User Reviews for Aftera

Emergency Contraception 42 reviews 14 medications

7.1
Summary of Aftera reviews 42 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Aftera

For Emergency Contraception "So my bf was drunk and accidently came a little inside. He told me that 8 or 10hrs later, cause he recalled. I was so afraid and no, when they're drunk do not trust them. So we initially wanted to grab Plan B, but the clerk offered Aftera which is $10 cheaper. I was hesistant and wanted Plan B cause it has always worked for me in the past. But my bf wanted the cheaper one, the clerk said they both work the same way. After I took the pill, I had headaches and I was very stress that I would become pregnant. But I felt those we're just the side effects. I was in total disbelief that it'll work cause it looked skeptical. My period came after 5 days of patience, this stuff actually works! Saved $ too! My suggestion is take it ASAP, it'll work!"

AFTERA WORKED!!!! (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Ok I'm actually worker from cvs. I personally use aftera and its always worked , but unfortunately I was with customer today I had recomended it to a while ago because my personal experience and she told me today that she's pregnant and buying prenatal vitamins is not 100% but it work for me"

Bdm cvs (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "This product worked well for me I took it 24 hours after unprotected sex and it worked well for me. It cost $39.99 at CVS about $10 cheaper then Plan B and to me it was worth it. Although I was nervous to buy the generic brand because of the reviews but it worked good in my eyes. Only symptoms I received were mild cramping and a slight headache but nothing to crazy the only downfall to this product is it made my period 2 days late but yet again my period dates fluctuates so much that it could have just bean on time. P.S. I weigh about 275 pounds For anyone who is concerned about there being a weight limit ."

Justleash November 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took aftera less than 2hours after birth control failed. Within an hour I experienced severe stomach pain and nausea. For the week that followed I had headaches dizziness at times and lower back pain. My period came exactly one week after taking this, I was advised this isn't was effective when you are over a certain weight. Weighing 235 I didn't have a problem with effectiveness"

Amelia1344 November 12, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill 2 hours later after I had sex .This one don't work. Now I'm pregnant.Please Buy the plan B . I used the plan b before it does work."

Take your Bc November 12, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill within ONE HOUR of unprotected sex and just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant. CVS was out of Plan B, which is not guaranteed to work either, so I desperately settled for Aftera. Now I have to go through the emotionally devastating abortion process. Accidents happen but this pill will not protect you."

DID NOT WORK, 5 weeks preg (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I promised to do a review if it worked and it did thank God!! I have 2 kids under the age of two! So everyone knows im not ready for another any time soon. My fiance and I had sex and the condom broke( be careful with ultra thin ones)! 3 hours after the incident, I took aftera and i had to play the waiting game. Which made it worse was i was ovulating that week! Idk if you should do this but I did it and it calmed my paranoia alittle. I started taking ovulation test the day i took aftera. The stick said i was ovulating!! Everyday I took a test the line got lighter and lighter by the 4th day it said I wasn't ovulating anymore so I kinda got sone reassurance that the pill had stop my ovulation and was working! I got my period today on time"

Lotsalove November 10, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex (I know dumb) on my ovulation day and he decided to finish inside (dumb again) I bought this pill about 8 hours later. No side effects and my period came right on schedule. After taking it I read all the reviews here. A lot negative and have been a nervous wreck since. I conceived all my kids on first try so I get pregnant easily... don't worry or stress if you're reading this. It definitely works!"

IT WORKS! November 5, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I am so scared "

Anonymous November 4, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I purchased Aftera at my local CVS because they were out of Plan B. Took it maybe 15 hours after having intercourse on 10/06. Didn't have any symptoms from the pill. Fast forward to 10/24 the regular day for my cycle to start. Yes I was getting nervous after reading mixed reviews of some getting pregnant, early cycle, serve cramping and some late cycles. But I can now add that as of 10/27 it was just later than norman yet still no cramping and nauseous. I don't normally have those issues anyway. So I hope my review helps someone seeking if this pill really works."

Excited (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill 8 hours after unprotected sex. The guy bought it because the man at the counter said it was just as effective as "Plan-B" but cheaper. Fast forward tow weeks, im having hard cramps and mu period was 5 days late. I took a pregnancy test and it came back possitive. PAY THE EXTRA $10 FOR THE "Plan-B". Aftera is NOT effective"

MotherToBe October 5, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Aftera are the BEST!! I have taken these pills days after I had a lapse in pills with my Hubby and they ALWAYS work!! I mean it was like 3 days later and they still worked. One time the pregnancy test was slightly showing a faint line but my period came on time! I was worried because my breasts were getting bigger and I was throwing up and everything, but they worked!! The people who say they took the pills and ended up pregnant might want to reevaluate their timing or sexual activity."

WIFE TYPE September 18, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "The condom broke unfortunately, and it never broke before. My boyfriend and I were very scared because we are not ready for a baby, no where near it. It has been approximately 3 days since I took it. And it worked, not as pricey either. A good review for you %u263A"

never too late September 4, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Took this pill less than 24 hours later and I'm now 5 weeks pregnant."

Sincerely Pregnant August 24, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took Aftera just 2 hours after unprotected sex. Now, 25 days later, my period is late, I'm nauseous with two positive pregnancy tests .WOW. NOT WORTH IT. PLEASE use PLAN B instead of this. I had no symptoms after taking this (as compared to the cramping and what not from PlanB.) Aftera probably packs their packages with sugar pills. What a terrible situation to be in."

BeggerOfMercy (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I bought this after having unprotected sex with my significant other. I bought it and followed instructions and took it as directed and 2 weeks later I find out I am pregnant. I am now dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and unfortunately having to get my first abortion ever. If I could go back in time I would have paid the extra bucks for Plan B. Save yourself the emotional distress and either refill your birth control right away or get Plan B that will work."

Upset consumer (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "So Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex Monday and I was a little irresponsible and might have been ovulating but it's always difficult for me to tell (however my boyfriend never ejacualtes inside of me (with and without protection). Anyways I went and bought Aftera the morning afterwards (less then 24 hours). It is now Friday and I honestly just want my period to come so I know forsure. Haven't really noticed symptoms but today I had a BIG increase in white creamy (not stretchy) discharge. Does anyone know what this means?"

Scared but hopeful July 23, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I'm Doing this because I was in the same position as many other people who have accidents while having sex..my case was the broken condom. I had sex on July 7 and took the Aftera pill after 25hrs from having sex. My only symptom from the pill was a late period. I was supposed top get my period on July12, and it didn't arrive, I was beginning to worry. I have it a wait, and here I am 4 days later, cramping and with my period(: don't worry too much, just let the pill do it's work. You will be okay(:"

andiieeeeloreee (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Soo I have unprotected sex June 25 and immediately took the pill on the 26th but I was suppose to get my period on that day and now it's the 28 and I still haven't gotten my period???? I know I'm just freaking myself out but I think it was just the pill that is making my period late... Hopefully. but I am absolutely having no side affects thank god. Just gotta be patient and stop stressing myself out!"

Stay calm June 29, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I was so unbelievably petrified when I had sex and the condom broke. I ran to cvs the second it opened which was around 8 hours after I had sex. They were out of plan b and aftera was the only option. I figured better than nothing. I googled the entire day, it said I was in my highest fertility window and I had absolutely no side effects. That made me even more nervous. I woke up today knowing I should get my period in absolute panic but it worked. I wrote this because I didn't find many happy reviews and I really could have used one while I was excessively googling. I hope this helps one person. I am one happy customer!"

Not prego (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I don't think this is as effective as they state. Took it 24 hours after unprotected sex and a few weeks later im 4 weeks pregnant! Took as directed and had zero side effects. Didn't work for me now onto having to deal with an unwanted pregnancy. Buyer beware!!!"

Britchk032!$ June 2, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Me and my boyfriend always have safe sex, but this time the condom seemed to come off inside of me and we didn't notice until after he finished. I took Aftera about 1 hour after it happened. IT REALLY WORKS. My ovulation window was around that time and I was freaking out. My period comes every 30 days and I got it on time! (two weeks after taking the pill). I'm on my third day of having my period and it is lighter than usual, but not to a big degree. The only symptoms I got from the pill were dizziness, nausea, and fatigue. This was my first time taking Aftera and it was very effective. The sooner you take it, the better it works."

T0t0r0 May 17, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I know your here Reading this to see if it really works and YES it WORKS Well it was my birthday and me and my friend went off messing around and well then this happened that he finished in me and I well am not ready at all to be a mom neither him to be a dad so we went to a pharmacy 5hours after the happening and yes it's pretty expensive but it's worth it at the end. So anyways I took it five hours after the accident it was really nerve wrecking so then the next day I felt nauseous and well major headaches through out but nothing unbearable you'll get cramps here and their it's been exactly a week from the deed and I got my period finally and well never been anymore happy for my period"

Natalygomez4 May 1, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "Took the pill 12 hours after unprotected sex. I'm a month late took a pregnancy test it's negative but I'm still worried I might be because I have started yet"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

For Emergency Contraception "I took aftera on the 27th of March after having planned unprotected sex with my husband. I didn't really experience any major side effects other than headaches and cramping here and there for 2 days and then after that it went away. I still haven't had my period and I'm 3 weeks late. Took a pregnancy test a yesterday and it came back negative. I haven't had any symptoms of pregnancy but it worries me than my period should have come by now and it still hasn't. I have a doctors appointment set up for this Friday hopefully I'm not pregnant."

Xeoxidous (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016