User Reviews for Filgrastim to treat Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy

Also known as: Neupogen, Zarxio, Nivestym

Reviews for Filgrastim

Zarxio (filgrastim): "My WBC level was 25% of my usual pre chemo level after 4th week of chemo. Felt soooo much better after the first shot. I wished they hadn’t waited for such a low level to start it, they could see the weekly trend and my misery. I think insurance required a documentation of a certain value to allow me relief."

Llama Mama (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2019

Zarxio (filgrastim): "I have no pain until they put me 6 injections, The most severe pain in my back for 25 days . There is nothing for pain that helps. If some one knows something for pain or to stop the side effect please write it here. I'll be looking here for an answer or I'll go to the Drugs.com zarxio support group Thank you"

Ocean (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

Neupogen (filgrastim): "Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer. 6 rounds of FEC & T. IgE levels>5000. Highly allergic always. Neupogen ordered by my Oncologoist to be administered 24 hrs after chemo but his nurse did not communicate this to me. Day 14 I spiked 103 temp at 3 a.m.,surgical site was red and inflamed. Not understanding the severity of this, I took 2 Tylenol and went to sleep. Awakening Sunday a.m. with 102.5,; my Onco Surgeon sent me to the ER. Stat blood counts indicated neutropenia and celluitis. <500 white cells. I.V. antibiotics/ 5 days of Neupogen saved my life. Bones will ache, so whine or take pain meds. Get the shot; it does save lives. "

Tigerlilsally (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 13, 2012