User Reviews for Immune globulin subcutaneous

Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome
6.7

Reviews for Immune globulin subcutaneous

Hopeful · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2021

Cuvitru (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I have not been well for the last 14 years NTM infection /COPD /bronchiectasis IGG2/IGG4 Deficiency sinunitis many chest infections I have started on Cuvitru coming up on my fourth treatment. I have been hearing so many positive comments and this is my last resort. I’m really hoping that this will give me some energy something more of a normal life. My doctor is amazing, so happy to have crossed paths with this program and the staff are absolutely fantastic patience and kind and understanding , Looking forward to sharing my positive stories will be in touch till then stay healthy stay safe”

Candy · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 22, 2020

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I am 62, have been on Hizentra infusions for 2 years, and do the infusions in my Stomach. Over the last year my stomach has gotten really puffy and bloated. I called the Hizentra pharmacy and they told me that was a side effect to change infusion sites. I will do that and let you know what happens,”

Ree · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2020

Vivaglobin (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I was allergic to this drug Vivaglobin!!! I would get huge welts at my infusion sights. They would blister and then the skin would come off and become very angry! Even worse, I would get projectile vomiting the 3rd day after! It didn't matter if I ate or didn't, it felt like it was coming up from my toes! I was missing more work than being sick from all of the other infections!”

TW · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 15, 2020

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Hizentra has been life changing for me. I’ve been doing home infusion for 9 yrs. I am very seldom sick now. Before Hizentra I was sick more than not. Suffered with MRSA, sinus infections, strep infections, along with whatever viruses were going around. Now I am well more than sick. So thankful for Hizentra.”

Orion · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 3, 2019

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous): “I've been diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome for 10 years. I've used intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) for 9 years and subcutaneous for 1 year. Over the 9 years I've had Gammagard, Gamunex, Gamunex-C, Privigen, and others. Worse was Privigen. At best I had flu like conditions and the worse was anaphylactic shock. Gammagard was my go to for 80% of the 9 years of IVIG and worked well for me. After 9 years of infusion centers and dealing with getting to know other patients that had cancer. I just couldn't take the emotional toll. I switched to self infusing with Hizentra a little over a year ago. It took about a month to get back into my old swing of how I felt. After that things just got better. I don't experience the monthly cycle of IVIG rollercoaster ride of feeling great to like crud before the next infusion. Since Hizentra, subq, is weekly I'm always just a day or two away from my next infusion if I over extended myself and wore the good off the infusion. Hope this review helps.”

Auggiedog · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2018

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I just had my third subcutaneous infusion of hizentra . I have had a few side effects such as itching at injection sites only on the first infusion. Today I had a small headache and heart burn. I was easily able to treat this with OTC meds. But the good news is I am able to do things I love for the first time in 15 years. Don’t wait to get this med started. I hope you will be a success story too!”

SherlockianOne · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 28, 2018

Cuvitru (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “First put on Hizentra, that worked like a miracle. That is, until my gradual itchiness turned into a full hives after one infusion. So that was stopped. Cuvitru was next prescribed. As a nurse friend noted, often it's the 'stabilizer' that people are allergic to. I still have lightly raised hives, but they aren't full on or totally itchy. More like dry skin. Other reactions are redness at infusion site, for about 12 hours...gone next day. Sometimes exhaustion that literally can knock me out for anything up to 2 hours in mid afternoon. Slight feeling in my head of cold/and headache. Again, you can prep with Tylenol (I do not). And Benadryl. (I do not, since it DOES put me to sleep). The medication HAS kept me healthy. I not longer sweat being around children or adults who are coughing. The weekly infusion does run my life on that day, but the tradeoff to be healthy and not sick on antibiotics 4 plus times a year (often with second rounds) makes the tradeoff worth my while.”

annie · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 8, 2018

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I have been on Hizentra for over a year. I had a few side effects the first few infusions. I am glad to report that for the first time in my 62 years I was not sick at all since I started the infusions. It has been life changing for me!”

Clovers_mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2017

Cuvitru (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “What a savior! After enduring 6 months on Privigen (low trough level after). Switched to Hizentra, more side effects and infections like I was on nothing, except the side effects were unbearable! I'm on my second month of Cuvitru and had no idea that you could feel so well after an subcutaneous immunoglobulin (SCIg) replacement. I have energy, my sinus infection is FINALLY getting better, almost zero side effects. I love Cuvitru and it has changed my life!”

Bodidly · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 2, 2013

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I take Hizentra once per week and I have not had any infections, sickness or Any other problems. The prep is very easy and afterwards just a few lumps that Slowly disappears after a few hours. Once a week at home and after 2 years With no infections it has been great.”

Ali · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2018

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I infused Hizentra for 3 months, and although I had no infections during that time, my doctor took me off due to adverse side effects. I had flu-like symptoms such as severe fatigue and muscle and joint pain, and felt horrible every day. Eventually I also had extreme kidney pain after every infusion. There are different stabilizers in each drug, and I was told I was probably allergic to the stabilizer in Hizentra. I switched to Cuvitru, which has a different stabilizer, and I am doing much better, with no pre-meds and minimal side effects. My IG levels are also higher on Cuvitru.”

Blbuchanan · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2016

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “My RA med stripped my Immune System. I was getting sick every mth. My antibody levels were literally going down in sequence over time (5,4,3,2,1..). Then after 3 months on Hizentria (20%,10mg,50cc, once weekly), the jump in all of my numbers's was AMAZING! Ex: neg/0 up to 7/8!, etc. I'm NOT getting sick every month! Bonus, they have the BEST Patient Support Programs I've ever seen! From P2P support, Monthly CoPay Asst, even some coverage Help if Insurance is Lost!, etc!”

Rjslabmm March 7, 2011

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I started on Hizentra 3 months ago and I am quite pleased with the differance it has made. I was always feeling run down and so so tired all the time and I would have one Sinus infection after an other. I was so sick of taking antibiotics. They say at about four months I will be close to my plateau, I don't know about that as I was quite run down. Each week has had its ups and downs, You know i step forward and 2 back, lately however I have been noticing a more level and steady state. I don't care to much for inserting the 4 needles every week and the injection site pain but it is only there for a couple of days then I have 5 days to enjoy life. Good luck to you! Mike”

Buglette October 21, 2015

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I have had 6 treatments. My goal is not to have bronchitis, sinusitis, or pneumonia repeatedly. For 48-72 hours post rx.my abdomen is hot pink, swollen and painful. I I then feel fantastic for 6 days and then my malaise gradually kicks back in. I had a 3 month" virus" at age 11. I was unable to walk for more than a few feet at a a time. I have never felt good since. Life was not what it should have been. My " awesome" days are well worth all the downsides of this rx. ONLY regret is that I could have had it sooner. I am so thankful for this medication.”

SHEKFirst · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2020

Cuvitru (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “First treatment abdominal cramps, nurse suggested Benadryl. No problem since. I only took them twice! No lumps, bumps or redness, nothing feeling improvement already. Movement already improved Thank you so much Cuvitru, this has been 7 years to find a drug that works!”

dante222 November 15, 2013

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I have only been on Hizentra one month so imagine it has not had time to work. Within that month I have had 2 sinus infections (dealing with one now and feel awful). I would like to know how long it took for people to start feeling better. One doc says 5 infusions, and another says much longer. However, I have had more energy in between the infections. Your comments have been helpful.”

Bellalou · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2018

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Plus: It is easy to use, takes less than an hour start to finish and I have no infusion reactions. Minus: I have been sick 3 times with upper respiratory infections in the last 6 months. While on gammagard I had no infections for 3 years, even after traveling. Unfortunately the infusion reactions to gammagard were tough.”

Chubbyjoe July 20, 2013

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “3 years at home has been a relief for me. Needle area sites takes about 2 hours to disappear. 10 grams per week of Hizentra keeps my level normal and I have not had any infections or illness. The cream is applied 15 minutes before the needles and very smooth going in.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2020

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I would not recommend this drug Hizentra for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome. On the first injection, my stomach swelled up 2 pants sized. I have been on it for over a month and have gained over 20 lbs. I’m in constant pain and always tired.”

Reta April 23, 2018

Cuvitru (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I will begin my treatment with Cuvitru this coming Thursday . I’m hoping that my expectations aren’t set too high. I’ve felt sick for so long and exhausted for so long, I don’t want to be let down. Can anyone let me know what realistic expectations I should have? Thank you”

191946 October 31, 2013

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “The 20% solution has allowed me to drop 10 grams per week off my infusion. The consistency of my levels for the past 3 years have been normal and I have not had any infections. Recently I had to change my insurance and during that Time I had a lapse in my infusion for 3 weeks, then I started back on my infusions and I did not have any problems at all during the 3 weeks without Hizentra.”

Clovers_mom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 11, 2017

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I was on Hizentra and never felt well - ever! During infusion, I would immediately become nauseated. Shortly thereafter I would experience a horrible headache. My Pre-medications were Zofran, Zomig (for my migraine problems), Tylenol, and Benadryl. My trough level was at a decent level so I was able to have my sinus surgery. I had post sinus infections of 3 different bacteria. I just kept getting sicker and sicker. Hizentra was the worst drug interactions ever put into my body for 8 months!”

998041 December 27, 2010

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Medicare required patients to switch from viva to globulin. The switch for me resulted in instant disability, numerous infections. It became evident that the same dosage of viva was not equivalent to Hizentra. Hizentra had to be increased by a factor of 1.59 of viva. The weekly grams infused out weigh any advantage of the 20% solution.”

Rumbelina · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2020

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I just had my second Hizentra treatment of 6 injections but this time in my arm. It has been about 8 hours since my treatment ended, and I have been in bed pretty much since then. My arm at the injection sites is hot and swollen which I can deal with. I did better on gamma guard despite having lousy veins. My sinus and ear infection symptoms returned mid-treatment. Not sure I will continue since I am feeling ill and vaguely drugged. I just had a kitchen accident and yelled at my hungry cats for jumping around.”

Anonymous April 6, 2011

Vivaglobin (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I am 41 year old female, have been taking Vivaglobin for about 3 years now after immunoglobulin treatments weren't possible due to my veins couldn't take it anymore. I feel so much better since the treatments. I admit, I hate the idea of poking myself 3 times a week, but I can't rave about it enough. I went through most of my life a sick person, and thought I was a hypochondriac. I would hate to see if I couldn't take it anymore, I am so much more healthier. Thanks to all those donations of blood, in order to make this wonderful drug.”

Deeannalynn · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2020

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Horrible drug. Hizentra caused a severe site reaction, ended up in the ER. Severe blood pressure elevation to 180, normal is 120. Still elevated at 140 a week later. May have caused kidney damage. Going back to Gammaguard...way better! No reaction over 3 years.”

NevadaRich · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 29, 2016

Hizentra (immune globulin subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Switched from nurse-infused IVIG to Hizentra,with zero side effects on the former. Now, 2 months later, sinusitis and nasal misery move in at 5th day, maybe my dose is too low. These old symptoms disappear a day or so after weekly self-infusion. Otherwise, all is well.”

Girl with immune deficiency · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 23, 2015

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Have been on and off hizentra for a few years. It really works; however; my hair is thinning and my hairline receding. I am tapering off now in order to save my hair but I am exhausted and starting to feel sick again. So frustrating.”