User Reviews for Aftera

Emergency Contraception
6.8

Summary of Aftera reviews 6.8 110 reviews

Reviews for Aftera

For Emergency Contraception "Never took this pill before , took it for the first time after having unprotected sex on the 30th and today the 12th my period came down "

Anonymous September 13, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "It worked. My girlfriend took the pill on July 9th within 18 hrs of unprotected sex after the condom broke. 8 days later she had a light period for 4 days. A month later around the first week of August she had extremely sore boobs. On August 20, she had another period that was extremely heavy. I sweated about this the whole time and read every review on this site and others. Just wanted give some hope to the next person whom reads this!"

rlwaldr1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Lower abdominal cramping and tightness - period came over a week late and gave me a heart attack with the waiting (not literally!)"

Anonymous August 26, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "It did not work."

Pick2 August 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had one of those "oh no moments" I was about 2-3 days away from ovulating when it happened, took the pill the next morning, only experienced sore breasts and bloating. Started seeing pink discharge day 27 of my cycle (I'm normally about 28 days, but it'll sometimes be a few days late) and that made me worry because last time I had pink discharge, I ended up pregnant. I waited about a day, wasn't bleeding much, discharged turned dark brown, still worried. The next day, my period actually started. Way to scare me, period!"

Thatgirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Okay so I had a slip up June 27 2 days after my cycle had just ended (Broken Condom) the following day I headed to my local CVS to get Aftera I took the pill no worries. My boobs were sore for two days as always when I expect my period it went away then July 11 came and I was spotting (6 days after ovulation) I thought it was my period but it was just spotting it didn't even fill a pad but it was red fresh blood so I wasn't sure to call it implantation. Anyway I spotted for the following 11 days with light cramping period was due July 18 the spotting continued. Today JULY 22 I have began to bleed enough to need a pad which had me feeling super excited and blessed I believe maybe my stress level had a lot to do with the spotting and late bleeding. I use to get my periods late in the month so maybe its just changing back to that I think it was some kind of hormonal imbalance, but I Vouch for Aftera because I'm not pregnant (I took aftera 15 hours after sex)"

Thegreat2018 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Been really worried. Had unprotected sex with my partner. I actually came inside her in the heat of that moment and after 1 hour found out she was ovulating. She suggested plan B but on getting to CVS I was recommended Aftera. She’s supposed to start her cycle today but till now she’s not even had any cramps. I don’t want her to be pregnant. It’s barely 5 days ago since we made love. I am really worried sick."

Mara (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

"I had sex with this guy and he came in me without a warning or anything just did it, we were having unprotected sex because he forgot a condom, he bought me aftera and I took the pill an hour after intercourse. My period was two weeks ago and it should be coming by the end of this month, I’ve been seeing the reviews and they’re very mixed saying it works and it doesn’t, but I’m young and I can’t be pregnant, I’m so scared what do I do?"

gg July 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So I took this pill on Friday after having sex and after looking at the reviews I was like “damn it’s not going to work”. But I had taken it 1 hour after having sex, I started to feel really sick but almost two weeks later I got my period."

Addy (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Okay this is my first time ever taking a pill like this but I took this pill a day after my last period in May. I took it it I think a hour of what I thought was protected sex but the condom came off inside me so we were just both scared. 4 days later I started bleeding AGAIN for 4 days in May and I’ve been experiencing lightly bloated stomach, a little nauseous, and I been having to pee a little more. It’s now June and my period is 9 days late and I’m nervous and don’t know what to do. Has anyone else experienced something like this before?"

Lovesnenea (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Aftera worked for me. Took the pill 16 hours after unprotected sex (while I was ovulating). Did not experience any side effects and got my period 14 days later on the expected date. I did have cramps when my period came but my periods come with horrible cramps anyways so it wasn't too bad for me. I recommend it!"

Alex May 18, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "After having unprotected sex, Plan B One Step is usually my go-to emergency contraceptive. However, upon arriving at the pharmacy, there was none available, but next to it were 2 Aftera pills. I was very sceptical because I've never heard about this brand. Because I wanted something immediately, I decided to purchase this drug and took it approximately 15 hours after having unprotected sex. Here I am, 3 weeks later with abdominal cramps. I went to the doctor today, where I found out I was pregnant. I had a feeling I was because my body felt different; bloated, unusual abdominal cramps and dizziness. I would not recommend this pill to anyone!!! Very disappointing that it didn't work. I've taken Plan B even later than 24 hours and it has worked. Be careful, ladies and good luck!"

disappointed (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I totally recommend NOT having unprotected sex anytime knowing the possibilities pregnancy. I understand things happen so don't feel bad, I've used both Plan B and Aftera. There have been a couple instances where the Pharmacy was out of Plan B, the pill everyone says is better. I have taken Aftera and it has worked for me, it's the same just cheaper. I highly recommend using it as soon as directed on the box within 72hrs, but taking it earlier is more likely to be effective (NO LATER than 24 hours). I am aware if the condom brakes, and the chances of getting pregnant even with it on. It's always smart to be safe, and use protection rather than relying on the Emergency Pill alone. Keep in mind whether protected or not we all are accountable for our actions and must understand that there are consequences. ALWAYS play it SAFE and GOOD LUCK."

Stephie May 7, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So about 3 weeks ago I took aftera. This was my first time taking any kind of morning pill. My boobs have grown so much and they’re sore, they’ve been so sore after I took that pill. I was supposed to get my period yesterday but nothing. I’m cramping but I don’t know if I’m pregnant."

Cr7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Did not work. I had intercourse on the 7th took Aftera on the 9th. After I took it I started doing some research and I found out that if you are already ovulating then it won’t do anything for you. Wish I would have saved my money. I still ended up pregnant."

Justme123 April 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "After about 30 minutes of having unprotected sex where an ejaculation occurred, I went out and bought an Aftera pill. It was about $10 less than a Plan B. I immediately took it after purchasing. After about a month of stressing myself out and frantic worrying, my period came (slightly early). Just a forewarning before taking: my cramps were the worst I have ever had them. They actually caused me to sweat they were so extreme. All in all, if I ever need one again (hopefully I won’t) I would recommend Aftera. Ladies don’t stress yourself out and trust the pill. It works!"

Alyssa (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill because the pharmacy ran out of plan b, it was cheaper so I was happy. Broke condom situation and I got nervous took it the next day I’m also on birth control so I didn’t feel as scared but still to be careful took this. I didn’t experience cramps or anything or what other people felt. I don’t know if I was mood or not because I’m naturally kinda moody. I think it worked well. I’m not pregnant and that’s all that matters !"

Mel April 4, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex a week before my scheduled period. I took the morning after pill (Aftera) 12 hours after and got my period one day late. It was a brown colour at first and very light, then my full period came. Fast forward a month later and my period is 5 days late... I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were both negative. I know I’m just being paranoid because I’ve read so many similar situations, but at the same time this has never happened to me before when taking an emergency contraceptive. I’m feeling extremely anxious about this, anyone in the same boat?"

Soccerchick25 March 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "This stuff sucks. Has unprotected sex used this thing 5 hrs later. I am now 3 weeks pregnant.."

Anonymous March 16, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Back in January 2016, I had a one time experience and took Aftera probably an hour after. Three weeks later I was pregnant! I just took Aftera again this past week because I was delayed on my birth control and had unprotected sex.. so we will see if it works! Reading these comments has got me nervous!"

Palmer (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Bought it & took it within 72 hours of unprotected sex, two weeks later I started feeling nauseous, checked my self & boom I was pregnant. Horrible"

Sheila (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So I’m unaware of what’s going on to my body. I got this Flo app to keep track of my period. I realized it said I had ovulated on 2/7 that day I had unprotected sex w/ my partner. We have enough kids as it is lol so we of course went that route to get a morning after pill. I picked up the Aftera on 2/9 figured I’d be safe in the 72 hour mark. So later on that evening I start getting cramps and felt nauseous. It’s now 2/10 cramps still going very annoying . Now I don’t believe this ovulation chart can really know when I’m ovulating but if it true and I had intercourse when I ovulated and took the pill 2 days after am I safe ?! These cramps sucks I’m assuming it the pill working and if so thank goodness but WTH?! Ugh any advice ?"

Naydazzle (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Well I took the pill and I am now pregnant. I took it within 30 hours after having unprotected sex but I just recently found out that it will be less effective if you’re already ovulating... when looking up reviews it’s also great to look up reasons why it may not work ... Good luck to you all !!"

Blakee February 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I have taken Aftera a few times and it's always worked! I usually just get a headache the day after taking it along with mild cramps, but nothing too bad."

Wreckless February 2, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Doesn’t work at all very upset my dr prescribed me this brand!! Now I’m pregnant!"

Angry33 January 25, 2018