User Reviews for Aftera

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Aftera.

Emergency Contraception
6.9

Summary of Aftera reviews 6.9 78 reviews

Reviews for Aftera

For Emergency Contraception "Took this about 10 hours after unprotected sex. Felt fine the day I took it, but about 3 weeks later I started to feel sick to my stomach, crampy and had lower back pain. OF COURSE I panicked read lots of negative reviews and took a test, which came back negative, but I also took it about 2 1/2 weeks after intercourse, so it was still early. Fast forward 2 weeks and my period is here. For me it did what I needed it to, so I was okay with the side effects. Do not overthink it and don't read all the negative reviews, it does work!"

Lg_1123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "It works!!! Same ingredient as plan b, better price. No side effects experienced."

Isaabella November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took Aftera approx. 12 hours after having unprotected sex while I was ovulating. Even though my husband did a "pull out" method, I felt that he ejaculated a bit inside. The drug store only had Aftera available, they ran out of Plan B. Pharmacy told me that it was the same thing as Plan B. This is my first time using the morning after pill. I was scared to take it after reading some reviews. But everyone's experiences are different. I had some side effects after taking a pill such as feeling tired, a little dizzy, and I took a nap-that was in the first day. I had slight cramping on and off for about 5-7 days, breasts felt somewhat tender, but all that went away. And I got my period in time, so it wasn't too bad."

Mimi003 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "During unprotected sexual intercourse he fully ejaculated inside of me (I guess on accident, I'm not even sure.) But I did not want a kid at all so he offered to get me the pill so about 43 hours later I took aftera which I was kind of worried because it was the off brand but I took it anyway and about a week later I have bleeding for 4 days (not my period) and ever since then I had very bad symptoms including cramps, back pains, headaches and much more I always felt tired and was very moody but needless to say about 13 days late I ended up getting my period! This pill worked for me but I am pretty sure it has a lot to do with the fact that all this happened right when my last period ended so I was for sure not ovulating. But don't worry!"

Jessiah September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I'm pregnant so I'm gonna say it didn't work."

Jupiter89 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I've been told that due to my type of birth control if I am a little late taking it, as long as it's same day it would still be effective. Well I've had a bit of a time adjusting to it but it was still somewhat predictable (If I don't take it exactly the same time I spot). Well I didn't spot which was odd and made me paranoid. My ovary hurt a week after spotting (sign of being fertile/ovulating). So I took Aftera. The cramps hurt for a few days and possible UTI so I drank a whole lot of water and tea. Overall I didn't feel much different than when I had cramps before birth control. TLDR (Too long; didn't read): Not pregnant. Aftera did it's job I believe. Changing my b.c. time so I can remember it easier."

Anonymous August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Before I begin I want to explain that I am 18 and I have NEVER had unprotected sex (until this time) and never used a contraception pill. I had unprotected sex on August 29 and again on August 30, he did not cum in me but I was very scared about precum and skeptical whether or not he might of pulled out on time and some of it might of gotten in me. He told me he was 80% sure he didn't, but that wasn't enough for me. On August 30, I took Aftera about 3hrs after having intercouse. The symptoms were crazy, I had cramps, dizziness, nausea and I began spotting which scared the heck out of me about 3 days before I got my period. But I got my period on Sep 18 on time!"

Vanessa3466 August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "On July 30th at about 2:00am I had unprotected sex with someone I had been texting and talking on the phone to for a few weeks (stupid, I know but we all are human). At about 9:15 am on July 30th, I went up to CVS with full intentions to purchase Plan B One Step (and to use my $10 off coupon), but when I got there they were sold out and Aftera was the only option available. Like most, I too was skeptical because I had never heard of that brand and did not know anyone who had taken it before. Due to the circumstances, I bought it and took the pill immediately. Symptoms included mild headache, cramping, and tiredness. On August 4th, I began to bleed. Thank the lord"

laurenbees (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started my period on 7/06/2017 got off 7/11/17 I took the pill after intercourse on 7/19/17 and the haven't felt right after since been sick I started my cycle again on 7/24/17 and still is bleeding been feeling so sick lately never again will I do this pill I guess I'll just stick to condoms cause that was the first and last time ever I'd put this stuff back in to my body"

Spic3 July 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "This pill does not work, I went to the store to purchase Plan B but they were sold out. So I decided to try Aftera. Yea BAD IDEA. I'm now pregnant. Don't risk it with this pill, does not WORK!!!"

Frustrated01 (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took aftera about 8 to 10hrs after unprotected intercourse I had no side effects and my period came as scheduled with minimal cramping and normal flow"

happyinmd301 July 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Just about two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had sex and we realized that there was an accidental outcome inside the condom, which wasn't torn or anything, we just wanted extra reassurance (We are both too young for me to become pregnant). The morning after, we drove to CVS and he picked up Aftera since there was no plan B so it was the next best option. I took it about 12 hours after sex, and for a week and a half after I had a few symptoms including dizziness, nausea, etc. Fast forward today, I started my period almost a week early, but at least I know now that it worked. The symptoms from the Aftera pill I did not like at all, but it was better than having a higher risk of pregnancy. Take this pill ASAP and breathe, it'll be okay xx"

Just Breathe. It'll be alright (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill not even 9 hours after sexual intercourse and yesterday found out I am about 2 weeks pregnant through a blood test (for an unrelated issue). I've taken Plan B multiple times, never had any issue. The fact the woman at the counter suggested it, after I specifically asked for Plan B and they were out, is very upsetting because I trusted that it was the same like she said. I should have driven to another store to get the name brand."

Allie1234 July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Took pill after a weekend without BC. Unprotected sex was on day 5,6, and 7 of my cycle. I took the pill on day 7. I am 42 years old. I did not get my next period until NINE weeks later. I did not experience cramping, nausea, or headaches."

First experience with Aftera (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex and my partner finished inside of me on 6/6/17 and it was around the time of ovulation. I took aftera within about 24 hours afterwards. On 6/19/17 I started bleeding like a period and thought it was very strange that my period came about a week early. The bleeding was light and I was experiencing some cramping. On 6/25/17 I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. This was my first experience with taking a morning after pill and getting pregnant. I have taken plan b, and next choice in the past they both worked but Aftera effectiveness varies with each individual and didn't work for me."

Junewasaroughmonth June 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Aftera does not work!!! I took it maybe 12 hours after I had unprotected sex and it failed me. The box says you have up to 72 hours to take it. I am now 6 weeks pregnant. So disappointed"

Anonymousgirl13 June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex right before ovulation and the guy finished in me. I took Aftera within the hour and didn't experience any intense side effects. I got my period only one day late and it was slightly lighter than usual. Aftera is very effective and is pretty much the same thing as Plan B (plus it's cheaper)."

Daisy3819 May 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had sex with my boyfriend days before my period was predicted to start. To make a long story short, the condom we were using broke without is noticing and he came inside of me. I was super concerned because I am not on birth control. 30 minutes later I took Aftera and went on about my night. I didn't end up getting pregnant. The pill just made my period come 4 days late."

WorriedCollegeStudent May 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I am pregnant. I don't think it works."

Caro24 May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I just wanted to let everyone know if you take a plan b style contraceptive AFTER you have ovulated, which is difficult for some women to predict, it might not work. Regardless of brand. That's what I have learned. I have taken each a couple times and they worked fine both brands until I took one after ovulation. Just wanted to share that experience."

All in the timing May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex with my partner on my ovulation day and he pulled out before ejucalation but I was scared of pre-cum so I took Aftera 12 hours later. The side effects are crazy. I had VERY BAD mood swings and painful cramps for almost a week. Lost my appetite completely. Then suddenly all the side effects went away and got my period today (3 days earlier than the expected date). I took plan B before but the side effects were not as bad as this one ! My partner did not finish inside me so I'm not sure how effective Aftera is. Please please never have unprotected sex. The side effects of these pills are crazy and waiting for your period to come is brutal."

Marsha Benton (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "My boyfriend and I were having sex about two weeks ago and we used protection but when he goes to take the condom off we both see that the condom is now busted , we were so scared he hurried called his mom for plan b I went into the bathroom and pee'd just to help get rid of a few sperm! Eight hours later he got the pill to me .. I seen it was aftera and was so skeptical because I had never heard of it! I was supposed to have my period a week after but it end up coming 6 days after (a day early) I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. Long story short different things work on different people! Do not freak out and stress its ok!"

Mmizar May 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill less than 24 hours after having unprotected sex and now I am pregnant. The pharmacist told me it is the same thing as Plan B. It is not. It might work for some people but it is hit or miss. Spend the extra $10 and get the name brand, I really regret not getting Plan B."

syddd April 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "I am a teen and if you are one too you might want to read this if your stressing and want to know how this works. I had sex with boyfriend he came in me with no condom. We bought aftera 1 hour or so later. My boobs were sore for about two weeks, it first started the day after I had taken the pill. The pain may get really bad but just breathe and relax, its a side affect. I got cramps here and there but it would feel like a little kick to my stomach. Then I had spotting for one day. I thought I was pregnant because of the dark color but that is also a side affect. Just breathe and let the pill do its work. Plan B and aftera are the same thing. Same ingredients. Don't dig through every website trying to see if your pregnant or not, its okay"

If you stress a lot, read this March 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Emergency Contraception "Condom came off inside of me and he finished inside of me. This happened during my ovulation. Took the pill December 22 and on December 29 one week later I did start to bleed out a light period which I wasn't due for until January 7ish. I didn't have another normal period until March 3. I took several pregnancy tell just to confirm and all were negative. This pill did make me fatigued. This was my first time ever using emergency contraception."

The waiting game was real (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2017