User Reviews for Gamunex-C

Gamunex-C has an average rating of 8.7 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 75% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome
10.0
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
Summary of Gamunex-C reviews 8.7 7 reviews

PoohBear · Taken for less than 1 month · November 26, 2018

For Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy: “I have been under IViG therapy (intravenous immunoglobulin therapy) for more than 4 years, after first trying steroids for CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy). Felt better immediately with steroids, but gained weight which is now impossible to lose! Switched to Gamunex which I have used alternately (every 6 months with a change of living location) with Gamagard - no problems with either one. The only thing I can complain about is the time at the hospital every 3 weeks that is required. At the last appointment I was informed that a switch had been made from the Gamagard to Gamunex-C. Again, no problems whatsoever. I feel fortunate that I no longer fall, and have only mild balance problems, along with NO REACTIONS to the products used in treatment.”

markleventhal · May 11, 2011

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I've been on Gamunex since it was introduced. I take 60 grams every three weeks in about 2-1/2 hours. I have no side effects and pre-medicate with Allegra and Advil. It is by far the easiest tolerated of any of the IViG products. I've used IViG for over 30 years. Works for me.”

CIDP-Patient · August 6, 2011

For Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy: “After 5 months of infusions I feel better although CIDP symptoms persist. Side effects were mouth sores/swollen lips both with white blisters starting after three days resolving after two weeks. Significant coverage of chest and back rash, large red blotches. Start on the fifth day and resolve after forming black scabs after three weeks. Will continue with last treatment and then quit.”

MackM3232 · February 21, 2018

For Multifocal Motor Neuropathy: “Great medication for my Myasthenia Gravis (a chronic autoimmune neuromuscular disease), but very expensive. Company is not helping with cost if you have MG . They are using FDA guidelines...I will need to stop using it after several years.”

markincleveland · February 12, 2010

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “In a 2007 study Gamunex was shown to have the least side effect of any of the IViG products”

Grammy · Taken for 5 to 10 years · July 4, 2019

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “In 5 years of use, only one infection and need for antibiotics. Reduced ‘headaches’ symptom with Gamunex. I was on it for Common variable immune deficiency (CVID)”

pamelami · Taken for 2 to 5 years · April 24, 2016

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Changed my life. Much healthier now.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · December 31, 2017

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: “Worked fine and lasted 9 months first time. Second and third time no blessing”