User Reviews for My Way

Emergency Contraception
6.5

Summary of My Way reviews 6.6 29 reviews

Reviews for My Way

For Emergency Contraception "So I took My Way after my husband and I had unprotected sex. I did wait one day to take it, but the guidelines state within 36 hours is the most effective. Well I'm now 5 weeks pregnant. Ugh. I know everything will work out and this baby will be a blessing, but come on! I know we had sex during my peak ovulation period and so the pill may not have worked bc apparently it only is effective if you're ovulating, which is probably something that should be mentioned on the box."

FreeRangeMama May 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I’m sharing my story because I know there are a lot of people just like me freaking out I took the pill the morning after unprotected sex . I was scared and I was panicking I wasn’t sure if it was going to work or not . I did get my period that month and I got my period again this month it was a week late but I still got it the pill works it may mess up your cycle but it work just relax and don’t panick."

Anonymous March 16, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took My Way within 6hrs of unprotected sex, and still got pregnant, not with one baby, but with twins, would not recommend it to anyone, it doesn't work."

Bingi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took My Way contraceptive pill 7 hours after the event . I was a bit worried when I read Most of the comments. It makes me worried a lot, you just have to take it before the 48 hours"

Mel (taken for 10 years or more) March 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Took this pill less than 48 hours after a slip-up on the day of ovulation. I’m normally 107 pounds but I freaked myself out and stopped eating - dropped down to 101 by the time I took the pill. Discharge became thick and not slimy like normal. My period came 2 days early, and was mostly brown blood, and drippy(?). Lasted about 5 days. Some other things I should mention I guess: I had no spotting, but my discharge had a yellow tint. Side affects were hard to pinpoint because of the anxiety and stress of the whole situation. I wish the best of luck to you. It sounds crazy for me to tell you to stay calm, but try to stay as optimistic as possible! As for the reviews of women it didn’t work for, remember that this pill will most likely work, and most success stories want to just move on after. Sorry you had to scroll through this, just wanted to put a positive story on here"

15 y/o January 27, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I rarely leave reviews but some woman out there is reading this who is nervous and curious so here’s my story: I Took My Way ONE day after the “slip up” (NOT EVEN 48hrs) however it was also one day before ovulation for me. I was super nervous reading reviews of other women who said it delayed their cycles, hoping that’ll be my story too, nope!! IT DID NOT WORK!!! My period never came and my pregnancy test came back positive!! This was my first time ever taking this generic brand of Plan B but it was the only one my pharmacy had. I’m not sure if it’s because I was so close to my ovulation date but it definitely did not work!"

Anonymous December 29, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Took my way (since it was free with my insurance) within 48 hours after the “slip up” .... it DID NOT WORK!!! I am now 8 weeks pregnant!!!! Never had this happen using the real “Plan B” ..."

T.m.L November 25, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill after 13 hrs of act. Even after 10 days of my due date I've not got my periods. I tested today, which came out negative. Could I be pregnant ?"

Babucoz (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I took My Way 24 hours after intercourse and still got pregnant. I had no side affects. It was like I had taken nothing at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I got pregnant when I took it 2 days after"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaadhwhdbd April 16, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill within 48 hours of having sex with my boyfriend. I was anxious at first because my period was late but it finally came (6 days late)! The pill can make your period come late but it definitely works! If you're reading these reviews because you're panicking - calm down and take a deep breath, just because this isn't the original Plan B pill doesn't mean it's less effective or anything, it works and it serves its purpose :)"

18/Highschool March 6, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Took My Way 6 hours after having unprotected sex. He actually came inside me with no condom on. My period was 5 days late. No pain before period came or after taking the pill. Cramps are more intense than usual during period but other than that, no side effects. This pill works."

Teenager/16 February 12, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I'm 39 and my last period was on 12/14/16. My cycle is usually 27 days and always on time. Had unprotected sex once this month on the 17th day of my cycle which shows 2 days after ovulation (Dec 30th 5am). He pulled out. Wasn't sure about taking a MAP but took the "my way" pill anyway on Jan 2nd (lil over 72 hrs) for my own sanity. I've been crampy, clear discharge w/white strings (sorry tmi), gassy, felt slight nausea. EP was yesterday 1/10, so i'm 1 day late. I plan on testing on 1/13. I will post results. I read that it could be up to 48-56 days before I see a period with negative tests. Paranoid."

Anxious77 January 11, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex and took this about 3 hours afterwards. I was so scared for so long! I had about two days of light bleeding a week before my period was supposed to come. I was afraid it was implantation bleeding! But it wasn't! Hallelujah!!! The pill definitely mucked up my cycles for a while. My next period didn't come for two months. Anyway, if you are freaking out about the possibility of being pregnant, take a breath. I know how scary it is. It is absolutely terrifying. But this pill works! You are going to be ok!"

mollyballs (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex twice within a couple of days from each other. I nearly maxed out the recommended 3 day window before I took My Way. Within a couple of weeks I received what would have been my period however it wasnt a full out period. I had a heavy flow for 2 days and it was nearly gone after that. I thought it had worked but lately I've been nervously awaiting my next period to come. Still questioning the pills effectiveness I decided to go ahead and take a pregnancy test. Turns out I won't be a mother after all! My experience with Plan B and My Way were totally different. Between the two I had a more nerve wrecking experience this time around. Next time, save yourself the headache and wrap it up. Remember, it is not birth control."

Did not feel self assured... (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I weigh about 180 pounds so it's always a hit or miss situation with the emergency pill. I've used the generic Plan B (Take Action, I believe was its name) before and that worked. I've taken My Way before and it worked, but this time was different. My partner and I were using a condom, but had broke and he had precummed into me. We slept together a few days before my period was supposed to come. I wasn't worried until the day my period was supposed to come, had passed. I was freaking out of course (even though I wasn't ovulating), but I still had about 12 hours to take the pill. I was ready to beat the clock. I went to the pharmacy and got the pill. Took it with about 11 hours to spare. 6 days later, I got my period. IT WORKS!"

Skeptical, but IT WORKED October 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I guess I'm the 1%. I'm pregnant after taking it the day after."

Chels0832 September 14, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Had period July 9-14, unprotected sex on the 25th (supposed to be ovulating). Bought the pill and took it within 3 hours. Didn't notice any symptoms Anyway supposed to get my period August 8 but it never came I was freaking out bc I had spotting and pain on my right side. Bf convinced me to be patient and wait, 10 days later I got my period with the worst cramps ever! Will take a test soon just to be extra sure but I'm glad this worked when I had my doubts & expecially during ovulation"

10 days late??!! IT WORKED! (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "My Way worked for me as emergency contraception. To help other users decide if this right for them, here is so information about my situation: I regularly take B.C. pills Ortho-Novum 1/35. This month, I messed up the first week of my pack. I missed Tues, had unprotected sex on Wed, but then missed Thurs too. (I made up the missed pills according to pack instructions.) Technically, that was two missed pills in the first week following my period so I took My Way on Friday afternoon because there was the risk for pregnancy. I continued the rest of the pack normally. I did not experience any side effects unlike with Plan B One Step. My period came one day late during the placebo pills (week 4 of the pack). I am 24, 4'11" and under 90 lbs."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took this weighing 145 lbs and 5'6". Took My Way, not expiring till 2017, within three hours of sex. I read that over 165lbs it becomes less effective but apparently 145lbs is in the less effective range too, I am now 8 weeks pregnant. Beware."

JJWathEl June 2, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I am a 35 year-old mother of two, recently divorced. I just started dating a great guy. I'm not yet taking regular birth control. The condom he used on day 17 of my cycle slipped off while inside me(it was too small or not properly shaped for him). The condom ended up getting stuck behind my cervix(weird), but I was able to retrieve it after some panic. He did not ejaculate, but does produce a good amount of precum. I was worried, even though I knew I'd already ovulated. I decided to take My Way about five hours later. I got my period right on time. The side effects I experienced: cramping, fatigue (the whole two weeks), looser stools than normal, night sweats,moodiness, terrible 3 day migraine before period. It made pms 10x worse."

35YearOld March 25, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Ladies calm down!! It will be ok!! I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on February 17. The next day within the 24 hour period I got my way. I had very bad back pains and abdominal pains. That last a few days. The next day I took my way I had some spotting. I was expecting my period on February 25 but I didn't get it until today! I was so stressed out I even took a test. Ladies, your period may be late. It's normal. Don't worry. You'll be ok!! Such a weight off of my shoulders."

Roserosey1234 March 3, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "All I can say is relax ladies! It has over a 95% success rate. I had unprotected sex while I was ovulating and took the pill about 10 hours later. No side effects whatsoever for almost 2 weeks (Mind you I'm well above the "weight limit" for the pill). Then, my boobs started hurting so bad I couldn't bare it. I even had some spotting which freaked me out! It really messes with you, but in the end, I got my period! The longest 3 weeks, but it worked!"

All_Good January 28, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "*Ladies this is a real experience. I had unprotected sex around the time I was ovulating. So the chances of me getting pregnant was pretty high. I took the pill 24 hours later with my dinner and I was worried it wouldn't work. At first I didn't get any symptoms then a couple days to a week go by and I started to experience early pregnancy like symptoms. Today, I got my my period on time so relax it works . "

Jade1222 January 19, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I was pretty skeptical with buying this product. Me & my boyfriend had unprotected sex on a Tuesday and again that following Thursday and his sperm actually went in me. On Tuesday I took the pill 1 hour after we had sex. I didn't have enough for plan B so had to get this instead. We had unprotected sex again on Thursday (stupid I know) so I took it AGAIN but this time I took it 9 hours after I was the most fertile on this day. (You're not supposed to take two in the same week) Let me tell you I got my period 4 WEEKS EARLY. THIS PRODUCT WORKS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!"

Christinaaaaa December 28, 2015