User Reviews for Aftera

Emergency Contraception
6.8

Summary of Aftera reviews 6.8 126 reviews

Reviews for Aftera

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill 48hours after I had unprotected sex (the day before I started ovulation) I’ve had slight cramping and lower stomach tightness. It has been 8 days since I had unprotected sex and I started spotting, I don’t think it is my period because it was very light and it only lasted a few hours. I’m also not supposed to start my period until December 10th and it’s November 28th so I really hope I’m not pregnant."

Kfkower November 29, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "My name is keke me and my partner had sex on 11/3/2018 using protection but the condom popped. I visited pharmacy to buy plan b , I ended up settling for Aftera not just cause it was cheaper but because it was my only option . I took it with in 72 like it says , I was nervous I had no side effects at all just my stomach felt a little tight. But all good."

Keke November 28, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I also took Aftera at the beginning of Oct on the my last day of period, spotted around Oct 22nd, next full period started today Nov 26th. (8weeks later) It works as long as you don’t take it while ovulating according to older posts and it could delay your period for a month or 2 like me depending on how your body handles it."

Anonymous November 28, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took Aftera about 2 hours after unprotected sex and it worked. The condom came off inside of me, so my partner and I drove to CVS immediately and got Aftera for $44. I don't like to take meds on an empty stomach, so I took it after we got lunch. This happened and I knew my period was due 12 days later. I remember 5 days during the week after I took Aftera that I had short, 2-minute long periods of intense back cramps. It felt like someone shoved a pole down my spine, but it only lasted 2 minutes a day during each of the 5 days. As I mentioned, my period was due 12 days later. I actually got it on the 11 day, so early and damn near close to on time! The period was a bit heavier and more symptomatic than usual-I experienced a bad headache that lasted for all of Day 3, and I was very fatigued on Days 2-4. These symptoms weren't too bad. I was worried after reading these reviews, but my friend/potential partner and I are so relieved."

ALT November 14, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I mean it got the job done, but my period was missed all month and it gave me the biggest pregnancy scare ever ! I got bad cramps and no period, and I felt fatigue and nauseous some days- I truly thought I was pregnant. It delayed my period a lot and I got bad symptoms and a weird odor ? Only gave it some stars because I ended up getting my period so woohoo!"

Fiji (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Oct 7th I had unprotected sex with my man and he finished inside me. I went out and got an Aftera pill from cvs on the 9th and took it immediately after purchasing. I’m now 13 days late for my period & I’ve taken a total of 4 pregnancy tests throughout that time span and they’ve all come back negative."

Nervous November 10, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "On 9/30, the last day of my period, my husband and I had unprotected sex,Plan B wasn’t available at CVS so I took this pill 30 hours later on 10/01. A week later, 10/08 (aka my “expected ovulation date”), I experienced the worst tightness in my stomach as well as cramping/spotting, breast tenderness and severe migraines/light sensitivity. The week of 10/16, the spotting was gone but my PMS was out of control, hormonal cystic acne took over my face (terrible like my teen years, I am 31 now), and my breast tenderness came back with a vengeance. My period was due around 10/26 but I decided to take my first pregnancy test 10/23 which was negative. I took 2 more on 10/25 & 10/30 which again were negative. Still no full period as of Nov 2nd. Since all my pregnancy tests came back negative, I’m assuming it worked and my period will start eventually or next month. Overall it’s not worth taking especially with the symptoms/period delay"

Anonymous November 3, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "My hubby got too comfortable On day 13 (fertile) of my cycle. That was on a Saturday night. I picked up an Aftera that Monday on lunch break. My next cycle came right on time. 45 yr, 180lbs."

MommyB (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Sooo my period went off 2 days before me and my boyfriend had sex which was 10/14 , within 24 hours later I took the aftera pill on the 18th my period came back on so I think it works "

Que October 26, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex for the first time on Saturday at around 6am and it wasn’t expected. He did not finish inside and he said he didn’t Precum but I was still nervous - so hopefully this works. I took this pill 1 day later at Sunday 8pm, and I have experienced cramping and breast sensitivity. But , I still have not gotten my period and it’s Tuesday night, I am hoping it comes... I know it can delay your period by up to a week."

Annoyed (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took Aftera about 12 hours after unprotected sex on the day I was ovulating. I opted for Aftera because Plan B wasn't available where I was. I have taken Plans B, ella and other emergency contraceptives before. All very effective with little to no noticeable side effects. Other then throwing off your periods schedule. With Aftera I didn't have any side affection until about 7 days after I took the pill.  An extreme  amount of bloating, cramps extremely sore breasts and a tightening feeling in the stomach . Which for me made me feel as if I were pregnant. Being that with both of my pregnancy's the tightening of the stomach was my most noticeable change in my body. I wasn't due for my period until 13 days after I had sex, and wasn't initially worried but with all of the side affects and having unprotected sex when ovulating it had me feeling as if I was pregnant. Day 11 arrived and the side effects were soo  strong, but period started. NOT pregnant!"

Learningerrday October 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So I took aftera because I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period. He didn’t finish inside of me , but I was worried about precum. After taking the pill, I started feeling tightness in my stomach and cramps. About a couple of days later. I also had some spotting a few days later from taking the pill. About three weeks later, I had tiredness, mood swings, headaches, more urinations, fatigue, increased hunger... just about the symptoms for pregnancy. Now my period was 9 DAYS LATE! But.... I got pink discharge, then I started officially bleeding about three days after the discharge. But I got my period, right now I don’t know about it’s heaviness or anything but it feels like it’s going to be a little bit more harsh than normal but pretty normal. It Works! I'm not sure if it will work if you had unprotected sex while ovulating. I was very stressed and anxious so I made sure to leave a review for other women experiencing similar situations! Hope this helps! Good luck!!!"

Jade October 11, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So we had a little incident and we had actually have used plan b before but I went to pharmacy and they were completely out, I saw aftera and looked it up on google says it’s 75-89 percent affective. I’m not sure if it is or not yet but I even spoke to the pharmacist she said it’s the same effectiveness as plan b. I got it plus it’s cheaper and the other pharmacy was also out of plan b so it was my last resort. I took it within the same day of him finishing inside me not even in an hour or two span. I took it on the 30th which was two days before I was supposed to get my period and it’s now a week late and I do know that sometimes the morning after pills throw your period off. But I haven’t had any side affects or anything weird happen to me just haven’t gotten my period yet. And honestly looking at all these comments I’m kinda scared that it didn’t work since so many women have gotten pregnant after taking it."

Dom October 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I did not work and I took it within 8 hrs of a failed condom situation. Still got pregnant less effective. Your taking a chance with this plan b this should be called plan C ."

50 /50 chance (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I used Aftera 36 hours after having sex and not using a condom. The pill took effect and gave me symptoms five days later. I had horrible breast tenderness, cramping, and fatigue. My period did come on its expected date. My period was a bit heavier and a bit longer by two days, but at least I'm not pregnant!"

Singlescaredmum (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had bleeding 5 days after taking this pill. This may not be your period! These are the side effects of the pill. But I finally got my period with 2 weeks late. Aftera has worked for me but gave me nausea and abdominal cramps, but at least it worked."

jenifer36382 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Never took this pill before , took it for the first time after having unprotected sex on the 30th and today the 12th my period came down "

Anonymous September 13, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "It worked. My girlfriend took the pill on July 9th within 18 hrs of unprotected sex after the condom broke. 8 days later she had a light period for 4 days. A month later around the first week of August she had extremely sore boobs. On August 20, she had another period that was extremely heavy. I sweated about this the whole time and read every review on this site and others. Just wanted give some hope to the next person whom reads this!"

rlwaldr1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Lower abdominal cramping and tightness - period came over a week late and gave me a heart attack with the waiting (not literally!)"

Anonymous August 26, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "It did not work."

Pick2 August 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had one of those "oh no moments" I was about 2-3 days away from ovulating when it happened, took the pill the next morning, only experienced sore breasts and bloating. Started seeing pink discharge day 27 of my cycle (I'm normally about 28 days, but it'll sometimes be a few days late) and that made me worry because last time I had pink discharge, I ended up pregnant. I waited about a day, wasn't bleeding much, discharged turned dark brown, still worried. The next day, my period actually started. Way to scare me, period!"

Thatgirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Okay so I had a slip up June 27 2 days after my cycle had just ended (Broken Condom) the following day I headed to my local CVS to get Aftera I took the pill no worries. My boobs were sore for two days as always when I expect my period it went away then July 11 came and I was spotting (6 days after ovulation) I thought it was my period but it was just spotting it didn't even fill a pad but it was red fresh blood so I wasn't sure to call it implantation. Anyway I spotted for the following 11 days with light cramping period was due July 18 the spotting continued. Today JULY 22 I have began to bleed enough to need a pad which had me feeling super excited and blessed I believe maybe my stress level had a lot to do with the spotting and late bleeding. I use to get my periods late in the month so maybe its just changing back to that I think it was some kind of hormonal imbalance, but I Vouch for Aftera because I'm not pregnant (I took aftera 15 hours after sex)"

Thegreat2018 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Been really worried. Had unprotected sex with my partner. I actually came inside her in the heat of that moment and after 1 hour found out she was ovulating. She suggested plan B but on getting to CVS I was recommended Aftera. She’s supposed to start her cycle today but till now she’s not even had any cramps. I don’t want her to be pregnant. It’s barely 5 days ago since we made love. I am really worried sick."

Mara (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

"I had sex with this guy and he came in me without a warning or anything just did it, we were having unprotected sex because he forgot a condom, he bought me aftera and I took the pill an hour after intercourse. My period was two weeks ago and it should be coming by the end of this month, I’ve been seeing the reviews and they’re very mixed saying it works and it doesn’t, but I’m young and I can’t be pregnant, I’m so scared what do I do?"

gg July 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So I took this pill on Friday after having sex and after looking at the reviews I was like “damn it’s not going to work”. But I had taken it 1 hour after having sex, I started to feel really sick but almost two weeks later I got my period."

Addy (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018