User Reviews for Metformin/saxagliptin

Also known as: Kombiglyze XR

Diabetes, Type 2 4.7

Reviews for Metformin/saxagliptin

edzbimmerz · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2018

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was ok with metformin and taking it since 1997, and my new doctor switched me to kombiglyze XR, now I'm having foot pain, upper respiratory infection and left eye redness and pain.”

Janice · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2018

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was taken off this medication due getting chronic pancreatitis. Please look up the symptoms for chronic pancreatitis, type 2 medication can cause this awful disease.”

WRC · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2018

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Ineffective, blood sugar readings have actually gone up, lethargic, chest and shoulder pain, memory loss. Don't recommend.”

MeMe72 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2017

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I was taken off Invokamet and started Kombiglyze/metformin and my normal waking sugar has usually been a little high (140-180) but after being on this it's in the 200's and 300's waking and stays high most of the day (even with small doses of humalog). It's been crazy and am looking at changing to something different now :/”

Missy Prissy · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2016

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have dizziness, and lightheaded most of the time. On the other hand, my blood sugar is significantly lowered by about 90%. I still have work to do.”

rafatulmanzoor April 24, 2016

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Dr prescribed this medicine with lots of confidence, and my A1c was 8.8. Sugar levels dropped, but I had a horrible time taking it. Within the 3 weeks that I took it, I had woken up at least 5 times in the middle of the night with severe acidity and nausea, with constipation. Felt like I would die. Had to ask the doctor to stop it.”

SudhaharN December 10, 2015

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “This has been a great drug for me since I started a month ago. I have been diabetic for past 1.5 years.I first used Insulin for a month and then Triglynase 2mg, Zoryl M2. I usually hit low sugars when I took zoryl m2. But now with kombiglyze 5/1000, I am feeling much better”

Tuborg · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2015

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Chest pain increased Vision changed for the worse. Hallo around lights at night. Creatine ,serum went up. Bun/Creatine ratio went up.”

southernwoman July 16, 2015

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been on kombiglyze xr for 3 years and have never felt better. All other drugs caused stomach pain & diarrhea. First two years my doctor added glimiperide then Lantus 40 units. After changing my diet I'm off glimiperide & only using 12 to 14 units of lantus, working on getting off completely. Oh & I've lost 30 pounds. No more night sweats or high & low blood sugars. Did I mention my blood sugars have dropped from 7 to 6 on my A1C! Two in a row! Hope by next year I will be on 2.5/500 kombiglyze xr once daily. After 8 years finally something that has worked for me!”

PIZZA MAN,,,,,, · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 25, 2015

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Sugar - 117, and some times it will spike to 254 for a half day, can't sleep, no energy, joint pain, intense ankle pain. Have to wear custom made leather braces. Limits my walking to 5-10 minutes, tired of the foot pain, joint pain climbing up stairs in out car.”

laffy taffy June 20, 2014

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been taking since May and I am sick every day. I have never felt this bad taking any medication my doctor is going to have to put me on something different.”

Ndunkem May 22, 2014

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “My doc just wanted my A1C to go down from 6.0. After years of glucophage, he changed me to this great pill. It has been 2 weeks + and I have not felt so strong and healthy. Besides little stomach discomfort an hour after I take it, my morning blood sugar reading has gone from 130 to 105 and below. In another 2 weeks, I will know my new A1C reading. I think I am going to love this medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 19, 2013

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have minimal side effects and my sugar levels went down.”

Maureen M · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2013

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Doc put me on 2.5 mg, with little results but side effects. Raised it to 5mg and I feel worse. I am using sample packs and insurance will not cover. I have noticed improvement in my sugar levels but I have felt worse now having started the pills. Nausea, soft stool, headache, dizzy. All of these and sugar reads only 152. Also, I don't feel rested when I'm sleeping.”

Dr. West's office October 4, 2012

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin): “This medicine is great, our patients no longer have to worry about if they miss a dose because it's taken once a day.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 9, 2012

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “Dr. put me on this and within 3 months my A1c went from 6 to 8.6. Continued for 6 more months and blood sugars are high.”

Anonymous January 27, 2012

Kombiglyze XR (metformin / saxagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: “I have never felt as well on any other medicine or been able to keep my sugar level as consistent as it is now through out the day.”