User Reviews for Victoza to treat Weight Loss (Page 2)

Victoza Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Victoza

"I started Victoza 1.8ml dose on 5/22. 5 days later I have lost 10 lbs. A little nausea and stomach ache but nothing I can't handle. I have absolutely no appetite and to desire for food. Love Victoza so far."

Momof5 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

"Victoza did wonders for me; not only helped aided in weight loss but has me feeling super energized during the day. Overall I'm pleased with Victoza. Noticed slight nausea during my trial period but that's subsided after about 5 days of usage. My appetite has significantly reduced and made it easy for me to eat clean (mostly plant based meals and lots of H20..NO gluten or dairy). I've lost a total of 15 lbs in 3 weeks along with regular exercise and diet. Victoza is truly amazing:-)"

Fabulous_Scorpio01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2018

"The plunger on the Victoza pen is not reliable. I have been using this medication for over a year and so far I have had to discard three pens because they are rejects. Not to mention the cost of replacement. I have taken the pens to the pharmacist and they can not get the pens to function either. As there are no representatives on the road it’s a dead end. I am going to ask my doctor for an alternative medication as this drug applicator is not reliable. Trust this feedback is a heads up for other users."

Lala April 8, 2018

"I started 3/26 and it is day 3 and I have had to force myself to eat. I am overly fatigued. But as a truck driver I really need to get my weight under control . I will keep you all posted! Good luck"

Truck driver (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

"The first time I took Victoza I was 53, 60 lbs overweight and lost 8 lbs quickly then it dropped off to 1/2 lb a week. I was disappointed so I quit taking it. I'm now 55 and am 75 lbs overweight. What I found was that by NOT taking it, I was gaining 1/2 to 3/4 lb every week. I've been back on it for about 6 weeks and have lost 14 pounds. I am consistently losing 2.5 lbs a week. Not as much as I would like, but as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm happy. I started off with 0.6 dosage at night before bed and when I wasn't feeling nausea, I clicked it up by one notch. I'm now at 1.8 dosage and doing well. I find the cravings have completely disappeared and I eat 1/2 as much as I used to (and I never though I over ate to begin with). I still have 60 lbs to go, but I'm hopeful I will finally get this weight off."

GoingthruMenopause (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

"I have been using this drug for over 6 months.I would like to see a more reliable plunger/ needle. I have found the plunger jams and it’s very upsetting to have to stab yourself mutiple times.I have taken the plunger to my pharmacy and they have attached a larger needle and eventually we get the plunger operable."

Lana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2018

"I was above my recommended weight since my childhood after I got my periods. years after years I accepted that I'll remain like this forever little I know the side effects of being overweight. Somehow I got married but faced problems in my marriage due to my weight so book an appointment for my endo. She prescribed me this medicine. I have been taking this medicine for last 3 days and so far so good. Except nausea all looks good. I hope everything will be fine the way it turned out for you guys :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

"Side effects are better, have increased to .08 once a day, have lost 9# since 1/27/18 very pleased with results."

Irene March 13, 2018

"Since I've been on victoza as 2/5/18, my symptoms have been mild, I have experience constipation and very bad heartburn and tiredness & mild headaches. I'm not sure if I need to complain but it's a little irritating. But my appetite has decreased my blood sugar numbers are down."

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

"I started victoza at a dose 0.6 on 1/27/18. Some side effects nausea and burping, anyone have any suggestion for this or certain foods to eat. I'm pleased with my results so far have not increased dose yet.It really curbs your appetite. I went off of it for a couple of days and appetite increased tremendously."

Irene (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

"Started Victoza on Jan 28/18 1 week at 0.6 second week 1.2 third week 1.8 and started 3.0 today. I had some headache and fatigue the first week but pressed on. I take it at 8pm thinking if I was to have any side effects I would sleep them off. Seems to be successful. I find my appetite hasn't changed and haven't noticed a difference in my weight. I'm taking Victoza to help with my A1C levels, 6.4 which is leading me closer to being diabetic but I have struggled with weight. I've been turned away from gastric bypass twice because I'm apparently on the lower end of the weight scale. I've completely changed my eating habits, went vegan and exercise daily. But nothing changes. I'm extremely frustrated. How long do you have to be on this to notice if its working? I started 3.0ml today hoping that with a steady increase and I've actually made it to 3.0ml the weight loss will start to happen. Just tired of the struggle. Any thoughts??"

Alchemist_hunter February 26, 2018

"I started Victoza on 02/09/2017 0.6 and I’m down 7 lbs . I had a really bad headache all day about the second day but the next day I was fine . I’m now on 1.2 ! I’m a big snacker especially at night. Well all day I work in a office and I sit down for 10 hours a day so all I did was snack on unhealthy snacks last which caused my sugar to be through the roof but I’m happy I’m on Victoza"

Tiffany B (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2018

"Checking in with update: 5 weeks in and I’m down 24 pounds. Dosing at 1.8mg the max administered by the pen. Using bd ultrafine 4mm needles and they are very comfortable. Effective drug for me. Nausea over, appetite largely curbed and really striving for spending calories with more nutrition in mind. Riding stationary bike for about 10 minutes a Day too. Have noted I have more energy as well. Hope the trend continues."

Mark-air (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

"I started taking victoza for weight loss 3 weeks ago. I have not experienced any side effects other than severe heartburn - likes it wakes me up heartburn. I have been taking tums and the occasional Zantac. I am a little disappointed in the weight loss aspect. I have only lost 3lbs but I do have to say my appetite is much less. I’m not grazing all day and I’m trying to eat better foods. I am going to continue in hopes that my weight loss continues at a faster pace."

Rachelc1014 (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2018

"So far so good. On my 1st week. I've definitely noticed a significant decrease in my appetite as well as my overall wellbeing. I've tried numerous times to lose weight and failed, I have faith in Victoza and looking forward to results. Keep you posted on my progress soon. Good luck everyone:)"

Chrissy84 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2018

"Approached use with a bit of apprehension following reviews posted here by other users. (Thanks to all who share stories here and to site host drugs.com). Prescribed product for weight loss following obese diagnosis by Dr. after trying diet and exercise alone unsuccessfully. First 3 days were as described by user many - nausea, headache, constipation and irregular sleep. Experienced gradual improvement each successive day after that period and now on day 11 with diminishing side effects. Have lost 12 pounds thus far on the journey to lose 75. So far it works for me. Definitely curbs appetite and supports eating less. Using a fiber supplement to help with constipation and it seems to work. Will post again in 14 days with an update."

Mark-air (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

"I started Victoza 0.6 two weeks ago. I learned the hard way how to avoid being sick. I gave myself the first shot and didn't realize the dial goes back to zero. I gave myself another shot thinking I didn't get the first one. Yikes. I got so so sick. Vomiting all day and early evening... my doctor had me go to the ER for fluids. My doctor says he sees far fewer side effects when patients go up slowly. Now I am going up 1 click when I feel good enough from the last click. Also, I have to say eating too much especially late in the day is not good. I have had no side effects but am taking it even slower than my doc suggested. Amazing even on this small dose I am not hungry. How does anyone take Saxenda at those high doses?"

Mame4454 December 23, 2017

"I have been on Victoza for 2 months now . I used 0.6 mg injections. The first few weeks I was loosing an average of 3 lbs a week which was great. but then it levelled out and I was maybe losing a half pound a week. I was getting a serious stomach flu that lasted 3 days and came back twice with the same force in the following 2 weeks. Some days I had the shakes. There is always a dull stomach pain, that does not go away. I could have lived with that but when I did a blood test, twice to be sure, it showed major problems with my liver and kidney function. I am seeing my Doctor in a couple of weeks after Christmas to discuss it. Even with the high cost of the drug and no coverage I have decided to stop using Victoza ."

Swissman (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

"Due to my insurance not covering Victoza, or any "anorexiant", my weight specialist is switching me to Sandexa. She is giving me her samples..."as long as you keep losing"! This is awesome. With Victoza, down 16 lbs. in 2 weeks! I know this is the kick-start I need to help me loose another 100lb. Has anyone gone from Victoza to Sandexa and noticed a difference, or does it work effectively the same? Your comments are appreciated! ;-)"

BlueEyz57 November 29, 2017

"I'm actually a physician, 6'0 -- used to be 175 pounds, but this job has caused me to stress-eat so much that I ballooned to 220 pounds. Started Victoza at 1.2mg daily; couldn't tolerate going up to 1.8mg due to severe nausea, so I take about 1.5mg (intermediate click between 1.2 and 1.8) daily, and will occasionally take an additional 0.6-1.2mg dose later in the day before a large meal or if I feel the craving for pasta or noodles or a big dinner. COMPLETE loss of cravings for snacks. The thought of sugary/carby things does not interest me any longer. Feel full after a few bites. It's only been a few weeks but I've already lost 12 pounds. Combining this with high-intensity diet and exercise as well, and possibly a ketogenic diet. A+!"

doctorglp1 November 28, 2017

"I have been struggling with my weight most of my life. Due to needing a total knee replacement was already trying to lose the 70lbs needed to have the surgery with little success. Thank goodness, I was restarted on Victoza on October 16, 2017. Since then, my blood sugar has consistently been 110-120. I have very little appetite along with nausea after the daily shot. I eat very little but was shocked to find out I am down 40 lbs since Oct 16th. I honestly believe this is due to the Victoza and diurectics I have for excessive water retention. Thanks Victoza!"

DFaith November 26, 2017

"I started Victoza in September 2017 and have lost 40 pounds. I'm thrilled with the weight loss however I continue to experience vomiting and diarrhea. Anything with red sauce is a big no for me. Can anyone recommend foods that they find are easy to manage? Any feedback is helpful. Thank you for your time..."

Lee from Boston November 25, 2017

"I took the first injection in my doctor's office November 15, 2017. It's only one week but I'm down 8 pounds and feel like this may be what I need. I need to lose just over 100 lbs. I feel a little nauseous at times, but the appetite has dwindled and barely any cravings. Eating anything really sweet or sugary tastes disgusting. I'm taking this with Invokana so I'm not sure how this all works long term. Unfortunately, my drug insurance may not cover this. I certainly cannot afford to pay for more than a couple of months. I'm currently being checked for PCOS. So whether or not that makes a difference, I'll have to wait and see. I'm glad this available and I think this is what is going to work for me."

Anonymous November 22, 2017

"11/5/2017 Taking Victoza again, tried it a year ago and noticed it really helped with belly fat, lost a lot of hair though! Ended up quitting and getting hair extensions until my hair grew back. Back on victoza 0.6, already seeing a difference on the scale and around my tummy, 5 pounds in one week...and also saw more hair on my hair brush...have heard that lysine and collagen are good supplements to avoid hair loss? so am going to add those in because the weight loss is real. I never lose more than 2 pounds in a month and I work hard to eat below 1500 calories a day and low carb and walk. So a 5 pound weight loss in one week is stunning for me. Will probably take for 3 months and then hopefully will reach goal and stop taking"

Lorraine B. November 5, 2017

"Hi. I started this for Weightloss which exacerbated other health problems. In the last six months I’ve gradually gone up to 3mg per day. My weight was 155kg and is now 130.6kg. I had some sickness at the start and slightly when I increased the dosage. It’s changed my eating habits as I feel less hungry and the amount I can eat has gone down. To be honest the beginning was slightly tough but worth persisting with, just keep the faith."

Weise November 1, 2017