User Reviews for Mucinex D (Page 3)

Learn more about Mucinex D.

Mucinex D Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 407 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Mucinex D to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

"Took DM at bed time and will never do that again! Yes I felt better and felt some relief,however, the heart palpitations were out of this world! I was so jittery still 3 hours later, that I literally couldn't sit still in my bed. Finally was able to sleep at 3 and woke up feeling super dehydrated and almost hungover, with puffy eyes and a bad headache. No Mas!"

Diana28 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2015

"Great for congestion but I haven't slept for several days. I even stopped the second dose and took the pill at 7am, fell sleep normally but wide wake by 2am...fourth night like this but I am hoping to avoid sinusitis by taking this."

VACNY January 22, 2015

"Have not had sleep for two nights because of terrible cough. Took Mucinex D today at 2 pm and felt good. Like a new person. It's now 11 pm and cough is back so another night of no sleep. Do I take another Mucinex D at 2 am? Don't know if it will keep me awake or not. Choice: continue coughing with no sleep or no coughing with no sleep! "

Conbates January 15, 2015

"Helped somewhat with congestion but I could not continue to take it due to insomnia (even after taking it during the day) jitters, dizziness, and anxiety."

Moime January 10, 2015

"Took 1 Mucinex DM around 6 PM. My experience is like many here. It worked great on my congestion, but it is midnight and I am wide awake. I found this site searching for "Does Mucinex DM keep you awake?" Yup, it does."

Kagard January 2, 2015

"I was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis and/or COPD. When I get a cold it usually goes straight to my chest and I end up coughing for days, Liquid Mucinex is the only thing that kept the cold out of my chest! "

Ceeceebee December 11, 2014

"It definitely works! Took with Zquil before bed and slept fantastic! The next night I only took Mucinex before bed and slept only 2 hours! But cough and cold was gone faster then ever before."

scub December 5, 2014

"This is the only stuff that works. It saves me every time."

jc12345678910 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2014

"I got the generic, of Mucenix DM. It has definitely cut down the congestion and the coughing which is great, but its made me extremely jittery. I hope this feeling wears off soon."

jdkc4d (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2014

"I took two pills at 3:00 pm, I fell asleep around 10:30 pm and woke up wide awake at 1:00 am! I'm still sneezing and coughing but I'm feeling better than I was before so it works but now I'm wide awake and can fall back asleep and I feel funny like my heart beat is slower. I sure hope this feeling passes!"

Lacie23 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2014

"I have bronchitis was coughing non stop with chest congestion. I bought a package of Mucinex DM, I took one tablet around 10pm fell asleep at midnight woke up at 2am jittery still completely wide awake at 6am, good news is I can breathe clearly I haven't coughed in 8 hours; it works that's why I give it a 9, but this stuff is really powerful, I might be awake another 24 hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2014

"It works but, it's the pseudoephedrine that keeps you awake all night tossing and turning and I had that for about three days. I was physically exhausted but, wide awake."

Pamwa July 16, 2014

"I wish I would have read this before I had taken it. I have been awake for over 24 hours! I've been sick for days and now can't sleep. Yes I can breathe and less congestion but now I'm exhausted."

donnad775 (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2014

"I'm having a very severe nasal congestion from a cold. My normal DayQuil/NyQuil were not helping at all. Tried Sudafed, also did not help. Went to chemist in search of powerful medication and got the highest dosage of Mucinex D at the pharmacist's recommendation. Was warned about possible insomnia so I took 1 pill at 5pm thinking it's still more than 5 hours to bed time and I should be fine. Well, the congestion was gone. But I was up for the next 28 hours straight. The congestion returned after about 15 hours which makes me think the medicines effect must have worn off and I can take a nap. But no. After being up for 28 hours I decided that if I'm not getting any rest I may never get over my cold so I took a sleeping pill."

Galatea (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2014

"Took it expecting to cure my stuffy nose/cough. I feel like it made it worse."

Nick14683;?,($ May 8, 2014

"I read the reviews on Mucinex and was a little concerned but I was also desperate. For 2 months I had a thick post nasal drip that would cause me to constantly cough, especially at night. I had to sleep sitting up in my chair in the living room. I was wheezing, runny nose, coughing up tons of mucus or clearing my throat from it. I took one tablet at 8 am and another tablet at 8 pm. OMG I can clearly breathe with no wheezing or congestion or mucus getting in my way. I slept through the night and when I woke up my nasal passages and throat were clear. "

cloworm April 23, 2014

"I thought it helped a lot, not a miracle or anything of course. I felt better and did not have any sleep issues while using it. I hope that is just dependent on the user."

Momma of three (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2014

"Jittery and wide awake. But works great. Do not take before bed!"

up at night March 18, 2014

"It's 2:30 am and I'm wide awake! At the suggestion of my doctor, she said to take Mucinex D ... BIG MISTAKE! I'm definitely breathing perfectly, but I'm jittery and unable to sleep! Mucinex D in the morning, Sinex at night!"

Solo672 February 18, 2014

"I've been plugged up literally for years and had found no relief until now. I had tried everything from frequently rinsing my sinuses with a neti pot system, to prescriptions such as Nasonex, warm/moist heating pads, other over the counter medicines, etc. At this moment I feel pretty great. I took my first Mucinex D tab yesterday late afternoon and my second one this morning. My nose feels completely clear, the pressure behind my eyes is gone, my head feels normal for once....even my ears feel less plugged and are not clicking and popping nearly as much as usual. I'm surprised I have not had the insomnia and jitters that it seems most others have experienced. No unpleasant side effects so far. I highly recommend this! The relief is worth the $$."

JmichGee (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2014

"I took this medicine (2 pills) at 9 PM. I went up to bed at 10:30 and was not able to sleep all night. I tossed and turned, felt wide awake, and I am now at work. It did clear my sinuses and my severe headache is gone. It also made me feel jittery or like I am experiencing anxiety. I am definitely only going to take this first thing in the morning."

jodioctober January 21, 2014

"Mucinex D works, but do not take the medicine at night. I cannot get to sleep for nothing, and the heart palpitations are really bothering me."

MCarter584 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2014

"Bad case of Bronchitis and sinus pressure. I took Mucinex DM, 1 pill every 12 hours, for a week. I would fall asleep fine, but wake up 3-4 hours later and could not get back to sleep. I ran out of DM, and for the last few days took the Mucinex D instead. Not much sleep the first night, NO sleep at all last night combined with a lot of post nasal drip and the jitters. So glad I finally figured it out, as I'm a walking zombie right now. I will never take Mucinex D past the morning hours again."

yawnnn January 16, 2014

"I have not slept in 2 nights. It's 4 am and I'm wide awake. I'm so glad I found this website because I thought there might me something wrong with me. Would have never thought Mucinex was the culprit! Although it has definitely cleared up all my congestion. "

Tired- insomnia!! January 10, 2014

"Yep, I took ONLY 1 Mucinex D almost 24 hours ago for the 1st time and I'm still up. During the 1st 12 hours I didn't sleep a wink because I took this pill right before bed. My nose was dripping the whole night. This thing definitely unclogged my sinuses without the uncomfortable burning sensation of inhaling and the pain behind my face. My sinus relief lasted the whole 12 hours! I kept thinking it would wear off sooner. Throughout the day I haven't stopped sneezing and it's a scary sneeze, as in a loud scream, I've been scaring people all day. This is not my normal/typical sneeze. I usually sneeze like a silent little bunny! This is how I found this website to find out what this sneezing is all about. Doctor prescribed."

QT PI December 10, 2013