User Reviews for Rogaine

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Rogaine.

Alopecia
6.1

Not Listed / Other
3.3

3 reviews
Summary of Rogaine reviews 6.1 20 reviews

Reviews for Rogaine

For Alopecia "I started Rogaine and Propecia about a year ago. I apply Rogaine 2x a day morning and night. I have noticed thickening of my hair and I do have a 6 month before and after picture my dermatologist took. She said I am her "poster child" for this treatment... we were both very excited! I have absolutely no noticeable side effects from either medication. Sex drive is the same as it was before medication. I also use Regenpure DR, NT, and conditioner. I wash my hair once daily as it is needed because the Rogaine foam creates a stiffness of my hair (like gel would if applied) and I have a problem w/ dandruff. My dermatologist prescribed me triamcinolone acetonide lotion to help with itchiness which I apply with a Qtip. (1/2)"

JMC41996 July 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "It is effective - I noticed less hair in shower. But I had to stop because it makes my head itch and I end up loosing hair because either I am scratching or brushing. I must be sensitive to one of chemicals. I had the same problem with 2% solution. I have to look for other way to keep my hair - I envy those who can tolerate. :("

oldladyQ June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "What a nightmare this has been for me. After 3 months of using rogaine, my desire to have sex has gradually dissappeared. It has been 2 months since I stopped it and nothing has changed. This side effect is not even listed as a possible reaction. And how long has this been on the market? I simply cannot believe that this poison has not been removed from the market or asexuality mentioned as a possible outcome of this. I have no idea when I will recover and if I will recover. I'm seeing a dermatologist soon. I hope he doesn't simply tell me that this is all in my head or not related to rogaine because he will not like my reaction. I am terrified...I don't know what to do about this. I plan on contacting lawyer about this"

Duvo May 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I have been using rogaine for almost a year now for my stress related hair loss and it took a while to get any results. I didn't see much until the fourth month and at that time it was little fuzzy baby hairs along the hairline. Now at 11 months my hair has grown about an inch. It's a slow process but you will see results. My problem is the price. Its cheaper to get it at the store then online, but you have to be vigilant and look around for the lowest price (time consuming) "

Slimlatin March 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I used a little more than recommended to cover all thinning areas.maybe 75% of the cap each time. For the first few weeks there was shedding and then growth of hair throughout scalp (crown and most of top scalp) at month 3 to 4 of usage but at same time (month 3 to 4 of usage) , I experienced extremely low libido. I have completely stopped the medication for 3 weeks now and I think I am recovering. Thanks."

User 2525 March 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I have used the topical on my receding hairline. Twice a day- within two weeks I got a horrible headache that lasted 3 days. Stopped treatment. Started again once a day this time. Same effect. About two weeks went by then got headache again. Stopped treatment. The second time, I used much less. Maybe a 1/2 Tbl total. I weigh 115lbs."

JanetPaul February 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been using Rogaine for a period of 4 months and no change was noticed at all! It was prescribed by my GP in Toronto and really had a strong hope to have my hair regrown! Because it is an ineffective product, I stopped using it! It is such a waste of time and money!! I have no faith in Rogaine anymore! I recommend you take your time deciding whether to use it or not before buying it."

Honsberg (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I used it for 8 years and I still kept losing hair. If it is good why are there so many movie stars that are bald? For those that it does not grow hair for will be told you are one of those 20% that does not work."

Larrynorogainworks December 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "Been using Rogaine for about 4 months, experiencing scalp itch on the spot and behind my ears. Hope it goes away."

Lexi919 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used this for one month and I was devastated when the medicine left me shedding much much more hair than I had before. People told me to stick it out because that's what it's supposed to do. I'm terrified to lose more hair since my hair is already so thin, so I stopped using it. No one warned me it could get this bad."

.. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started using Regaine for women 1 month ago. My hair was thining at the top fron fringe area and when the spot lights shone i could see my scalp. I can see no results yet but i suppose itrs probably too eraly."

Celticwoman (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I noticed after I had finished my chemo and got rid of my hep c type 6c . I started seeing lots of hair on the bathroom floor after blow drying. It was coming out in droves, mainly from the front and sides . This was in 2012, sep My hairline was receding, I started getting bald spots in the front and sides. I also noticed that my hair was very weak.I started using Rogain 2012 I saw an advertisement about Rogine for men. I was 63 at the time . Before my chemo I had lots of hair. When I picked up the box I read on the box that it will not grow hair on the frontal lob. I said to myself this will work, the same way I said about my chemo. Well it did work front and sides. Made my hair stronger too"

Scorp077 February 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I started to notice thinning in the front of my hair in my late 30's. Recently it was more than I wanted. So I went to a major pharmacy and retail chain and purchased the generic Rogain extra strength. For the first month there was no change. But I heard that it really doesn't start working until the second month of applying it to your scalp. Next week is officially month two. I applied Rogaine twice a day, once in the morning, and once before I went to bed. This last week I noticed more hair growth. It works. Granted it wasn't like I suddenly had the hair of a 15 year old boy. Where my hair was thinning it has grown in and the folicles appear thicker. I gave it a 7 out of ten, because the growth is not a huge amount, but there is some"

Typical Male (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I have been using rogaine foam for 4 months. It is unbelievable how much this stuff has worked for me, it took 4 months to really be able to tell. I use twice a day. I had thin hair all over and have applied all over my scalp and in most places it is now a little bit thicker. I wear my hat less. Slowly gaining confidence back, I'm excited everyday when I wake up to see a fuller head of hair rather then cringing at the mirror first thing in the morning."

30 yrs old September 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I bought a 3 month supply and used it as directed. I got a buzz cut before I started applying Rogaine so all my new hair could grow with the old hair. After 6 months, my hair was fuller, thicker, and my bald spot was filled in with my own, NEW hair. I felt like a new man. Then, I stopped using Rogaine, (because I had new hair growth & was satisfied), and within a few months, all my NEW hair (and then some) fell out in the shower, combing & brushing my hair, and regular daily activities. Now, I've decided to lose my hair with grace. Rogaine WORKS, but DON'T STOP USING IT OR YOUR HAIR WILL FALL OUT!!"

JerryComedian (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "This will work if you are patient. I kept on losing my hair until I tried Rogaine. It was the only thing that saved me from losing most of my hair. I was hesitant to use this at first and did not see signs of regrowth until 7 months. I kept on using this product and all my hair grew back in. I can only suggest you try this, I know how hard it is to look in the mirror everyday and see more and more hair loss. Using Rogaine brought not only back my hair but my self confidence."

Anonymous October 12, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "It works, just be patient. Been using it for 8 months, and my hair is thicker. I use it twice a day."

catnotdog August 17, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "Did not work well in the spots where I rubbed, but noticed extra rapid growth of facial hair, nose hair, eye brows and ear hair. A few unpigmented hairs grew on hairline where it was one full, but they were not very strong/healthy. "

Anonymous January 29, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "I started treatment 6 months ago and have been rubbing this on my head twice daily. I have new hair growing on the top of my head and it is noticeable although it is very thin (partly because I'm blond). As for the front right and left I can see white peach fuzz. Overall for me and I stress me the cost vs results are unbalanced. I would recommend for others, as it does work but, takes a long time and is costly."

tom hellmue November 25, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alopecia "This product brought new growth. It took a little while but have regrown hair back and front. I was having great anxiety over hair loss because I am only 22, however I feel so much better and look like my old self again. Would recommend."

lee k June 12, 2008