User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 5)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"I started the victosa 20/3/17 I have been taking it for a few weeks now was on 0.6 and now I have increased to 1.2 I had some side effects like nausea and constant sulphur burps they calmed down after about a week I am over 10 pounds down in nearly 3 weeks and also feel full throughout the day and night :)"

Emz 1 April 9, 2017

"I just started on 0.6 victoza two days ago. No side effects whatsoever. Feel great. But I feel full all the time - not just full but stuffed. I aim to lose 125lbs.. I'll keep you posted."

Gal175 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

"I started a two week trial of Victoza prescribed by my Dr on 3/8/17. I was nervous about giving myself injections as well as the side effects. I started at 0.6 but after no side effects I increased my dose on my own to 1.2. I lost 8 lbs after 9 days but it kept fluctuating 1-2 lbs. I grew skeptical and started to believe this was too good to be true. After a 30lb weight gain in the last 7 months from stress eating, my appetite was finally under control so I continued with the injections. My insurance appvd the drug and last week my dose was increased to 1.8. Today is April 3, and without diet or exercise, I am down 12.5 lbs (in about 3 1/2 weeks). I'm excited and can't wait to reach my goal weight of 165 lbs. Good luck!"

Faithful-E (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

"5'4 start weight 251 lbs. Started Victoza March 8, 2017 and lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I was put on this medicine because I was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I also have a thyroid disorder that I've been dealing with the pass 10+ years and have had difficulty with weight loss. It slightly decreases my appetite but I am still hungry. I don't forget to eat, I just don't have the constant hunger. Most of the time I don't even feel the needle stick. When I do feel it, it's painless. In the first 2 weeks, I may have had some heart burn or acid reflux type symptoms but that was only for a couple of days and not severe, very minor. I haven't exercised in the two weeks since starting because of another issue but will start back this week."

TeeBee125 March 26, 2017

"Hi, following up.from my post on 3/14/17. So I started victoza on 3/6/17 which was 2 weeks and 1 day ago as of today, I went to the dr today and have lost 15lbs. I have no side effects and am on 10 (clicks) of the pen. I still have no desire to eat and have to make myself. Still having to find things that I want to eat. I've had the same things I posted early. Chicken, lean beef, lots of veggies, no carbs and lots of fruit and water (when I eat). I can excited to see what the next 2 weeks bring."

NanaD2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

"I tried Victoza 0.6 a few months ago, had severe dizziness 24/7; stopped. Wanted to try it again, as I have to lose weight and am insulin resistant. This time started at 0.3 (5 clicks). Had the headaches (head, neck), burping + some nausea, but stuck w it for 3+ weeks before moving up to 0.6. After 2+ wks of 0.6, I'm now at 0.9, largely w/o side effects except constipation. My endocrinologist says the best weight loss is at 3.0, but at 0.9, I'm absolutely seeing wt loss (6 lbs in a month) and noticing distinct lack of hunger. I'm cautiously giving it a rating of 8, because it still beats amphetamine-like appetite suppressants. If you have trouble, start very low and take your time moving up; so far, I believe it's worth it."

movin' south (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

"I started victoza on 3/6/17 and have had a great experience so far. No side effects and it suppresses my hunger all day, I have to make myself eat and it doesn't take much to fill me when I do. I just don't want food and have had to find certain things that I can actually eat and like because it just doesn't taste the same anymore. I am drinking plenty of water though. I'm excited to see how much weight I can lose with this along with watching what I eat. No carbs, lots of greens and fruits I do allow myself 3 to 4oz of chicken or lean beef aday."

NanaD2 March 13, 2017

"I started Victoza 0.6mg on 03/04/17. I have experienced severe nausea, and have vomited twice in the first week. I just increased the dose to 1.2, and the nausea has only gotten worse. I am down 5lbs in the first week. I would like to continue for a month to see if the side effects lessen, other wise will not be able to continue."

Tammy20 March 12, 2017

"I just started Victoza yesterday. I have only felt sleepy about mid afternoon. Not sure if that is a part of side affect or not. I can tell you I woke up this morning and have not be hungry in the least. However; knowing I need to have something I forced myself to have a salad for lunch. I became very sleepy after eating. I am drinking a lot of water. I hope to see a significant reduction in weight especially since I'm up to close to 300 lbs although, it doesn't really show that I would be that heavy. I am very hopeful, and I also am watching my carbs. The reviews of some I have read have encouraged me. Looking for a new me with in the next couple of weeks and months. I have only given a rating of 1 since I have just started."

Queen Diva7 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

"I'm just starting on .6. I've been on it for 2 days and I've already noticed the total lack of desire for food. My goal is only 25 lbs. so I'm combining it with the gym 3-4 days a week. I'll certainly come back in a few weeks to keep you all posted. Good luck to all."

Mother of 4 in SC (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2017

"I've been on it for 2 week and lost 20 pounds already I started at 4 click in, now I'm at .6 But you do feel sick and very tired it's constant and I burp all the time My doctor said take it before bed because the worst part will be finshed by the time you wake up I don't really like food that much after OR anything really sugar not even my Pepsi :( and I would just eat because I'm bored now I don't even feel like it I was 280 Now 260 I hope to be at 170 one day "

AliRobertson (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

"I struggled w/ weight sense my 20's i got upto a whopping 220, my small 5'4 frame did not hold it well. I finally found a Dr who properly diagnosed me. My medication regime :metformin, spirlactone, Invokanna& May 2015 she added Victoza. It took me 3 weeks to get to 1.8mg injections & in about 6 weeks my clothes were hanging off me. I went from a 10/12 to a 6! I felt better & of course looked great @156. The last 6 months I have been eating way 2 much to the point of sick to my stomach, I never ate like this b4. My issue was my body wasn't breaking down sugars & my insulin was all messed up. So now I'm 170 & depressed I see my endo Dr 3/8 & hopefully she will start me on Contrave or something to loss these 15 pounds. Still need the victoza"

His Mommy February 23, 2017

"I'm starting Victoza tomorrow.. I will start at 1.5mg. I need to loose a lot of baby fat... I will not tell you what I weight as it's embarrassing. My goal weight is 80kg by 26 May, my 35th birthday. Wish me luck."

Pinkpound February 22, 2017

"I'm post menopausal, so losing weight is almost impossible. On Victoza I'm down 45 lbs. without any dieting or exercise. I was so sick from side effects for the first month or so, which was when I lost the most weight. At first it turned me off food completely so that I just couldn't eat. In time, the headaches and nausea subsided, and I could eat normally, except the feeling of fullness made me eat less. Slowly I've lost weight. I tried to stop taking it to rev up the weight loss again, but I put weight back on, so I'm not stopping until I feel like I've got my weight completely under control. It's a crutch for me, but it slowly works without dieting or exercise. If I can lose another 30 lbs, exercise should be easier, which will help."

LouLouS February 20, 2017

"I started to take Victoza 0.6 mg for weight loss, three weeks ago. After jumping through several hoops with insurance to cover the med, I was hopeful and excited to start this med and get results. First day was awful; headache, fatigue as I have never experienced in my life (shoulders/back/neck), nausea (like at sea), dizziness, blurred vision, constipation, GI issues I've never experienced before, dry mouth/dehydration, nightmares (when able to sleep) night sweats and insomnia. I tried to stick it out (2 HORRIBLE wks) in the hopes the side effects would subside; they got worse. I ended up passing out; hot/cold clammy sweats as if hypoglycemic, yet was not (140). I was taken by ambulance to the ED where I was given 2L fluids... BEWARE!"

Absolute WORST side effects! February 18, 2017

"Holy crap, I just figured out why everyone is losing so much weight taking Invokana! You see, if we're all so sick with severe nausea, vomiting & diarrhea, we're too damn weak from dehydration to even consider shoveling those pork chops in...yeah? Am I right? I lost 43 pounds in 9 weeks, I'll take it AND the near-death side effects... *Yeah, I know, taking massive doses of laxatives is probably cheaper, but there's no settlement on the horizon with those, so I say we all just suck it up! U know eventually the FDA will figure out the drug company lied like 'usual' and covered up the deadly side effects. Eventually, we'll all be thin & wealthy. Woohoo! I'm in!"

ThrowsTools (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

"I have been using 1.2 mg for 15 days. I lost 8 pounds. However, I am on a diet (no carbs) as well. I would like to know by other people experiences if it works well without rigorous diet. It has been hard to not have any carbs."

LizSan86 February 15, 2017

"I'm on 0.6mg dosage and have been on it for a few days. Lost 4lbs. Happy with that. Hoping to loose more. I am watching what I eat and exercising."

Mo025 February 7, 2017

"I was on Victoza for about a little over a year. I had lost 128lbs . it worked great for me. I went off to see if I would gain it all back. To be honest I didn't add exercise to my daily routine as I worked in construction at the time.( I am a female) . I didn't diet. I am not the best example to learn from. My weight loss was strictly from the effects of Victoza curbing my appetite. Anyway..after agonist 3years being off...I didn't gain any weight back until my mother was dying and I think I was stress eating.. I gained about 60lbs. I'm getting ready to start Victoza again."

Jdolphins666 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 30, 2017

"I started taking Victoza on October 30, 2016 weighing 221lb & by January 20, 2017 I had lost 29lb. I take the dosage 3.0, have changed my eating habits slightly (less fried foods), & I don't exercise. I've had no adverse side effects, I just stay full longer & no longer crave sweets. My only complaint is that it's so expensive even with insurance."

Debsidoo January 28, 2017

"I'd been on Victoza 1 or 2yrs back, but w/no results. This time around, I'm on Victoza & Invokana, and I've lost about 8lbs since starting them 5 days ago. Except for a slight desire to eat in the AM, I've lost almost all appetite. I'm nauseous almost all the time, tho', and had to actually vomit on the 3rd day. But, because I used Victoza in the prescribed way the 1st time around, my doc suggested to start at 1.8, which may be why I'm so nauseous. I've to drink lots of water because of the Invokana, but after drinking I feel like vomiting... I just realized that the nausea from drinking water has subsided since the 1st few days, so I guess the general nausea is lessening, too? Hard to tell, especially w/no appetite."

Lianabanana (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

"So I was 290 when starting this about 4 weeks later and have lost 20 pounds. Everybody is different, I was fine first week then when increased to 1.2 was very nauseous and absolutely no appetite. When increased to 1.8 I could not handle was continuously vomiting so went back down to 1.2 for now. Still appetite is nonexistent and have to eat very small "meals". It is basically trial by error, you have to see which foods your body can tolerate while on this med. I am happy so far with results as I feel this is exactly what I need to get out of some unhealthy eating habits."

Snwprncss (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

"2 weeks - 9 lbs 1st week: no Victoza, only diet - lost 2 Kg (4.5 lbs) 2nd week: 0.6 mg Victoza, a little exercise - lost 2 Kg. Found it pretty impressive, since this isn't water weight anymore! The first days I was very thirsty, always had a bottle of water around... Would feel hungry a bit in the morning, but if I just wait a few minutes it would go away and then I wouldn't be hungry for the rest of the day. Eating well / healthy though, but not very much. On the 7th day had more appetite, but I believe it was because I went on 2 days with no carbs at all, I don't think it was the drug effect "wearing off" Today is the 1st day of my 2nd week with Victoza, went up to 1.2 mg, no side effects so far. Will def eat more fibers this week."

DRBR2017 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

"I'm taking victoza I was fine until I went up to 1.8 and it made me sick I had all the side effect on the list I didn't loose weight but was sick as a dog. Does anybody else feel like me.."

Neecey069 January 8, 2017

"I've been on it for about two weeks and I started at around 310 lbs and my usual weight is around 285 and even that was too high for me at 6'2". Anyway I feel full all the time to the point where I feel a lack of hunger but I haven't weighed myself lately and I don't know if my belt size has reduced. Maybe it has but I do feel a change for the good. I'll keep on this path because I feel more confident and want to see where this goes."

Craig wuttunee December 22, 2016