User Reviews for Febuxostat

Gout
8.5

Summary of Febuxostat reviews 8.6 46 reviews

Reviews for Febuxostat

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "My doctor called it a miracle drug. I have been on ULORIC since it came out (5 years??).I was allergic to allopurinol plus it damaged my kidney function. Before uloric I could not put my fingers together. Now my joints are NORMAL. NO GOUT. No side effects. Thank you TEKEDA."

murphy308 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "Severe gout attacks and then went on Uloric. Unfortunately after 30 days use my labs came back with a high liver enzyme count so had to stop. But my uric acid went from 8.9 to 5.2 so I hope whatever my doctor prescribes will work as well."

Jak's Mom (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

For Gout: "Gout was attacking me since 2004, all kinds of medications and diets used but, when I used febuxostat for more than 2 years, uric acid level never run more than 5, once I left the medicine for 2 weeks, I felt not good and the uric acid was 9.4, after re using the pills for one week the uric acid level was 4.4 only."

BEN OTMAN (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "Been on this for 8 years in the UK - only £8/month NHS, which is amazing comparing to USA costs. Very, very effective, smooth drug, no gout attacks since starting. I split an 80mg pill in 3"

DaveDave (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 8, 2018

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "I have been on Uloric for 7 months. I originally was on Colchicine originally but my numbers kept increasing, so my Renal Dr. started me on Uloric. Everything went well till my primary Dr. didn't fill my prescription for 5 days. I thought I would be fine, but instead I went into a major flair up. I won't be running out again! I pay $40 with Silver Script RX & B/C B/S."

Mamasan 1951 February 17, 2018

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "I have been on ULORIC for 7 years. After starting Uloric I have NOT had one Gout issue. Not one. It has lowered my acid levels . I have no side effects. Would recommend if if you suffer from Gout ."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2018

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "This is a miracle drug!! I've been suffering with gout for 10 years now. The last 3-4 years however have been hell. Anyone who does not suffer from gout count your blessings everyday! For the past 3-4 years an attack would last for 4-5 months!!! I was taking Tylenol 3 for pain and naproxen I also took Allopurinol for 6 months and it didn't work. My friend who suffers from gout recommended Uloric. After my last attack ended I went to the doctor. I've been on uloric for a year and a half now with NO attacks and NO swelling. I eat and drink as I please with NO side effects. If anyone is reading this please talk to your doctor asap"

Beverton 79 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "My uric acid was 8.6 after use Uloric went down to 2.9. I've had no attacks after started taking Uloric . I stopped taking it and the uric acid went up 4.5 but the pain was still coming back, not exactly gout attack but I know the kind of pain on my joins, so I started to take it again. Now after taking 80 mg regularly I've got no pains or attacks. No side effects good medicine but the price is just too high."

caifan November 22, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "I started on uloric due to having an allergic reaction to allopurinol. Well the 2nd day on it I broke out in a small rash not very noticeable and the 3rd day I have a burning painful rash all over my body!!! My face started swelling and the slightest touch feels like someone is ripping my skin. I was told to stop immediately and now it's the wait game for the reaction to go away now :-("

J1986 August 18, 2017

For Gout: "Been taking Febuxostat for 20 months or so. Prior to doing so I had major agony gout attacks every two weeks. First year the tablets activated all the stored crystals and I was in agony, but not as frequent...anyway I stuck with it and have had 2 minor not too painful attacks in the last 8 months...after 2 yrs I should have cleared all the joints and won't have any further attacks. I'm running and in the gym for the first time in nearly 3 years, so feel better all round. Stick with it, is my advice. The only downside has been a reduction in libido, but I'll take that over the agony of gout."

NickF68 July 25, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "My doctor told me for a few years that I would have to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life to avoid it. I refused and fought it off with the regular pills when it flared up. After struggling with gout for several years it had reached a chronic condition leaving me on crutches every other week. It had become so bad I thought bones were breaking. Turns out it was just even more intense gout attacks. Finally I raised the white flag of surrender and agreed to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life. After some research I decided on Uloric. I have been taking one pill a day every day for the past 3 years and I have not had a single gout flair up."

GoutPainFreeMe (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 6, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "I have been on Uloric for the past 18 months. I have taken a pill every day (80mg) with colchicine. Unfortunately my attacks have become more frequent and more severe. My doctor keeps saying I will get better, but I am running out of patience and plan to go to a different doctor and possibly a different drug. I need an honest second opinion, it does not help that my Rheumatologist is closing his practice due to an impending lawsuit."

Getting more attacks (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "I have been on 80 mg Uloric with colchicine for the last 18 months. I used to get attacks about once every 3 months, while only taking colchicine, now with Uloric I get an attacks almost every month. It took about 6 months for my purine levels to fall to a normal range. but still attacks, I am saddened by the results. My doctor says to continue and he expects it could be another year before I don't get attacks. I don't believe him and am seeking a second opinion. My attacks typically are in my feet and last 7 to 10 days. I presently have a rare attack in my knee and I can hardly walk without severe pain. I have an insurance plan that basically covers this."

Pinballer (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "Went on Uloric about 2 years ago, cleared gout up quickly but after 6 months quit due to cost. Have found that Gout attacks are too much to handle so have gone back on Uloric. But have found that in Mexico you can buy the same drug for $30 per month. Thanks US healthcare."

DallasM (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "I took Uloric for four months. It worked great for gout; however. I have experienced a rapid onset hypertension and increased heart rate (+ 35%). I had no such problems prior to Uloric. I'd rather have gout. Caveat Emptor."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

For Gout: "I had gout for 20 years and allergic to Allopurinol. Overall my gout has been poorly managed. Last year I had back to back debilitating attacks. Radically changed diet with zero effect over many months. Researched BP meds and was taken off Ramipril. Immediate reduction in flare ups but UA still 10 to 17. After going onto 80mg Febuxostat UA was 4.5 within 4 days. Took Colchicine during 4 months. As predicted had flare ups when starting as UA came out of joints. With the worst ever gout attack. Now all is fantastic and taken up exercise again. My arthritic knees even seem better. Don't know if this is coincidence. Fortunately in UK this medicine is free on national health."

Stevemacuk April 23, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "Had gout flares on & off for 30 years. Usually prednisone would clear it up. Tried allupurinol but it made my legs & feet tingly. Tried uloric, no flare ups. Uric acid dropped to 1.9 on 80 mg. Dr changed dose to 40 mg, uric levels staying around 4. Only side effect I've noticed is a big increase in dreams. No nightmares or bad dreams ,just a lot of regular dreams. Luckily its carried by the base pharmacy so there is no cost."

Big Ally February 20, 2017

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "initial use caused flare up. Regular use has been very effective at preventing flare ups. Side effect for me is that although it doesn't seem to be be the cause of rashes it seems to exacperate an reoccurring eczema like skin condition on my hands. Stopped use of Uloric to see if skin condition on hands would improve and the eczema was less severe....but then I had a gout attack! No cost to me in Canada with a benefits plan."

Mcgouty November 19, 2016

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "Over priced medications Probably government sponsored at tax payers expense and then billed for profit.... Should be 5 bucks for 30 days."

Anonymous July 7, 2016

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "Was diagnosed with Chronic Gout in early 2013 after over a decade of periodic attacks - Suffered for 3 straight months when subscribed Uloric - As one should be "gout free" for some weeks before taking - having Chronic gout wasn't possible - so started off along with Cochicine - Over 2 years later - Have never had another gout attack - and best of all - I can eat/drink whatever I want again (Even Shrimp and Beer that were the worst causes for attacks). My doctor commented he has never seen such dramatic drop in Uric acid levels in my blood tests (although not many patients he has uses it due to the cost - not all insurance companies may cover). No side affects that seem apparent. Life changing for the better!"

Shadowmark (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2016

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "I was taking Uloric for a little over a year, with excellent results. The downside was the co-pay was around $70 a month to start. In a little over a year, the co-pay was increased several times; today, the co-pay is over $300! I discontinued taking Uloric simply because I could no longer afford the out-of-pocket co-pay. By the way, I have an excellent supplemental insurance plan that covers only drugs. Having had a kidney transplant six months ago, I'll be taking two immunosuppressant drugs (Cellcept and Prograf) for the rest of my life. The co-payment for these two drugs is not cheap, but even combined, their co-pays are much less than for Uloric. This is just another example how pharmaceutical companies gouge consumers."

MedMan175 May 15, 2016

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "First time I got Gout I was 14 then never had it again till I turned 40. 1 attack a year led to 2 then 3 and 4. The pain got worse every attack. I went on Allopuranol 3 years ago and it brought my Uric acid down to below 3 but the side effects were starting to bother me. I went off it for a year and the attacks started up again. I went on Uloric 80 mg a day 2 months ago and it's a life changing solution. No side effect and and no attacks. What more can I say."

Q4 May 8, 2016

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "I've had gout and now tophus gout for 13 years. My UA is normally 10.8. With Uloric, Probenecid, and Colcrys - the combination of all three meds brings the UA down to 4.8 - great for getting rid of the tophi. Having a lot of insurance problems as they will not approve Uloric. They keep saying that they have not received the doctor's faxes - though we have proof that they have received them, etc. so much for coverage of the elderly."

DocEagle (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2016

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "Started taking 3 days ago. Pain left my fingers for the most part and went straight to my toe. Hurts big time. Taking 40 dose daily. According to Uloric web page, it may get worse at first.......well...... gout is much worse. Patiently waiting and praying. NO INSURANCE COVERAGE."

KSVJ (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

Uloric (febuxostat) for Gout: "Still have short flareups of gout but less painful and pain only lasts a few hours"

motel (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2015