User Reviews for Gammagard Liquid

Gammagard Liquid has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 3 ratings on Drugs.com. 20% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome
6.3
Summary of Gammagard Liquid reviews 6.3 3 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Sue August 23, 2020

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I have Common variable immune deficiency (CVID). First time ever receiving this (gammagard) developed severe headache, N&V&D. Temp 100.2 and low back pain. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. Symptoms continued for 4 days. Second treatment gave me temp of 102, N&V, back pain, hypotension and lasted 3 days. 3rd dose was changed to phlebogard and I had headache , low back pain. & symptoms lasted 2 days, but did not start until 48 hrs post administration. Much better toleration.”

Miss Mina · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 14, 2019

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Was on gammagard at the hospital for one year. Had terrible back pain after infusion and my numbers never got above 525 for IgG. Changed to Hizentra and my number are near 1200 for IgG.”

Orion · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 3, 2019

“I had Stiff Person Syndrome and I was on this medication 80% of my last 9 years of IVIG. It did well over all. I grew tired of the ups and downs I would go through each month. 2 weeks of feeling great, 1 week of meh, followed my a week of horrible with all my symptoms feeling magnified. I finally switched to subq last year and haven't looked back.”

laurah111 January 7, 2014

For Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy: “I was diagnosed in 2007 with Lewis-Sumner disorder a branch of Chronic Inflammatory Demyelination Polyradiculoneuropathy. I received a week of loaded doses of Gammagard then maintenance dose of 100 g and has been at 90 g for a few years now. This medicine is a great help for the atrophy in my legs but I do get side effects...moderate to severe back and muscle pain, cramping in my upper front main thigh muscle, foot and toes. Also a lot of hair loss and women should not get IVIG infusion when on their menstrual cycle. It causes more clots and a lot of increased flow than normally happens. Double up on your monthly femine products and be prepared to change them every 30 minutes. I also experience fatigue and frequent urination and headaches. Drink lots of water! I take Excedrine migraine.”

jjrolfe · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 5, 2013

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “The side effects are being down more than I am up. Headaches, fatigue, joint pain, nausea, diarrhea. ”