User Reviews for Filgrastim

Also known as: Neupogen, Zarxio, Nivestym

Filgrastim has an average rating of 9.3 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 86% of those users who reviewed Filgrastim reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Neutropenia
8.8
Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy
10.0
Summary of Filgrastim reviews 9.3 8 reviews

Jessamine · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 16, 2021

Zarxio (filgrastim) for Neutropenia: “I had severe neutropenia (count dropped to 0) and was given an injection of Zarxio for five consecutive days in the hospital. It effectively jolted the bone marrow back to woking properly; blood counts have remained in the normal range for the eight months since my treatment.”

Cheya · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 25, 2021

Neupogen (filgrastim) for Neutropenia: “I have taken neupogen a few times over the years without any issues or pain. I was prescribed neupogen again, an injection for three days. The first two days were fine and the third day a few hours after my injection I had horrible pain in my lower back, radiating down to my thighs and up to my neck. It was so intense I had to take pain medication with did not seem to help and I considered going to the ER. I read online that Claritin helps because it relieves the histamines that are created when your body makes white blood cells. After taking Claritin my pain slowly started to get better within the hour. I strongly recommend asking your doctor about taking Claritin before your injections. It’s just not worth going through that type of pain. However, that said this drug is extremely effective at raising white blood counts and besides this one incidence of pain I did not have any other effects over the years.”

EM · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 8, 2019

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I had to use Filgrastim while I was getting chemotherapy for Primary Mediastinal Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma. I did 6 rounds of DA R-EPOCH and had to start giving myself the shots 24 hours after I got home from the hospital from each round of chemo. I took one shot every day in the evening for 6 to 10 days depending on my blood work. If my white blood cell counts were up then I could stop. I didn't have many side effects from this other than the terrible bone pain. I ached all over and got a headache after every shot. I was given pain meds from my oncologist which made it tolerable. Overall it worked well to bring up my counts keep me from being neutropenic too long after each round of chemo. My white blood cell counts dropped to like zero after each round so these shots helped me so much.”

Tigerlilsally · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 13, 2012

Neupogen (filgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “Stage 2 Invasive Breast Cancer. 6 rounds of FEC & T. IgE levels>5000. Highly allergic always. Neupogen ordered by my Oncologoist to be administered 24 hrs after chemo but his nurse did not communicate this to me. Day 14 I spiked 103 temp at 3 a.m.,surgical site was red and inflamed. Not understanding the severity of this, I took 2 Tylenol and went to sleep. Awakening Sunday a.m. with 102.5,; my Onco Surgeon sent me to the ER. Stat blood counts indicated neutropenia and celluitis. <500 white cells. I.V. antibiotics/ 5 days of Neupogen saved my life. Bones will ache, so whine or take pain meds. Get the shot; it does save lives. ”

imdb · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2013

Neupogen (filgrastim) for Neutropenia: “Was neutropenic and after several (3) injections of Neupogen, my white cell count was greatly increased. I had one injection in the arm and two in the stomach. Achy and tired for several days after injections, but feeling much better less than a week later.”

Ocean · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2018

Zarxio (filgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “I have no pain until they put me 6 injections, The most severe pain in my back for 25 days . There is nothing for pain that helps. If some one knows something for pain or to stop the side effect please write it here. I'll be looking here for an answer or I'll go to the Drugs.com zarxio support group Thank you”

BJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2018

Zarxio (filgrastim) for Neutropenia: “I was changed from neutprogen to zarxio by insurance company. I have had to take 6 shots in about 3 months due to low neutrophil count. I have had several bone marrow tests which point to autoimmune neutropenia. Seems to have developed several years after banked bone and metal were placed in my neck during fusions. Not sure if it works as well as neutprogen, but was told it is the same med.”

Llama Mama · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

Zarxio (filgrastim) for Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: “My WBC level was 25% of my usual pre chemo level after 4th week of chemo. Felt soooo much better after the first shot. I wished they hadn’t waited for such a low level to start it, they could see the weekly trend and my misery. I think insurance required a documentation of a certain value to allow me relief.”