User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 5)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"I've been on it for 2 week and lost 20 pounds already I started at 4 click in, now I'm at .6 But you do feel sick and very tired it's constant and I burp all the time My doctor said take it before bed because the worst part will be finshed by the time you wake up I don't really like food that much after OR anything really sugar not even my Pepsi :( and I would just eat because I'm bored now I don't even feel like it I was 280 Now 260 I hope to be at 170 one day "

AliRobertson (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

"I struggled w/ weight sense my 20's i got upto a whopping 220, my small 5'4 frame did not hold it well. I finally found a Dr who properly diagnosed me. My medication regime :metformin, spirlactone, Invokanna& May 2015 she added Victoza. It took me 3 weeks to get to 1.8mg injections & in about 6 weeks my clothes were hanging off me. I went from a 10/12 to a 6! I felt better & of course looked great @156. The last 6 months I have been eating way 2 much to the point of sick to my stomach, I never ate like this b4. My issue was my body wasn't breaking down sugars & my insulin was all messed up. So now I'm 170 & depressed I see my endo Dr 3/8 & hopefully she will start me on Contrave or something to loss these 15 pounds. Still need the victoza"

His Mommy February 23, 2017

"I'm starting Victoza tomorrow.. I will start at 1.5mg. I need to loose a lot of baby fat... I will not tell you what I weight as it's embarrassing. My goal weight is 80kg by 26 May, my 35th birthday. Wish me luck."

Pinkpound February 22, 2017

"I'm post menopausal, so losing weight is almost impossible. On Victoza I'm down 45 lbs. without any dieting or exercise. I was so sick from side effects for the first month or so, which was when I lost the most weight. At first it turned me off food completely so that I just couldn't eat. In time, the headaches and nausea subsided, and I could eat normally, except the feeling of fullness made me eat less. Slowly I've lost weight. I tried to stop taking it to rev up the weight loss again, but I put weight back on, so I'm not stopping until I feel like I've got my weight completely under control. It's a crutch for me, but it slowly works without dieting or exercise. If I can lose another 30 lbs, exercise should be easier, which will help."

LouLouS February 20, 2017

"I started to take Victoza 0.6 mg for weight loss, three weeks ago. After jumping through several hoops with insurance to cover the med, I was hopeful and excited to start this med and get results. First day was awful; headache, fatigue as I have never experienced in my life (shoulders/back/neck), nausea (like at sea), dizziness, blurred vision, constipation, GI issues I've never experienced before, dry mouth/dehydration, nightmares (when able to sleep) night sweats and insomnia. I tried to stick it out (2 HORRIBLE wks) in the hopes the side effects would subside; they got worse. I ended up passing out; hot/cold clammy sweats as if hypoglycemic, yet was not (140). I was taken by ambulance to the ED where I was given 2L fluids... BEWARE!"

Absolute WORST side effects! February 18, 2017

"Holy crap, I just figured out why everyone is losing so much weight taking Invokana! You see, if we're all so sick with severe nausea, vomiting & diarrhea, we're too damn weak from dehydration to even consider shoveling those pork chops in...yeah? Am I right? I lost 43 pounds in 9 weeks, I'll take it AND the near-death side effects... *Yeah, I know, taking massive doses of laxatives is probably cheaper, but there's no settlement on the horizon with those, so I say we all just suck it up! U know eventually the FDA will figure out the drug company lied like 'usual' and covered up the deadly side effects. Eventually, we'll all be thin & wealthy. Woohoo! I'm in!"

ThrowsTools (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

"I have been using 1.2 mg for 15 days. I lost 8 pounds. However, I am on a diet (no carbs) as well. I would like to know by other people experiences if it works well without rigorous diet. It has been hard to not have any carbs."

LizSan86 February 15, 2017

"I'm on 0.6mg dosage and have been on it for a few days. Lost 4lbs. Happy with that. Hoping to loose more. I am watching what I eat and exercising."

Mo025 February 7, 2017

"I was on Victoza for about a little over a year. I had lost 128lbs . it worked great for me. I went off to see if I would gain it all back. To be honest I didn't add exercise to my daily routine as I worked in construction at the time.( I am a female) . I didn't diet. I am not the best example to learn from. My weight loss was strictly from the effects of Victoza curbing my appetite. Anyway..after agonist 3years being off...I didn't gain any weight back until my mother was dying and I think I was stress eating.. I gained about 60lbs. I'm getting ready to start Victoza again."

Jdolphins666 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 30, 2017

"I started taking Victoza on October 30, 2016 weighing 221lb & by January 20, 2017 I had lost 29lb. I take the dosage 3.0, have changed my eating habits slightly (less fried foods), & I don't exercise. I've had no adverse side effects, I just stay full longer & no longer crave sweets. My only complaint is that it's so expensive even with insurance."

Debsidoo January 28, 2017

"I'd been on Victoza 1 or 2yrs back, but w/no results. This time around, I'm on Victoza & Invokana, and I've lost about 8lbs since starting them 5 days ago. Except for a slight desire to eat in the AM, I've lost almost all appetite. I'm nauseous almost all the time, tho', and had to actually vomit on the 3rd day. But, because I used Victoza in the prescribed way the 1st time around, my doc suggested to start at 1.8, which may be why I'm so nauseous. I've to drink lots of water because of the Invokana, but after drinking I feel like vomiting... I just realized that the nausea from drinking water has subsided since the 1st few days, so I guess the general nausea is lessening, too? Hard to tell, especially w/no appetite."

Lianabanana (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

"So I was 290 when starting this about 4 weeks later and have lost 20 pounds. Everybody is different, I was fine first week then when increased to 1.2 was very nauseous and absolutely no appetite. When increased to 1.8 I could not handle was continuously vomiting so went back down to 1.2 for now. Still appetite is nonexistent and have to eat very small "meals". It is basically trial by error, you have to see which foods your body can tolerate while on this med. I am happy so far with results as I feel this is exactly what I need to get out of some unhealthy eating habits."

Snwprncss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

"2 weeks - 9 lbs 1st week: no Victoza, only diet - lost 2 Kg (4.5 lbs) 2nd week: 0.6 mg Victoza, a little exercise - lost 2 Kg. Found it pretty impressive, since this isn't water weight anymore! The first days I was very thirsty, always had a bottle of water around... Would feel hungry a bit in the morning, but if I just wait a few minutes it would go away and then I wouldn't be hungry for the rest of the day. Eating well / healthy though, but not very much. On the 7th day had more appetite, but I believe it was because I went on 2 days with no carbs at all, I don't think it was the drug effect "wearing off" Today is the 1st day of my 2nd week with Victoza, went up to 1.2 mg, no side effects so far. Will def eat more fibers this week."

DRBR2017 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

"I'm taking victoza I was fine until I went up to 1.8 and it made me sick I had all the side effect on the list I didn't loose weight but was sick as a dog. Does anybody else feel like me.."

Neecey069 January 8, 2017

"I've been on it for about two weeks and I started at around 310 lbs and my usual weight is around 285 and even that was too high for me at 6'2". Anyway I feel full all the time to the point where I feel a lack of hunger but I haven't weighed myself lately and I don't know if my belt size has reduced. Maybe it has but I do feel a change for the good. I'll keep on this path because I feel more confident and want to see where this goes."

Craig wuttunee December 22, 2016

"I started taking this on Nov 3rd, 2016 for weight loss at the suggestion of a new Dr. I am not prediabetic but over 100 lbs overweight. Age 46 I went back for my follow up on 12/12/2016 and had lost 13 lbs. I did experience nausea the first few days. This medicine reduced my appetite. Rating 8 out of 10 because I'm still early in the process. Will report back"

Andi T (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

"Started this med on 11/18/2016, Nausea, headache, and sleepy. I have been on the borderline for over ten years. Annual physical, u must take off 40-60 pounds, diet and exercise I could only remove 25. The first week down 7 lbs. Appetite is completely gone, have to force myself to eat and drink. Take more naps, drink more smoothies, hard time emptying bladder...Overall, sleep better, feel lighter and clothing bigger. However, it has only been about two weeks. Me and personal trainer start workout next week."

Chappelle November 28, 2016

"I stared taking the sister medicine of victoza which is saxenda OMG for the first week at 0.6 I was very nauseated, diarrhea, constpation and abd pain. I stopped taking then 3 weeks later she prescribed victoza the first week was fine no S&S the second week everything hit me at once nausea, and pain, diarrhea, and constpation I stopped taking it. It has been 5 days and I'm still ill the constpation is horrible along with still being nauseated. When will this go away and oh the belching will not let me sleep! I will not recommend this medication to anyone. I will never take it again!"

Nauseatedx10 October 3, 2016

"Stops the hunger craze..have lost 20 lbs in 3 mths..no side effects..best wt.loss drug i have tried."

Leeanie September 24, 2016

"Started taking Victoza, a week ago 0.6, after injection I feel slightly nauseous..it pass and then I became full.of energy, I had to move so I walk 3 miles a day, my energy last all day, and my appetite has completely disappeared, I make myself eat, and dry mouth is another symptom for me, so that encourages me to drink more water..my fibromyalgia is in remission, wen medication wears off, I have muscle aches, but I also have low vitamin D, I don't think I will be taking this forever or everyday I started last week at 162, I am now 156, my BMI.is at 150..so when I reach my goal I will do once a week for maintains."

Steffen38 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

"I've been on the drug for about 10 months. Lost 46 lbs. I find that it no longer supresses my appetite. In talks with my doctor we have decided to come off the drug for 2 months. See how my weight is and go from there. Not sure if/when I start to take it again it will again supress my appetite. Time will tell. I exercise regularly - 5 to 6 times a week. I had absolutely no side effects. 6 months in doctor did all the blood work tests. He was extremely pleased with the results. Good luck"

Daslt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

"I have PCOS diabetes and tons of pain in my body every day. Victoza, since I have been put on it a week ago I have lost 18 pounds, my appetite has been suppressed drastically no other side effects except for feeling great that I'm finally losing weight after over 5 to 6 diet tries for years this is the only thing that has help me so far I'm so thankful for this medication for the doctor allowing me to try it out!!"

Rachlynn (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

"Follow up...I'm about 1week and 3 days in and I have lost 12.2lbs! I can notice that my appetite is suppressed but no crazy headaches or other side effects. Today I battled with constipation so I will increase my fiber. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the results and will try and incorporate some exercises to maximize my results! Stay tuned! #victoza"

TrayD35 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

"After many years of steadily gaining I topped out at 330 lbs. I wanted the bypass surgery but family was not on board. After changing doctors and seeing a new Endo, she suggested victoza and I am very grateful. I just came back from my 3 week follow-up and so far I've lost 14 pounds. My appetite has subsided and there are many times where I know I'm hungry but I just can't eat. Terrible gas and diarrhea so I need to be careful from eating fruit and too much cereal. Portion control is easy because I cannot finish the plate anyway. I went up to the full dose mistakenly the end of the first week and that was not good. I went back to the middle dose and I will challenge the higher dose in a couple of weeks. Good stuff. Happy."

Charlie59charles787694 August 26, 2016

"i am using victoza about 6 weeks and its a magic medicine, i am taking .6 every morning and my appetite is under control, i am really watching my diet and healthy controlled portions helped me to loose 14Kg in 6 weeks.. facing the side effects Nausea, dizziness,but it worth facing it because i am really fed up of my wight problem, i don't have to use Insulin injection any more.. and my sugar levels are between 115 - 140 fasting and 160-190 after meal.. I will continue with Victoza..."

Peace71 August 1, 2016