User Reviews for Haloperidol (Page 5)

Also known as: Haldol, Haldol Decanoate

Aggressive Behavior 1.0
Summary of Haloperidol reviews 4.6 111 reviews

Reviews for Haloperidol

Misty Sierra January 15, 2013

Haldol (haloperidol) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I have Addison's disease we had tried all conventional medications. I got this injected by the ER and told my dr that even though they gave it to me for anxiety I didn't vomit or get nauseous for 24 hrs.”

pjo · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2012

For Psychosis: “Immediately felt a lot better taking this. After a couple of weeks now I have been feeling some kinesia-related issues: sore joints, sore muscles, but I'm not exactly sure it correlates to this medicine because my activity level is varied also. It helps voices and conspiracies chill out. But maybe that's exactly what "they" want! But I have felt immediately better, but am concerned about long-term effects considering the sudden onset of other symptoms. I have been nothing but tired lately too, while I've been getting more sleep and sleeping earlier also. This is something I need to address with my doctors and it does seem like a medicine that does have need for monitoring of the effects. I'd rather not be on it very long.”

Anonymous December 15, 2011

Haldol (haloperidol) for Psychosis: “My dad started to see things and think things were happening that were not, He was put on Haldol and it works, they were going to slowly take him off it and when we took his noontime pill away he got bad again almost right away. This medicine really has worked for him and allowed him to stay home with us.”

My Lovely Son September 14, 2011

For Psychosis: “My son had a severe acute psychosis and was put on haloperidol for about 2-3 days. He had quite a bad reaction of dystonia (muscle stiffness) which is more common in young people and males (he was 17). He had trouble swallowing, drooled, arched his back involuntarily, etc. It was awful. I do think it helped the psychosis somewhat, but he could not tolerate it.”

Kazamyst July 5, 2011

Haldol (haloperidol) for Psychosis: “This is going to be kind of long and full of detail. I've been using Haldol for about 3 years now. It basically started when hearing voices got really bad. The combination of Geodon and Abilify DID NOT work. I admitted myself inpatient and got my Haldol. I started on 10mg. It took all the nasty symptoms away. And still does to this day. This is a one amazing medicine. I'm at the point with it now, that I can barely take 2.5 mg, (5mg cut in half) without feeling drugged up though. My body became very sensitive from it. You may gain some weight on this medicine. It does give you the munchies. However, I did weight watchers on this medicine and was able to take off some weight. Again, this medicine is down right amazing.”

respinoza5573 June 4, 2011

Haldol (haloperidol) for ICU Agitation: “Helps with anxiety and racing thoughts. Calms my mood down when angry and upset. Side effect is weight gain and being tired.”

Red Light January 12, 2011

Haldol (haloperidol) for Tourette's Syndrome: “The Haldol worked great for controlling my Tourette's, but it came with too many side effects so I had to switch. I gained ten pounds in the first week of use which tapered off after around three weeks, but the restlessness was unbearable. I was put on Cogentin for it but then my vision became blurry and could not see anything within eighteen inches. It was horrible.”

Anonymous August 23, 2010

Haldol (haloperidol) for ICU Agitation: “My father (now deceased) had a tendency to become agitated when confined to ICU for more than a couple of days. He was prescribed Haldol during one such stay. The medicine had a very negative effect; my father became aggressive. One morning I walked in to find that the staff had strapped his hands to the bed overnight! I complained (loudly) to another doctor and my father was taken off Haldol and moved to a private room. Almost immediately he became the sweet, even-tempered man that I always knew. I tried to keep my dad out of ICU after that. ”

Anonymous April 2, 2010

Haldol (haloperidol) for Psychosis: “I have been taking Haldol for a long time and it has controlled my condition very well.”

Anonymous March 3, 2010

Haldol (haloperidol) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Haldol was given to my mother for nausea/vomiting in her final days/weeks of battling colon cancer. Haldol worked great for nausea but the side effects were horrible. She was not drowsy, she was out! Not coherent, confused, wasn't able to eat and at times was agitated. Be very careful using this medication. It took two days after stopping the medication for it to leave her system and return to a normal state of mind.”

Raylee February 9, 2010

Haldol (haloperidol) for Dementia: “Haloperidol is not for use in psychotic conditions related to dementia. Haloperidol may cause heart failure, sudden death, or pneumonia in older adults with dementia-related conditions. (taken from this website)”

Anonymous November 2, 2009

For Dementia: “It can cause serious drowsiness. consult doctor for change of dose if you experience drowsiness and feeling like sleepy all the time.”

Anonymous August 18, 2008

blakecall August 18, 2008

Haldol (haloperidol) for Mania: “This has tremendously helped me when I get manic in addition to my Bipolar drugs.”

dwcharmedmn March 20, 2008

For Psychosis: “It seems to have my bi-polar condition under control it helps along with the medication celexa. I have found my moods not swinging as much.”