User Reviews for Retisert to treat Macular Edema

Reviews for Retisert

"I was diagnosed with a rare systemic disease which attacks my retina, . Birdshot uveitis. Usually biologics are used to treat it but my side affects were many, sugar diabetes, high blood pressure & extreme fatigue. I had my first set of retiserts in 2008 and two other sets subsequently. I have just had the fourth in my left eye. I did have to have surgery to lower pressure in both eyes and now have glaucoma. I have had uneventful surgeries, no side effects except the above. I probably would have been blind from the uveitis and edema without them. But as stated above you should heavily weigh your options. I was 58 when I started and I am 70 now. Still with usable sight . My disease flares and remits at will."

Hi Rise (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2018

"I've had three Retisert implants done . They work wonderfully but have had two that separated after being in for a while. The first separated after 6 years and the second after 3 years. The surgery was a breeze and prevented me from having injections . They did prevent recurring floaters .Thankfully my insurance covered it because it is quite expensive ."

Lou (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2018