last too long.”

Lizzie5 December 24, 2016

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: “My first IV chemo after taking the AI's. I took 3 cycles with a 10 point drop in tumor markers once only and then they started to rise again. CT scan showed worsening of cancer. Bones were stable but not effective in peritoneum. I have lobular cancer which was in remission for 15 years before it returned. This treatment did not work for me. The side effects very predictable and easy to deal with for the short time I took it but I'm noticing painful nails now.”

Ccer September 13, 2016

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Solid Tumors: “I had a hysterectomy in December of 2015 & was diagnosed at a stage 1a with Leiomyosarcoma (rare form of uterine cancer) . I was also given gemzar at the same time as taxotere. 4 cycles altogether. (every 3 weeks) My side effects were hair loss (yes - eyelashes & brows), some nausea, skin peeling of hands and feet, severe edema and shortness of breath, fevers, bone pain and muscle aches. It has now been 4 months since that drug was given to me. I had to follow those 2 drugs with 4 cycles of Adriamycin (which was like taking a baby aspirin compared to taxotere). I completed my chemo on July 28th, I have had 1 cat scan come back clear, so I get checked every 3 months for 2 years. I was scared at first, but now that I made it through, I am thankful I chose treatment.”

MAMABEAR82104 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2016

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: “I had some horrible side effects. All my hair, eye lashes and eye brows fell out. I have super thin hair now, no eye lashes and hardly any eye brows. I had 4 treatments with this drug. At that time, I experienced severe pain that I had to go to the ER for, all of finger nails and toe nails fell out. I also had what seemed to be chemical burns on my hands and feet. My skin peeled off to reveal red sore skin. I also had infection at my cuticle sight on my all of my fingers. Though I have been in remission for 4 years, the side effects were awful. This was my second round of chemo. I had a first treatment with a different drug, 3 surgeries and then this chemo followed with radiation.”

kalakak April 22, 2015

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: “Hands and feet swelled. Feet swelled from wearing a size 7 shoe, needed to wear a size 8.5 until the swelling dissipated. I only had one session of Taxotere before my oncologist stopped this treatment. I believe that there were about 5 sessions scheduled before I experienced these side effects. I received it in Spring of 2005!”

LMuckey February 11, 2015

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: “Had 4 treatments 3 weeks apart. Symptoms still hanging on a month after completion are wrinkled fingertips and a slight feeling like I touched a hot cookie sheet. Very sensitive to spicy foods as tongue felt burnt too.”

JKK01 June 5, 2013

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I was given this medication with Pergeta and Herceptin for 4 cycles. The 1st cycle proved to have the most side effects, nausea, constipation, heart burn, readness, and tired.”

Anonymous November 9, 2011

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: “The side effects (well for me ) were unbearable. I had tingling in my feet and finger tips. Sharp pain from my finger tips to my wrist. I had sharp pain from my toes to my heel. It caused Thrush in my mouth. Caused trouble swallowing and chewing.”