User Reviews for Aftera

Emergency Contraception 69 reviews 19 medications

6.8
Summary of Aftera reviews 69 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Aftera

For Emergency Contraception "I took aftera about 8 to 10hrs after unprotected intercourse I had no side effects and my period came as scheduled with minimal cramping and normal flow"

happyinmd301 July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Just about two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had sex and we realized that there was an accidental outcome inside the condom, which wasn't torn or anything, we just wanted extra reassurance (We are both too young for me to become pregnant). The morning after, we drove to CVS and he picked up Aftera since there was no plan B so it was the next best option. I took it about 12 hours after sex, and for a week and a half after I had a few symptoms including dizziness, nausea, etc. Fast forward today, I started my period almost a week early, but at least I know now that it worked. The symptoms from the Aftera pill I did not like at all, but it was better than having a higher risk of pregnancy. Take this pill ASAP and breathe, it'll be okay xx"

Just Breathe. It'll be alright (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill not even 9 hours after sexual intercourse and yesterday found out I am about 2 weeks pregnant through a blood test (for an unrelated issue). I've taken Plan B multiple times, never had any issue. The fact the woman at the counter suggested it, after I specifically asked for Plan B and they were out, is very upsetting because I trusted that it was the same like she said. I should have driven to another store to get the name brand."

Allie1234 July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Took pill after a weekend without BC. Unprotected sex was on day 5,6, and 7 of my cycle. I took the pill on day 7. I am 42 years old. I did not get my next period until NINE weeks later. I did not experience cramping, nausea, or headaches."

First experience with Aftera (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex and my partner finished inside of me on 6/6/17 and it was around the time of ovulation. I took aftera within about 24 hours afterwards. On 6/19/17 I started bleeding like a period and thought it was very strange that my period came about a week early. The bleeding was light and I was experiencing some cramping. On 6/25/17 I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. This was my first experience with taking a morning after pill and getting pregnant. I have taken plan b, and next choice in the past they both worked but Aftera effectiveness varies with each individual and didn't work for me."

Junewasaroughmonth June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Aftera does not work!!! I took it maybe 12 hours after I had unprotected sex and it failed me. The box says you have up to 72 hours to take it. I am now 6 weeks pregnant. So disappointed"

Anonymousgirl13 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex right before ovulation and the guy finished in me. I took Aftera within the hour and didn't experience any intense side effects. I got my period only one day late and it was slightly lighter than usual. Aftera is very effective and is pretty much the same thing as Plan B (plus it's cheaper)."

Daisy3819 May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend days before my period was predicted to start. To make a long story short, the condom we were using broke without is noticing and he came inside of me. I was super concerned because I am not on birth control. 30 minutes later I took Aftera and went on about my night. I didn't end up getting pregnant. The pill just made my period come 4 days late."

WorriedCollegeStudent May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I am pregnant. I don't think it works."

Caro24 May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I just wanted to let everyone know if you take a plan b style contraceptive AFTER you have ovulated, which is difficult for some women to predict, it might not work. Regardless of brand. That's what I have learned. I have taken each a couple times and they worked fine both brands until I took one after ovulation. Just wanted to share that experience."

All in the timing May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex with my partner on my ovulation day and he pulled out before ejucalation but I was scared of pre-cum so I took Aftera 12 hours later. The side effects are crazy. I had VERY BAD mood swings and painful cramps for almost a week. Lost my appetite completely. Then suddenly all the side effects went away and got my period today (3 days earlier than the expected date). I took plan B before but the side effects were not as bad as this one ! My partner did not finish inside me so I'm not sure how effective Aftera is. Please please never have unprotected sex. The side effects of these pills are crazy and waiting for your period to come is brutal."

Marsha Benton (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I were having sex about two weeks ago and we used protection but when he goes to take the condom off we both see that the condom is now busted , we were so scared he hurried called his mom for plan b I went into the bathroom and pee'd just to help get rid of a few sperm! Eight hours later he got the pill to me .. I seen it was aftera and was so skeptical because I had never heard of it! I was supposed to have my period a week after but it end up coming 6 days after (a day early) I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. Long story short different things work on different people! Do not freak out and stress its ok!"

Mmizar May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill less than 24 hours after having unprotected sex and now I am pregnant. The pharmacist told me it is the same thing as Plan B. It is not. It might work for some people but it is hit or miss. Spend the extra $10 and get the name brand, I really regret not getting Plan B."

syddd April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I am a teen and if you are one too you might want to read this if your stressing and want to know how this works. I had sex with boyfriend he came in me with no condom. We bought aftera 1 hour or so later. My boobs were sore for about two weeks, it first started the day after I had taken the pill. The pain may get really bad but just breathe and relax, its a side affect. I got cramps here and there but it would feel like a little kick to my stomach. Then I had spotting for one day. I thought I was pregnant because of the dark color but that is also a side affect. Just breathe and let the pill do its work. Plan B and aftera are the same thing. Same ingredients. Don't dig through every website trying to see if your pregnant or not, its okay"

If you stress a lot, read this March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Condom came off inside of me and he finished inside of me. This happened during my ovulation. Took the pill December 22 and on December 29 one week later I did start to bleed out a light period which I wasn't due for until January 7ish. I didn't have another normal period until March 3. I took several pregnancy tell just to confirm and all were negative. This pill did make me fatigued. This was my first time ever using emergency contraception."

The waiting game was real (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had a drunkem night of sex (oops) and I took this as soon as I got up and out of the house in the morning. My period did not come immediately, but it did!!! And a very painful one. Aftera works like a charm! Same active ingredients as plan b."

Thebee46372728 March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took it one hour after I had sex, 6 days later I bled lightly and thought I was spotting which scared the heck out of me. My period was 5 days late, but it came, and since it was my first time using Aftera or any type of birth control, it threw my period off which is what it is intended to do. It worked therefore it gets a 10 from me, I am 20 and 160lbs. PS: don't be stupid and continue to have unprotected sex after you take it because it won't protect against that!"

Laii March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My bf came in me right before my period was due so just to be safe I took this had cramping. 2 days after I took the pill he came in me again which was stupid. My period was 4 days late but it came! This wasn't my first time taking it it works."

Catheleya March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I had sex on the very last day of my period. I keep careful track of it and keep note. Without noticing, the condom broke and came in me (Jan 20). It was 6am and there was no pharmacies open around me, so I had to wait until 10, a good 4 hours after the indicent. CVS didn't have plan B and opted for Aftera, the next available. She said it was the same thing only $10 less. 2 weeks after taking the pill, I had terrible breast tenderness, swelling, I had light cramps that would come and go every so often. 3 weeks came and still no period. FINALLY, on Feb 18, my period came. This pill is extremely strong, different side effects for different people. Hope this helps someone. GOOD LUCK GIRLS!"

Gaby M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My girlfriend and I were having sex and the condom broke without either of us noticing. Afterwards both of us freaked out, and about 30 minutes later we went to CVS to get the pill. She was on a birth control, but she had just gotten it and she said another medicine she took dulled the effects of the birth control (hence the reason we continued to use a condom). It worked, but my only problem with it was that it made her period a little late so that whole time we were just wondering if it didn't work. It still worked tho, regardless of some of the comments saying Plan-B was better. In retrospect I would've just gotten Plan-B for the extra $10 for the more positive assurance."

RunnerGuy26 (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My husband and I have been using the natural family planning method for years as birth control gives me horrible migraines, we have 4 children and we were not planning on anymore. ( we try to avoid intercourse during the possibility of ovulation. In the heat of the moment we ended up having intercourse the day I was ovulating. My cycles are 28 days, very easy to predict when I'm ovulating. I took the CVS brand Aftera, right away, like an hour later, only because they didn't have Plan B. Aftera does NOT work, I am now 7 weeks pregnant. I'm not overweight, I weigh 135lbs. I've taken Plan B before and it worked. Don't buy Aftera, spend the extra money for Plan B or go to another store if they don't have it."

Casm February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "So I had a crazy college night where there was no condom used, I'm not on birth control, and this relentless boy literally came all over my area. I was freaking out. He bought me aftera the next day and I took it immediately probably like 6 hours after having sex. I read the reviews and started panicking because so many people claimed they got pregnant. Anyways a week later I got my period (YAY!) so if you use it when you should you'll be fine! Something to keep in mind is that most people that write reviews are people that have SUPER STRONG experiences with products. You're more likely to write a negative review if you're frustrated w/ a product rather then satisfied bc it did what it was supposed to so don't panic! (:"

Nobabiesforme! February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex on the 31 of Dec 16 . Took aftera the next day around 4. Was so nervous that it wouldn't work because of all the reviews but after nervously waiting for 6 days my period came three weeks early . It wasn't heavy as usual but did have lots of cramping and got my period on the 6 and finished today it works !!! Not 100% effective but it has a high chance the quicker you take it the better Works . And you save 10 dollars !"

Garcia98 January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Took it in 46 hours after an intercourse in which the condom tore. 4 weeks pregnant now! CVS attendant gave this Pill saying it's same as Plan B. It's NOT!!! Spend $10 extra and get Plan B! It works."

Anonymous January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Sorta got stupid one night with my girlfriend, got the pill about 26 hours later. The pill made her 9 weeks late, I'd never had so much stress. Finally she took two tests and got both negative and got her period a couple weeks later, it may mess up your period and stress you out but it works don't worry"

Boyfriend (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017