User Reviews for My Way

Emergency Contraception

Reviews for My Way

makys May 6, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “If you find yourself here reading these reviews then you are probably going through the same as I recently was. I promised myself I would come here and tell my story if I got my period. I had sex on the very LAST day of my ovulation & the condom had slipped off at some point. I had no idea when I took the My Way pill that the whole point of the pill was to slow down your ovulation so I thought it was too late for me. I took it around 17 hours after it happened. No symptoms from this except sore breasts but everybody’s body is different. My period was 3 days late & finally came this morning, I cried. I'm not sure if pill is what prevented the pregnancy or if i just got lucky, but I'm thankful I'm not pregnant. Try to not dwell on the thought you might be pregnant it just causes unnecessary stress. Remember to try & stay positive even though it is hard. I have learned a big lesson from this experience & I hope reading this brought u a little comfort because god knows I needed it<3”

Bea · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “Don’t stress yourself dear cause IT REALLY WORKS. If you’re here then maybe you’re just like me freaking out. I had unprotected sex and didn’t know what to do, browsed online, learned about the pill and I’m so happy I visited this site. Came here to read some reviews, it was first time to try taking a pill and so I was too worried of some discomfort experienced by others but those positive reviews I’ve read helped a lot to ease my mind. Still, I bought My way pill, there are no available in-store so I had to buy it online and had it delivered. It took me 36 hours before I took the pill. I’m so happy I DIDN’T EXPERIENCE ANY DISCOMFORT and GOT MY PERIOD a week after taking the pill. Thanks for leaving some reviews, positive or negative because it helped me prepare myself for any upcoming discomfort because if i hadn’t read those comments I’m sure I will totally freak out even more.”

Youdontknowmehehe June 23, 2021

For Emergency Contraception: “I took this pill 2 hours after unprotected sex. When I checked my calendar, I saw that I was ovulating (on the exact day where an egg released! which was very unfortunate because I was at my most fertile). Of course, seeing google telling me that plan b doesn’t work during ovulation scared me. I kept overthinking and worrying since I was not really at the right age to be getting pregnant. I drank more vitamin c since it is known to help get my period. The side effects of Plan B for me were more acne, fatigue, cravings, and mood swings. However, it does work and I got my period exactly one week after (it was early by 8 days). The cons is that my period is heavier and more painful (I rarely get severe cramps). To all the ladies, do not search google cuz it will only worry you more. Just take the pill as early as you can and don’t think twice <33 To anyone reading this, you’ll be fine.”

FreakingOut July 17, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “If you are reading this I’m sure you are anxious, paranoid and freaking out like I was. I took my way within the 12 hour window. I checked the calendar and it was my ovulation window. My period was delayed by 3 days. But finally it’s here so I am relieved. Try not to stress because it works.”

Gingersnap September 1, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “I took within 48 hours of having sex. Started period when I was supposed to and had heavier cramping than usual but figured that was a side effect. My period only lasted 3 days and I had passed a clump of tissue as well so I took that as an all clear. 7 days after the 3 day period I began bleeding again but light. The bleeding was off and on but the pain kept getting worse every day and was mainly on one side. It had been 3weeks 6days since I had taken it I decided to take a pregnancy test just to rule out things. It was positive. I went to the ER since I was having one sided pain, vaginal bleeding and now a positive pregnancy test. Turns out I have an ectopic pregnancy. The chance is increased with taking Levonorgestrel only contraceptive. My life has been completely flipped upside down This has been the most terrifying experience of my life.”

Chimie October 22, 2019

For Emergency Contraception: “Girls I think you're reading here because your panicking already you might think that the pills might not work but trust me it will work just take a deep breath and pray so that it can help you to ease the thinking that the pills may not work. But I rate this 8 only because I have abdominal pain and it hurts like anything during my next period. I take the pills after 7 hours after my boyfriend and I had sex and it works trust me. Cheer up girls”

ola · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

For Emergency Contraception: “okay so i said i was going to write a review if it worked.... anyways I was scared he took the condom off without me knowing so the next day I tell my cousin and she gets me the pill. I took a pregnancy test like two weeks later it came out negative and I just got my period today which was when I was supposed to get it, I had to make sure it wasn't just spotting though. Honestly I wish everyone luck I googled all types of stuff and was worried it wouldn't work thank the lord it did. But I genuinely wish everyone the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!1”

Jay August 7, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “So I had unprotected sex July 16 (around about 12 that night) went and got the EC (my way) once I got off work at 3:30! Took the pill and a week later on the 23 I started to bleed, it had a regular flow as if I was on my period, the bleeding only lasted about 5 days so I made an appointment with my dr to get an exam because I thought it was a bit unusual for me to bleed twice in one month and out of all the times I took it I have NEVER had this happen to me before. I went and got my exam, she went in to scrape my cervix she said that I still had some spotting (Although I haven’t seen any bleeding in days) I’m leaving my review because I’m not sure if someone else may have experienced the same thing or maybe I have a deeper issue but I definitely WOULDN’T recommend taking any type of plan B pills! Every sense I’ve taking one my body hasn’t been the same and I’m not going to lie I am getting scared at this point because I don’t know what’s going on!”

snowy · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “I took the My Way pills right away after unprotected sex .My boyfriend finished inside .Later that I was checking my calender it was my ovulation week. I am so worry right now. I hope it will work. I m not ready to be a parent. I still have to wait 2 more weeks to get tested.”

Blessed!! · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2019

For Emergency Contraception: “I told myself that if I got my period, I would come on here and tell my story. If your reading these you are probably stressing just like I was. Don’t stress! The pill will work! You have to keep the faith and try not to think too much about it ( although that is very hard). I lost my virginity to my boyfriend on March 27th. The condom broke so I took a My Way pill almost 11 hours later. I was worried because I am way over the weight limit and I was ovulating so wasn’t sure if the pill would work for me. I was suppose to get my Period on April 9th and I just got it today, April 7th!! I’m so grateful that my period came!! I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had gotten pregnant. While waiting for my period to come, I experienced constipation and stomach pains that would come in the morning and after I ate. These are signs of pregnancy so I didn’t know what was going on. But to God be the glory I’m good !!”

J · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “I took my way 22 hours after our condom broke and had to purchase the pill online and had it delivered the next day. it was the longest wait for my period because I was so scared to be pregnant. But luckily I got my period on time. Don't worry ladies it is effective. It was my ovulation that time. The downside is that I vomited after 3 days when I took the pill, the side effects are somehow visible”

Diamond · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “Hi ladies! I wanted to share my experience because it is a crazy one. So I hooked up with a guy and long story short the pull out game was very weak. I went home and immediately looked at my period app (which I’ve been using for about 2 years so it knows my system pretty well) and there was the notification that it was my ovulation day (just my luck). I went to work with the intention of buying Plan B when I got home. While I was at work I remembered I had leftover My Way from when I was on the pill a few months before . I took My Way as soon as I got home which was about 12 -13 hours after I had sex. Happy to say that today I got my period one day before my period app predicted.”

Afraid · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception: “Hi I had unprotected sex on Aug 6, 2018 My last period is July 31,2018 I have 28-30 days cycle each month Lasted 6 days but on the 7th day of my cycle we had unprotected sex he used withdrawal then after 5 hrs I took My Way emergency contraceptives, but after a week after taking it i had a very little spotting brown color and I feel lower abdominal cramping and my breasts are sore. I also feel little bit nauseated and always tired. I still have 2 weeks to wait for my period. My question is it normal to have little bit brown spotting? Am I pregnant for experiencing this sign and symptoms? Thanks”

ParanoidasHell September 5, 2014

For Emergency Contraception: “I'm going to start this off by saying I was that girl who searched up every ache or pain I was having to see if it was a sign of pregnancy. I worried myself sick (I'm only 18 and leaving for my first year of college in a few weeks) I take regular birth control for acne but I wasn't very consistent. I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend and the condom broke, just our luck. Me being paranoid made him run out to the local Pharmacy and buy My Way and I took it within 4 hours of the incident. I had nausea for about a week, I was fatigued, my breasts were extremely sore after about 3 weeks, I had cramping and lower stomach pain. My period was about a week late, but I got it! RELAX. This pill works! Trust me!”

BunnyHunny March 17, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “Guys calm down. It works, but please track your ovulation before having unprotected sex. You must have sex days BEFORE THIS OVULATION PERIOD!!! I had unprotected sex, my partner ejaculated and we rushed over and took the pill about an hr later. It is a terrible wait though. Cuz you will suffer through some symptoms of early pregnancy. My appetite increased and painful abdominals. Then a week later my period came for the second time. It last 4 days and a light flow, but there was clumping and NOT SPOTTING (this is a good sign that you are not pregnant) Keep pushing ladies! But seriously, if you plan on having continuous unprotected sex, just go on the pill and save the heart ache”

Anonymous March 16, 2018

For Emergency Contraception: “I’m sharing my story because I know there are a lot of people just like me freaking out I took the pill the morning after unprotected sex . I was scared and I was panicking I wasn’t sure if it was going to work or not . I did get my period that month and I got my period again this month it was a week late but I still got it the pill works it may mess up your cycle but it work just relax and don’t panick.”

18/Highschool March 6, 2017

For Emergency Contraception: “I took the pill within 48 hours of having sex with my boyfriend. I was anxious at first because my period was late but it finally came (6 days late)! The pill can make your period come late but it definitely works! If you're reading these reviews because you're panicking - calm down and take a deep breath, just because this isn't the original Plan B pill doesn't mean it's less effective or anything, it works and it serves its purpose :)”

15 y/o January 27, 2018

For Emergency Contraception: “Took this pill less than 48 hours after a slip-up on the day of ovulation. I’m normally 107 pounds but I freaked myself out and stopped eating - dropped down to 101 by the time I took the pill. Discharge became thick and not slimy like normal. My period came 2 days early, and was mostly brown blood, and drippy(?). Lasted about 5 days. Some other things I should mention I guess: I had no spotting, but my discharge had a yellow tint. Side affects were hard to pinpoint because of the anxiety and stress of the whole situation. I wish the best of luck to you. It sounds crazy for me to tell you to stay calm, but try to stay as optimistic as possible! As for the reviews of women it didn’t work for, remember that this pill will most likely work, and most success stories want to just move on after. Sorry you had to scroll through this, just wanted to put a positive story on here”

Anonymous April 21, 2019

For Emergency Contraception: “Hey ladies, so I had unprotected sex during my ovulation period and I waited at least two and a half days before I took this pill (so not recommended, the earlier the better apparently) but not pregnant . But the side effects are horrible, I never cramp during my cycle . It made me cramp, heavy bleeding, just different and it’s been about three months since I took this pill and my period is just not the same.”

Ssmm January 4, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “I took my way exactly 6 hours after unprotected intercourse. Didn't have sex after that. And yet I still got pregnant. I've taken it before on a separate occasion over a day after intercourse and it worked. So I was completely shocked it failed even after taking it so soon”

Cece · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2020

For Emergency Contraception: “I took My Way emergency contraceptive this morning b.c I had unprotected sex early Thursday morning (at like 3-4am) I’m happy to say I didn’t feel anything like I didn’t even take it but I will be back when I get my period to share with y’all this drug actually works like. I’m hoping cause I’m already a single mom of 2 Irish twins with no support and I don’t need anymore children atm. So fingers crossed lady’s I will be back to update!”

35YearOld March 25, 2016

For Emergency Contraception: “I am a 35 year-old mother of two, recently divorced. I just started dating a great guy. I'm not yet taking regular birth control. The condom he used on day 17 of my cycle slipped off while inside me(it was too small or not properly shaped for him). The condom ended up getting stuck behind my cervix(weird), but I was able to retrieve it after some panic. He did not ejaculate, but does produce a good amount of precum. I was worried, even though I knew I'd already ovulated. I decided to take My Way about five hours later. I got my period right on time. The side effects I experienced: cramping, fatigue (the whole two weeks), looser stools than normal, night sweats,moodiness, terrible 3 day migraine before period. It made pms 10x worse.”

Ava December 2, 2019

For Emergency Contraception: “I normally don’t write on these forums but I have to share my experience. I had unprotected sex 5 days before my period came and I took it minutes after the incident. I’m currently 5’4 and 143lbs. I was nervous because it was my first time taking My Way. Close to my period I kept getting period symptoms like headache, acne, fuller and tender breast etc 1 day past, 2 day, 3 day. At this point I was freaking out. I just decided to forget about it and face reality whatever happens happens. Guess what? FIVE DAYS LATER AND ITS FINALLY HERE. Once you follow the instructions don’t be worried. Even though it’s cheap it definitely works no need to freak out. As far as symptoms after the drugs I didn’t have any”

mara · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2019

For Emergency Contraception: “DID NOT WORK!!! I used it a couple hours after the incident and two weeks later I was spotting thinking it was my period but it never really came I’m still spotting almost a month later and pregnancy test came out positive!!”

Apple518 · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2019

For Emergency Contraception: “I have used the My Way emergency pill a few times now after having unprotected sex. This time I used it just as I would have used it in the past but this time my period was 8 days late. I was afraid to take a pregnancy test so I looked at some reviews before taking the test. I read that a few women experienced late periods while others wrote about how the pill had failed to protect them from pregnancy. Well my new experience is the same as those women whom the pill had failed. I am pregnant after taking the pill only hours after having unprotected sex. Although this pill has worked for me in the past, it has not worked now. Just wanted to share my unbelievable experience. It’s shocking and a lesson learned for real. Condoms are the better option.”