User Reviews for Niraparib

Ovarian Cancer
6.5

Summary of Niraparib reviews 7.1 17 reviews

Reviews for Niraparib

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "Update my mom has gone back on Zejula at her two week bloodwork check her ca-125 numbers are great No issues with her platelets. She is feeling great and she appetite is ok. So far so good. She is taking two pills a day. I hope this gives some of you some hope."

Supermom (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 19, 2019

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "Just an update my mom’s scan came back clean after her second go round with Chemo. There is probably some hidden somewhere. Ca-125 number was 18 after her last treatment. Doctor has her taking a month off we go back June 3rd, at that time she will probably go back on Zejula again. I will keep you updated."

Supermom (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 30, 2019

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "My initial experience with Zejula was terrible, plunging platelets and other blood components, fatigue, joint pain, dry mouth, sleep disruption, more fatigue. I could not handle my work or my life. Had to have two transfusions. Tried two hundred mg. I watched carefully this time. Then precipitous drop in platelets and other key blood components again. Intolerable fatigue. Had allergic reaction to one of the transfusions. My optimism was sapped. Started 100 mg despite these experiences eleven months ago. Persistent anemia, depression, fatigue and joint pain. Now tardive dyskinesia. Still hoping."

Lia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2019

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "I weigh 143lbs and started taking Zejula 300mg when platlets reached 100. I had all of the side effects during 1st week and could not function at all...very sick. I stopped for 2 weeks to recover then started 200mg. Still have same side effects but not near as bad and I can function somewhat. CA125 is rising. I wonder how long it takes for Zejuka to start working."

Jean2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2019

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "This is a story to give you all hope. My active young mom was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer at the age of 79. She became very ill after the second treatment. She developed a blockage where she was hospitalized for 10 days. I really thought I was going to lose my best friend. She fought back, spent her 80th birthday getting chemo and finished the treatments. She had the Chek2 gene mutation and started Zejula 2 pills a day. She handled the medication well with very little side effects. Her Ca-125 numbers started to rise 15 months later. She was monitored for the next 2 months and at that time had a new scan. This time it was “only in her lungs”. She was a “healthier” cancer patient this time. One large dose chemo regiment was given next. She got to celebrate her 82 birthday this January during her treatments. She was given her ca-125 number before her next to last treatment yesterday and it was 22. I still have my best friend because of this drug. Thank you."

Supermom March 13, 2019

Zejula (niraparib) for Fallopian Tube Cancer: "I have been on Zejula since May 2017. I was put on Zejula after a reoccurrence of a Stage 4 Fallopian Tube Cancer. I started with 300 mg, but experienced severe platelet issues after 5 weeks. The dose was reduced to 200mg, but again had platelet problems after 4 months. I have been on 100mg since November 2017 and have had no significant issues. I sometimes experience minor joint pain and fatigue. My Ca125 remains at 8-9. I continue with all my daily activities, including water aerobics, walks (4-6miles), and busy family and social life. For now, Zejula is effective and without significant side effects."

Marie (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2019

Zejula (niraparib) for Fallopian Tube Cancer: "I have been on this drug now for a year after chemo as a participant in clinical trial. I started out at 300 mg then dropped to 200 mg after 6 months and now steady at 100 mg. I am not a large person so they tell me that one of the findings in the test is to now dose by weight. When I first started I took the drug in the morning and had nausea so I started taking before bed time which solved that issue. The biggest side effect for me has been WBC drop at higher dose so now just waiting to see if I can remain stable with WBC on the 100 mg. I am BRCA neg and CA 125 stays around 4. I am thankful there are clinical trials out there to try and keenly understand that each person differs in drugs reactions."

BA (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 16, 2018

Zejula (niraparib) for Peritoneal Cancer: "Have been in a zejula clinical trial for about seven months, maintaining on 100 mg . The higher dose affected my platelets and wbc's too badly. I have anemia on the 100 mg but honestly do not notice it, and I have no other side effects at all. We'll see how effective it is, but for now my CA-125 is steady at around 11. This was after front line treatment. So far I'm happy with it."

sally (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2018

Zejula (niraparib) for Fallopian Tube Cancer: "I was diagnosed with stage 4 fallopian and peritoneal cancer (BRCA1 positive) with an initial CA125 of 3490. After chemo I was in remission for 2 years and then had more chemo for a recurrence. Afterwards I went on Zejula and have taking it for about 16 months. The initial dose of 300 mg per day gradually caused numerous side effects including fatigue, weakness, sleeplessness, increased blood pressure, back pain and then finally I had to have a blood transfusion and go off the drug for a month. I resumed at 100 mg per day and all the side effects disappeared except the sleeplessness and blood pressure, and even those side effects were less severe. For the last 6 months I have been on a dose of 100 mg just 3 times per week. We moved to Canada and Zejula is not available here so I have been stretching out my supply. Throughout the 16 months , my CA125 has remained steady in the 7 - 8 range. I will soon be changing to changing to Lynparza which is available in Canada."

creeker (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 5, 2018

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "I had very low platelets and I was unaware of that. Symptoms: gum bleeding, join paint, I was tired, some problems to sleep, high blood pressure. CA 125 went up, tumor grow, this medication did not worked on me. 3 pills every day at the same hour. I do not have nausea or vomit."

OVC 3rd Recurrence & Met (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "I started with 300mg nightly. After 5 nightsI reduced it to1 00mg per night. Side affects were terrible. I basically could not function. Blood pressure high, then low. Dizzy and could not breathe without extreme difficulty. Blood work remained ok. Am off of it completely for one week and back to normal. Never want to feel that way again. Another blood work up tomorrow and to re-visit taking it again. I do NOT want to. Yes, worse than chemo."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "I have been using zejula for three months already. Results are very good. Ca 125 test showed 101000 and now its 34000. The problem is blood results. Hemoglobin was 9.2 and doctor reduced zejula from 300 to 200. Now blood tests are good. When I started taking 200 my Ca125 started growing. A month ago my result was 250000. Side effects? The first week was terrible. Vomiting, tiredness ,couldnt eat and sleep. My heart also was beating . Right now I feel rather good.Sometimes have high blood preasure but it is possible to control."

Virginija (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2018

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "This Drug has been a blessing for me , I have been on it now for 11 months with very little side effects, once my Doctors figured out the right dosage I have felt good, I take one pill every other day, my Ca125 has came down to a safe range so needless to say it is killing the cancer, today my ca125 is at 14"

Dawn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2018

For Ovarian Cancer: "The only side effect I have had is insomnia, but at times this is a real problem. [3-4 h/night when I have to go to work the next day]. Otherwise I don't feel like I am on a medication except when I take it at night. Platelets OK throughout so staying at 300 mg at night. So far my CA-125 is within normal limits, but it is getting slightly elevated in last 2-3 months [from 9 to 15 to 21]. I don't know if this is related to other inflammation and my gyn-onc isn't sending me off for a PET scan yet. I am happy with it so far. Biologics gets it right to me when my refill is due."

Clear Cell (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

Zejula (niraparib) for Peritoneal Cancer: "Diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian cancer, which started as peritoneal, 2015. 17 months remission then cancer returned (peritoneal) A few months ago started Zejula. I had very, very mild side effects for about 3 weeks. Dull headaches, fatigue... but that was about it. I was very lucky my body took to it well. Stopped taking anti-nausea pills when side effects stopped. I’m rating this an 8 only because I haven’t been taking it long and don’t know if my cancer will return, therefore knowing if the Zejula will have prolonged remission. I was told before I started that if I did have problems they would drop down to 100mg until I got used to it then gradually up it to the 300mg. So there is that option, but so far so good."

Katie122 January 19, 2018

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "This drug is killing me. I would take chemo over this drug in a heartbeat. It has caused me the worst weakness I have ever felt. I have been taking 300 mg daily for almost 3 months and already had a transfusion. The worst part is that my ca125 is slowly creeping up. Additionally, since the drug is so new, there is not a lot of information out there that I can relate to. I feel like this drug will kill me before the cancer does. It has taken my strength to the point that I can't enjoy the things I've always enjoyed in the past...even during all of my past chemos."

VCW22 December 13, 2017

Zejula (niraparib) for Ovarian Cancer: "Had every side effect listed.."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017