User Reviews for Pegloticase

Also known as: Krystexxa

Gout
8.6

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

longbid · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2021

For Gout: “After first treatment (wow expensive stuff) uric acid levels were almost non existent. After 5 uric acid levels went to 11.0. Did not work for me. Went to Uloric and dropped to under 5. My primary care physician did not like my blood work during this so I am on Allapurinol 300mg. I am awaiting my first uric acid levels. I have been on this for only 3 weeks. Fingers crossed”

Rob · Taken for less than 1 month April 8, 2021

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “Doctor's need to be real with their patients regarding gout flare ups. About to go in for my 2nd infusion tomorrow morning but I am experiencing a significant gout flare up in multipole joints - hands, wrists, ankles, feet. I'm a runner and I was doing fine until the first infusion - 500 mg allo, .6 mg colchicine - but I wanted to take the uric acid level lower and possibly begin dissolving tophi crystals. Now I'm in a bit of pain and feel like an old man - can't really be as mobile as I was prior to receiving first infusion - I sincerely hope this is not how it is for the remainder of the treatment - what's the point then? Hard time walking and getting around without pain and can't even think about heading out for my runs at this point. That being said my UA level is .89. Never has it ever been that low - I just have years of gout breaking up in my body and circulating, apparently.”

The claw · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2020

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “I’ve had gout for 21 years. All the traditional meds had side effects. I'm 60. It is week 5 and the gout flares in my hands continue unchecked. I've got about 30 percent ability in my right hand and my left hands turned into a swollen claw. Sleep comes only when I’m so exhausted I border on delirious. The flares in my arms are constant and at times take the whole arm. Something that’s never happened to me before. Colchine and indomethcin haven’t had any effect on the flares I can see. Don't let anyone kid you - expect the flares to be brutal.”

GlenK June 4, 2011

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “Started this therapy just a week ago. Being 7 years on allopurinol, I have never seen my uric acid level under 9. Within 4 hours after my 1st infusion, my uric acid went from 13.1 to 1.9. Looking forward to see what it does to my hand tophi.”

depauwann2000 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 18, 2012

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “My husband has severe gout. Before starting Krystexxa he was so bad that I had to take him to the Dr. in a wheel chair. He couldn't stand, walk or even function. Krystexxa has changed all that. He is back to walking on his own and functioning quite normally. Thank you!”

JV1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2019

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “This infusion drug (Krystexxa) is working great at dissolving several large tophi lumps in only 6 treatments in 3 months. As the treatments progress, I've also noticed an increase in energy and just feel better and more alive overall. I've had gout for over 25 years and apparently didn't get on Allopurinol before it was too late. Even though the Allo kept my uric acid in the normal range, I had supposedly been allowing lots of tophi to grow on my internal organs. My doctor thinks I may need a year or more of Krystexxa to rid my body, internal and external of all of the tophi, then the Allo may actually work. So thankful somebody invented this drug as my gout had gotten very bad recently as I turned 60. I've been having large flare-ups of gout attacks in-between the infusions but they are lessening in severity recently. Hopefully the worst side-effects are over and things will get even better as I proceed.”

Megamike · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2020

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “My uric acid level 10.9 at 1st treatment. I have had gout for over 20 years in almost every joint you can think of fingers, toes, hands, wrist, elbows, shoulders knees, ankles and even my ear lobe. Hopefully this Krystexxa stuff will do the trick for me also I was taking 300mg allopurinol daily plus prednisone - yet no relief. Knots coming up all over my body and multiple surgery to remove some praying this works so I can live normal again! 1ST night of the infusion sore and have vomiting. So we will see how it goes from here.”

thankful mom · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 4, 2012

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “Miracle drug. My son (age 35) has had gout since he was 16. He had gotten so bad that he literally could not get out of the house without crawling. His quality of life was limited and I was beginning to worry about his mental state. After 12 treatments, not only was he walking but he was able to dance with his daughter at my wedding. We're hoping for a maintenance program now. Thank You!”

2livebaby February 27, 2018

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “I've been bed ridden for four and a half months now and am taking colchicine and allopurinol. Uric acid level still not subsiding. And I'm going crazy. I'm getting insurance so I can get on krystexxa. I can't walk without crutches and I need a wheel chair. Praying that krystexxa will work.”

ALASKA-74 March 6, 2018

For Gout: “Been on Krystexxa for almost 3 months and it's been a positive experience. Serum uric acid undetectable ever since treatment begun. Some tophi are slowly getting smaller, including a very rare case of intratendinous tophi in my RT patellar tendon. Anxious to see how a full 6 month treatment plays out. I'm also on a low dose 15mg / wk of methotrexate pills to minimize the chance of developing antibodies to Krystexxa. So far, that appears to be working. I'd suggest anyone considering Krystexxa to ask their rheumatologist about doing the same because if you develop antibodies like several patients do, it's game over and you can't try it again. Also to those new to Krystexxa, it can and will induce some of the most wicked gout flares you've ever had. Mine began approx 2 wks after first infusion. I see this as positive proof that those crystals are mobilizing and going away. Flares become less frequent. When not experiencing a flare, my feet and knee feel better than they've felt in 15 yrs.”

Anonymous May 14, 2011

Krystexxa (pegloticase) for Gout: “My uric acid is staying below normal. I feel better ... I am doing a little more just within a month.”