User Reviews for Retisert

Macular Edema

Uveitis

Summary of Retisert reviews 10.0 4 reviews

Reviews for Retisert

For Macular Edema "I was diagnosed with a rare systemic disease which attacks my retina, . Birdshot uveitis. Usually biologics are used to treat it but my side affects were many, sugar diabetes, high blood pressure & extreme fatigue. I had my first set of retiserts in 2008 and two other sets subsequently. I have just had the fourth in my left eye. I did have to have surgery to lower pressure in both eyes and now have glaucoma. I have had uneventful surgeries, no side effects except the above. I probably would have been blind from the uveitis and edema without them. But as stated above you should heavily weigh your options. I was 58 when I started and I am 70 now. Still with usable sight . My disease flares and remits at will."

Hi Rise (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2018

For Macular Edema "I've had three Retisert implants done . They work wonderfully but have had two that separated after being in for a while. The first separated after 6 years and the second after 3 years. The surgery was a breeze and prevented me from having injections . They did prevent recurring floaters .Thankfully my insurance covered it because it is quite expensive ."

Lou (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2018

For Uveitis "I suffer from a very aggressive case of Uveitis in my left eye due to Sarcoidosis. I have already had my right eye removed because of it. I became part of the research study developing this implant on the advice of my medical team and it preserved the sight in my remaining eye. I had minimal side effects: temporary pain after surgery, developed cataract (had removed 14 mos. later), increased eye pressure (used eye drops). On my 2nd implant now - usually lasts about 4 years. Highly recommend to anyone with uncontrollable Uveitis."

Mona in Indiana March 15, 2010

For Uveitis "Retisert is fantastic. I went from 20/400 to 20/10! The surgery is a breeze and restores eyesight."

Anonymous November 24, 2008