User Reviews for Ketoconazole

Also known as: Nizoral

Learn more about Ketoconazole.

Dermatophytosis 2 reviews 12 medications

Onychomycosis, Toenail 1 reviews 21 medications

Vaginal Yeast Infection 4 reviews 59 medications

7.7
Tinea Versicolor 4 reviews 97 medications

6.7
Summary of Ketoconazole reviews 11 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Ketoconazole

For Dermatophytosis: "I started using treatments for a skin rash that suddenly started appearing on my body, after using a box which Is equal 10 tablets I realised the rashes where disappearing so I stop using it several days or weeks later the rashes had start coming again, now I started taking it and I'm having a pretty bad side effects but I can see is working but side effects on my liver and a little swollen of my tongue too. Should I stop using it and start using it in its correct way that's one tablet (200mg) a day for 6 months?"

Euro (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2016

Nizoral (ketoconazole) for Tinea Versicolor: "I have a severe case of tinea versicolor & I have tried several over-the-counter remedies as well as a couple prescriptions. I read the other comments on here was hopeful based on their experience, so I asked my doctor for it! WORST IDEA EVER!!!! I was also on a few other medications @ the same time for ADD & depression/anxiety. the Nizoral had a completely unexpected interaction & caused me to go crazy. no really- I mean hallucinating, talking to inanimate objects, thinking my car & trees & such things were ALIVE alive... absolutely out-of-my-mind nuts. it was terrifying. PLEASE!!!-- if you are going to try Nizoral & you're on any other medication I beg you to stay in CLOSE & HONEST communication with your doctor. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!"

ac2521 October 20, 2015

For Tinea Versicolor: "I experienced iching While on medication and immediately I Stoped taking _which was after three weeks treatment but the tinea disappeared"

timan April 6, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took nizoral and my GI distress symptoms resolved, all toenails cleared of fungus growth symptoms including big toenails fell off and new healthy ones replaced, and scalp cleared up from dandruff."

stillokie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Using this as a treatment for yeast infection and skin infection. It has had a remarkable response to the yeast infection but not so for the skin. "

Nana19592013 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

For : "I only started this medication 6 hours a go from writing this and my ears are clearing up my neck is less stiff but the bladder is still a bit irritated so might take a bit longer for my bladder irritation. 3 Years a go I started suffering pain, jaw problems, neck, bladder, bowl, throat, tonsils removed, MRI on jaw clicking, I do have H pylori, Dry skin, Depression, anxiety, intestine problems and just all out hell. To find out it is possibly a fungi infection is WOW. WHY DON'T DOCTORS TEST FOR THIS MORE. Meds Oxycodone Methadone Para/Codeine Valium Xanax And the list goes on and overall this has helped me in 6 Hours then what has in 3 years. Post back in 2 weeks to let you know how it went."

Shaun W (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2013

Nizoral (ketoconazole) for Tinea Versicolor: "To be more effective Tinea versicolor has to be treated on the inside with the pills, and on the outside with the shampoo. The dermatologist informed me of this. "

subjeff679 August 17, 2012

Nizoral (ketoconazole) for Tinea Versicolor: "My son and I both have taken Nizoral twice a day for 6 days. It cleared the issue up completely in approximately one month. However, it seems to return after a few years."

waldoe7 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2012

For Dermatophytosis: "Excellent"

veerakumarsusmitha November 5, 2011

Nizoral (ketoconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Excellent for vaginal infection. "

Anonymous October 11, 2011

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have Lyme Disease so I got a yeast Infection from antibiotic usage. My yeast infection is nothing like you will find. Basically just feels like rug burn on the head of my penis. Unfortunately it rubs in my underwear when I walk around so its VERY ANNOYING. I was given Diflucan and it gave me head pressure so they gave Ketoconazole and its my second/third day on it. I have NOT seen any substantial improvements. Yes its helped but this should work faster."

Anonymous June 26, 2011

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Works well."

2ridofyeast September 23, 2009