User Reviews for Aftera

Emergency Contraception 49 reviews 15 medications

6.9
Summary of Aftera reviews 49 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Aftera

For Emergency Contraception "My husband and I have been using the natural family planning method for years as birth control gives me horrible migraines, we have 4 children and we were not planning on anymore. ( we try to avoid intercourse during the possibility of ovulation. In the heat of the moment we ended up having intercourse the day I was ovulating. My cycles are 28 days, very easy to predict when I'm ovulating. I took the CVS brand Aftera, right away, like an hour later, only because they didn't have Plan B. Aftera does NOT work, I am now 7 weeks pregnant. I'm not overweight, I weigh 135lbs. I've taken Plan B before and it worked. Don't buy Aftera, spend the extra money for Plan B or go to another store if they don't have it."

Casm February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "So I had a crazy college night where there was no condom used, I'm not on birth control, and this relentless boy literally came all over my area. I was freaking out. He bought me aftera the next day and I took it immediately probably like 6 hours after having sex. I read the reviews and started panicking because so many people claimed they got pregnant. Anyways a week later I got my period (YAY!) so if you use it when you should you'll be fine! Something to keep in mind is that most people that write reviews are people that have SUPER STRONG experiences with products. You're more likely to write a negative review if you're frustrated w/ a product rather then satisfied bc it did what it was supposed to so don't panic! (:"

Nobabiesforme! February 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex on the 31 of Dec 16 . Took aftera the next day around 4. Was so nervous that it wouldn't work because of all the reviews but after nervously waiting for 6 days my period came three weeks early . It wasn't heavy as usual but did have lots of cramping and got my period on the 6 and finished today it works !!! Not 100% effective but it has a high chance the quicker you take it the better Works . And you save 10 dollars !"

Garcia98 January 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "Took it in 46 hours after an intercourse in which the condom tore. 4 weeks pregnant now! CVS attendant gave this Pill saying it's same as Plan B. It's NOT!!! Spend $10 extra and get Plan B! It works."

Anonymous January 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "Sorta got stupid one night with my girlfriend, got the pill about 26 hours later. The pill made her 9 weeks late, I'd never had so much stress. Finally she took two tests and got both negative and got her period a couple weeks later, it may mess up your period and stress you out but it works don't worry"

Boyfriend (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "took this an hour after he came inside of me... went to CVS and the pharmacist told me they were the same. They are not the same. Now 3-4 weeks pregnant >:-("

ttran888 December 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "It worked for me! I am 210 pounds and it worked. 2 weeks ago, The condom fell off without him or me knowing. he came in me and We didn't realize it was off until he pulled out. We were terribly scared. Immediately after we realized this, we went to pick up Aftera from CVS. It was $40. I took this pill about an hour and a half after the incident. I was saving up money for an abortion if I needed it just in case. But luckily my period is here, and only 1 day early! I'm so happy and excited about effectiveness. Thank you aftera."

It worked for me!!! (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "So my bf was drunk and accidently came a little inside. He told me that 8 or 10hrs later, cause he recalled. I was so afraid and no, when they're drunk do not trust them. So we initially wanted to grab Plan B, but the clerk offered Aftera which is $10 cheaper. I was hesistant and wanted Plan B cause it has always worked for me in the past. But my bf wanted the cheaper one, the clerk said they both work the same way. After I took the pill, I had headaches and I was very stress that I would become pregnant. But I felt those we're just the side effects. I was in total disbelief that it'll work cause it looked skeptical. My period came after 5 days of patience, this stuff actually works! Saved $ too! My suggestion is take it ASAP, it'll work!"

AFTERA WORKED!!!! (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "Ok I'm actually worker from cvs. I personally use aftera and its always worked , but unfortunately I was with customer today I had recomended it to a while ago because my personal experience and she told me today that she's pregnant and buying prenatal vitamins is not 100% but it work for me"

Bdm cvs (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "This product worked well for me I took it 24 hours after unprotected sex and it worked well for me. It cost $39.99 at CVS about $10 cheaper then Plan B and to me it was worth it. Although I was nervous to buy the generic brand because of the reviews but it worked good in my eyes. Only symptoms I received were mild cramping and a slight headache but nothing to crazy the only downfall to this product is it made my period 2 days late but yet again my period dates fluctuates so much that it could have just bean on time. P.S. I weigh about 275 pounds For anyone who is concerned about there being a weight limit ."

Justleash November 16, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I took aftera less than 2hours after birth control failed. Within an hour I experienced severe stomach pain and nausea. For the week that followed I had headaches dizziness at times and lower back pain. My period came exactly one week after taking this, I was advised this isn't was effective when you are over a certain weight. Weighing 235 I didn't have a problem with effectiveness"

Amelia1344 November 12, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill 2 hours later after I had sex .This one don't work. Now I'm pregnant.Please Buy the plan B . I used the plan b before it does work."

Take your Bc November 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill within ONE HOUR of unprotected sex and just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant. CVS was out of Plan B, which is not guaranteed to work either, so I desperately settled for Aftera. Now I have to go through the emotionally devastating abortion process. Accidents happen but this pill will not protect you."

DID NOT WORK, 5 weeks preg (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I promised to do a review if it worked and it did thank God!! I have 2 kids under the age of two! So everyone knows im not ready for another any time soon. My fiance and I had sex and the condom broke( be careful with ultra thin ones)! 3 hours after the incident, I took aftera and i had to play the waiting game. Which made it worse was i was ovulating that week! Idk if you should do this but I did it and it calmed my paranoia alittle. I started taking ovulation test the day i took aftera. The stick said i was ovulating!! Everyday I took a test the line got lighter and lighter by the 4th day it said I wasn't ovulating anymore so I kinda got sone reassurance that the pill had stop my ovulation and was working! I got my period today on time"

Lotsalove November 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex (I know dumb) on my ovulation day and he decided to finish inside (dumb again) I bought this pill about 8 hours later. No side effects and my period came right on schedule. After taking it I read all the reviews here. A lot negative and have been a nervous wreck since. I conceived all my kids on first try so I get pregnant easily... don't worry or stress if you're reading this. It definitely works!"

IT WORKS! November 5, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I am so scared "

Anonymous November 4, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I purchased Aftera at my local CVS because they were out of Plan B. Took it maybe 15 hours after having intercourse on 10/06. Didn't have any symptoms from the pill. Fast forward to 10/24 the regular day for my cycle to start. Yes I was getting nervous after reading mixed reviews of some getting pregnant, early cycle, serve cramping and some late cycles. But I can now add that as of 10/27 it was just later than norman yet still no cramping and nauseous. I don't normally have those issues anyway. So I hope my review helps someone seeking if this pill really works."

Excited (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill 8 hours after unprotected sex. The guy bought it because the man at the counter said it was just as effective as "Plan-B" but cheaper. Fast forward tow weeks, im having hard cramps and mu period was 5 days late. I took a pregnancy test and it came back possitive. PAY THE EXTRA $10 FOR THE "Plan-B". Aftera is NOT effective"

MotherToBe October 5, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "Aftera are the BEST!! I have taken these pills days after I had a lapse in pills with my Hubby and they ALWAYS work!! I mean it was like 3 days later and they still worked. One time the pregnancy test was slightly showing a faint line but my period came on time! I was worried because my breasts were getting bigger and I was throwing up and everything, but they worked!! The people who say they took the pills and ended up pregnant might want to reevaluate their timing or sexual activity."

WIFE TYPE September 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "The condom broke unfortunately, and it never broke before. My boyfriend and I were very scared because we are not ready for a baby, no where near it. It has been approximately 3 days since I took it. And it worked, not as pricey either. A good review for you %u263A"

never too late September 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "Took this pill less than 24 hours later and I'm now 5 weeks pregnant."

Sincerely Pregnant August 24, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I took Aftera just 2 hours after unprotected sex. Now, 25 days later, my period is late, I'm nauseous with two positive pregnancy tests .WOW. NOT WORTH IT. PLEASE use PLAN B instead of this. I had no symptoms after taking this (as compared to the cramping and what not from PlanB.) Aftera probably packs their packages with sugar pills. What a terrible situation to be in."

BeggerOfMercy (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I bought this after having unprotected sex with my significant other. I bought it and followed instructions and took it as directed and 2 weeks later I find out I am pregnant. I am now dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and unfortunately having to get my first abortion ever. If I could go back in time I would have paid the extra bucks for Plan B. Save yourself the emotional distress and either refill your birth control right away or get Plan B that will work."

Upset consumer (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "So Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex Monday and I was a little irresponsible and might have been ovulating but it's always difficult for me to tell (however my boyfriend never ejacualtes inside of me (with and without protection). Anyways I went and bought Aftera the morning afterwards (less then 24 hours). It is now Friday and I honestly just want my period to come so I know forsure. Haven't really noticed symptoms but today I had a BIG increase in white creamy (not stretchy) discharge. Does anyone know what this means?"

Scared but hopeful July 23, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Emergency Contraception "I'm Doing this because I was in the same position as many other people who have accidents while having sex..my case was the broken condom. I had sex on July 7 and took the Aftera pill after 25hrs from having sex. My only symptom from the pill was a late period. I was supposed top get my period on July12, and it didn't arrive, I was beginning to worry. I have it a wait, and here I am 4 days later, cramping and with my period(: don't worry too much, just let the pill do it's work. You will be okay(:"

andiieeeeloreee (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016