User Reviews for Aftera

Emergency Contraception
6.7

Summary of Aftera reviews 6.7 102 reviews

Reviews for Aftera

For Emergency Contraception "Okay this is my first time ever taking a pill like this but I took this pill a day after my last period in May. I took it it I think a hour of what I thought was protected sex but the condom came off inside me so we were just both scared. 4 days later I started bleeding AGAIN for 4 days in May and I’ve been experiencing lightly bloated stomach, a little nauseous, and I been having to pee a little more. It’s now June and my period is 9 days late and I’m nervous and don’t know what to do. Has anyone else experienced something like this before?"

Lovesnenea (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Aftera worked for me. Took the pill 16 hours after unprotected sex (while I was ovulating). Did not experience any side effects and got my period 14 days later on the expected date. I did have cramps when my period came but my periods come with horrible cramps anyways so it wasn't too bad for me. I recommend it!"

Alex May 18, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "After having unprotected sex, Plan B One Step is usually my go-to emergency contraceptive. However, upon arriving at the pharmacy, there was none available, but next to it were 2 Aftera pills. I was very sceptical because I've never heard about this brand. Because I wanted something immediately, I decided to purchase this drug and took it approximately 15 hours after having unprotected sex. Here I am, 3 weeks later with abdominal cramps. I went to the doctor today, where I found out I was pregnant. I had a feeling I was because my body felt different; bloated, unusual abdominal cramps and dizziness. I would not recommend this pill to anyone!!! Very disappointing that it didn't work. I've taken Plan B even later than 24 hours and it has worked. Be careful, ladies and good luck!"

disappointed (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I totally recommend NOT having unprotected sex anytime knowing the possibilities pregnancy. I understand things happen so don't feel bad, I've used both Plan B and Aftera. There have been a couple instances where the Pharmacy was out of Plan B, the pill everyone says is better. I have taken Aftera and it has worked for me, it's the same just cheaper. I highly recommend using it as soon as directed on the box within 72hrs, but taking it earlier is more likely to be effective (NO LATER than 24 hours). I am aware if the condom brakes, and the chances of getting pregnant even with it on. It's always smart to be safe, and use protection rather than relying on the Emergency Pill alone. Keep in mind whether protected or not we all are accountable for our actions and must understand that there are consequences. ALWAYS play it SAFE and GOOD LUCK."

Stephie May 7, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So about 3 weeks ago I took aftera. This was my first time taking any kind of morning pill. My boobs have grown so much and they’re sore, they’ve been so sore after I took that pill. I was supposed to get my period yesterday but nothing. I’m cramping but I don’t know if I’m pregnant."

Cr7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Did not work. I had intercourse on the 7th took Aftera on the 9th. After I took it I started doing some research and I found out that if you are already ovulating then it won’t do anything for you. Wish I would have saved my money. I still ended up pregnant."

Justme123 April 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "After about 30 minutes of having unprotected sex where an ejaculation occurred, I went out and bought an Aftera pill. It was about $10 less than a Plan B. I immediately took it after purchasing. After about a month of stressing myself out and frantic worrying, my period came (slightly early). Just a forewarning before taking: my cramps were the worst I have ever had them. They actually caused me to sweat they were so extreme. All in all, if I ever need one again (hopefully I won’t) I would recommend Aftera. Ladies don’t stress yourself out and trust the pill. It works!"

Alyssa (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill because the pharmacy ran out of plan b, it was cheaper so I was happy. Broke condom situation and I got nervous took it the next day I’m also on birth control so I didn’t feel as scared but still to be careful took this. I didn’t experience cramps or anything or what other people felt. I don’t know if I was mood or not because I’m naturally kinda moody. I think it worked well. I’m not pregnant and that’s all that matters !"

Mel April 4, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex a week before my scheduled period. I took the morning after pill (Aftera) 12 hours after and got my period one day late. It was a brown colour at first and very light, then my full period came. Fast forward a month later and my period is 5 days late... I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were both negative. I know I’m just being paranoid because I’ve read so many similar situations, but at the same time this has never happened to me before when taking an emergency contraceptive. I’m feeling extremely anxious about this, anyone in the same boat?"

Soccerchick25 March 20, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "This stuff sucks. Has unprotected sex used this thing 5 hrs later. I am now 3 weeks pregnant.."

Anonymous March 16, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Back in January 2016, I had a one time experience and took Aftera probably an hour after. Three weeks later I was pregnant! I just took Aftera again this past week because I was delayed on my birth control and had unprotected sex.. so we will see if it works! Reading these comments has got me nervous!"

Palmer (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Bought it & took it within 72 hours of unprotected sex, two weeks later I started feeling nauseous, checked my self & boom I was pregnant. Horrible"

Sheila (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "So I’m unaware of what’s going on to my body. I got this Flo app to keep track of my period. I realized it said I had ovulated on 2/7 that day I had unprotected sex w/ my partner. We have enough kids as it is lol so we of course went that route to get a morning after pill. I picked up the Aftera on 2/9 figured I’d be safe in the 72 hour mark. So later on that evening I start getting cramps and felt nauseous. It’s now 2/10 cramps still going very annoying . Now I don’t believe this ovulation chart can really know when I’m ovulating but if it true and I had intercourse when I ovulated and took the pill 2 days after am I safe ?! These cramps sucks I’m assuming it the pill working and if so thank goodness but WTH?! Ugh any advice ?"

Naydazzle (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Well I took the pill and I am now pregnant. I took it within 30 hours after having unprotected sex but I just recently found out that it will be less effective if you’re already ovulating... when looking up reviews it’s also great to look up reasons why it may not work ... Good luck to you all !!"

Blakee February 5, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "I have taken Aftera a few times and it's always worked! I usually just get a headache the day after taking it along with mild cramps, but nothing too bad."

Wreckless February 2, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Doesn’t work at all very upset my dr prescribed me this brand!! Now I’m pregnant!"

Angry33 January 25, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "First of all -- do not worry. This stuff works, and I've used it at least 3 times. The latest I've taken it was 2 days after the incident, and the earliest I've taken it was 30 minutes after. Just chill and let the pill do the work. One time that I took it, I had really bad cramps but the most recent pill didn't give me any symptoms. In fact, I got my period today, only one day late."

MaryTheBerry January 23, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "After instructing my friend to purchase a Plan B after of “fun time” he returned with “Aftera”. I took the pill and 5 days later I began a slow brown spotting situation that I never experienced before, this lasted about 4 days then a HEAVY Brown period began. There has been crazy cramping and my legs even ache, so much I’ll wake up in the night. At least I got my period but I don’t recommend this experience. Not the most comfortable, hormones going crazy...smh"

Heather J (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Took it 30 hours after sex. Still got pregnant."

Jeeeeeee January 12, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had sex mishap on early early sat morning. Went out 12 hours later (Sunday morning) bought 2 Aftera pills for double protection. Was 10 bucks cheaper than plan b. Took 1st one immediately then 12 hours later took the 2nd one. Was kinda skeptical after reading Aftera reviews. Period came 3 days early from my normal time so I was almost shocked that it worked. :)"

Ddeertb235 January 2, 2018

For Emergency Contraception "Had unprotected sex on November 11th, no condom, no birth control (highly don’t recommend). He came inside me and I panicked and got Aftera less than 30 minutes later. The next couple days I experienced headaches and nausea. I got my period yesterday, early, and have had more intense symptoms than usual. Try to relax and trust in the pill, it works."

blessed11 November 26, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex on a Friday afternoon also later that night I went out and bought aftera for $39.99 on Sunday afternoon took it and started my period early Saturday morning I was very nervous and scared that this pill wouldn't work patiently waiting for my period to come and it did 6 days after taking aftera"

For Emergency Contraception "So yeah, ladies do your self a favour and get Plan B. Took this one for the first time last month after a camping trip at 48 hrs after and well I'm now pregnant. Also if you have unprotected sex 4 days before your most fertile day or on the day JUST get two pills to increase odds of not conceiving.... Also, I'm hearing if your BMI is more than 25 apparently the 1.5mg $40-$50 pill isn't enough... so again get two especially if in this window. Stay strong....& May The Force Be With You."

OMG2018! November 23, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "Took this about 10 hours after unprotected sex. Felt fine the day I took it, but about 3 weeks later I started to feel sick to my stomach, crampy and had lower back pain. OF COURSE I panicked read lots of negative reviews and took a test, which came back negative, but I also took it about 2 1/2 weeks after intercourse, so it was still early. Fast forward 2 weeks and my period is here. For me it did what I needed it to, so I was okay with the side effects. Do not overthink it and don't read all the negative reviews, it does work!"

Lg_1123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2017

For Emergency Contraception "It works!!! Same ingredient as plan b, better price. No side effects experienced."

Isaabella November 18, 2017